November waiting

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

jmra
Posts in topic: 30

Re: November waiting

Post by jmra »

Mike777 wrote:Finaly shows mailed after 71 days!
:fire
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

CenTx
Posts in topic: 4

Post by CenTx »

Mailed!! :woohoo

txbecca2000
Posts in topic: 18

Post by txbecca2000 »

Does anyone know if the website only updates at a certain time of the day or can it be anytime? For example, I see alot of people update on here in the mornings that their status changed, so I was just wondering?

Thanks in advance!

Dray92
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Dray92 »

I sent my application 11-16
Called today and the lady said they started on my application yesterday but no update online yet. Does anyone know long the process takes once they start on the application if I have a clean record?

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

MAILED!!!! :hurry: :hurry: :hurry:
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

imvirus
Posts in topic: 23

Post by imvirus »

Dray92 wrote:I sent my application 11-16
Called today and the lady said they started on my application yesterday but no update online yet. Does anyone know long the process takes once they start on the application if I have a clean record?
If they are working on your app today, you should get an update by tomorrow. My app updates everyday now. Currently I'm on "Manufacturing". I was on Manufacturing Pending yesterday. :thumbs2:

golferced
Posts in topic: 13

Post by golferced »

imvirus wrote:
Dray92 wrote:I sent my application 11-16
If they are working on your app today, you should get an update by tomorrow. My app updates everyday now. Currently I'm on "Manufacturing". I was on Manufacturing Pending yesterday. :thumbs2:

My application has been on Background Pending since last week. Maybe once the background is completed it updates everyday. I called this morning and they told me the last thing they were waiting on was the report from the state as far as my criminal record. I have a clean record so I dont know how long that will take. I am thinking it should be completed by the end of the week. What has everyone else seen ?

txlawandorder
Posts in topic: 7

Post by txlawandorder »

txbecca2000 wrote:Does anyone know if the website only updates at a certain time of the day or can it be anytime? For example, I see alot of people update on here in the mornings that their status changed, so I was just wondering?

Thanks in advance!
I am involved with the DPS in my professional life as well as a CHL applicant. Typically changes seem to post overnight. I dont know if data is entered during the work days and the servers post it up at night or what but all my other occupation licenses only change status overnight. Hope that helps..... :headscratch

txbecca2000

Post by txbecca2000 »

Yes it does, txlawandorder! I appreciate that very much. If nothing else, it will keep me from checking my status 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000+ times a day! Haha!! I will *try* and limit my checking to just the mornings. The wait is SO hard.

Blake
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Blake »

Day 72 and I got another update!

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Complete
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport photo holder : Received
Photo : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Completed
Concealed Handgun License : Manufacturing Pending

JoeSixPack

Post by JoeSixPack »

Almost there.....

Application, fingerprints, and tests submitted 11/13/13 via email.

First update 1/20/14. Showed manufacturing.
Second update 1/22/14. Shows mailed.

I may get out of this waiting room one of these days!

jmra
Posts in topic: 30

Post by jmra »

JoeSixPack wrote:Almost there.....

Application, fingerprints, and tests submitted 11/13/13 via email.

First update 1/20/14. Showed manufacturing.
Second update 1/22/14. Shows mailed.

I may get out of this waiting room one of these days!
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

TBJK
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TBJK »

txbecca2000 wrote:Yes it does, txlawandorder! I appreciate that very much. If nothing else, it will keep me from checking my status 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000+ times a day! Haha!! I will *try* and limit my checking to just the mornings. The wait is SO hard.
I've had mine change a couple times during the course of the day (12/31) so there is no real pattern on when it updates. Mine went from background & finger prints in that morning to manufacure pending then to mailed in the course of a day. Granted it was stuck on BG & Fingerprints for 11 days during the Christmas holiday shutdown.

wdknox

Post by wdknox »

wdknox wrote:I have been stalking this sight since shortly after I applied for my CHL and I really appreciated everyone updating there status. It gave me hope that I would actually get some kind of update soon. And low and behold it happened. I thought it would only be fitting for me to post my status so that maybe it will give someone else hope that the waiting will eventually end.

Online application 11/17/13
Fingerprints 11/22/13
CHL class 11/23/13
Online submission of documents 11/24/13
The submission of documents was on a Sunday and for some reason I didn't feel good about it. On Monday 11/25/13 I call and after holding for about 30 minutes I talked to a lady that was very helpful. They did not have the forms that I email the day before, so while she had me on the line she had me resubmit my documents and she verified that my documents came through on their email system.

That said today 1/21/14 I received an update

Everything was good and no more documents required

Background Check : Under review
Concealed Handgun License : Print pending completion of application review

So for those of you still waiting there is hope
Good Luck!!!

Update today 1/22/14

Background Check : Completed
Concealed Handgun License : Manufacturing Pending

I didn't expect to see any change today, but checking my status daily has turned into my regular routine. And one day later the background check was complete. :cheers2:

txbecca2000

Post by txbecca2000 »

Thanks TBJK! Hopefully someday soon, my status will change! Everything was submitted on 11/25. No status change thus far

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”