November waiting

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

simpleton
Posts in topic: 4

Re: November waiting

Post by simpleton »

I have not received an email, but I did log in and I see my status has changed to "Application packet has been received from the applicant, the application is in progress."

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Under review
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport photo holder : Not required for renewal
Photo : Not required for renewal
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Fee : Received

Background Check : Under review
Concealed Handgun License : Print pending completion of application review

I applied online on 11-15-13.
Hidalgo County
05/01/09 Mailed App
05/07/09 App entered into system (According to what DPS said when I called for a status update)
05/14/09 check cashed
07/08/09 Recieved my PIN after an email request.
08/26/09 Online status changed to Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

imvirus
Posts in topic: 23

Post by imvirus »

simpleton wrote:I have not received an email, but I did log in and I see my status has changed to "Application packet has been received from the applicant, the application is in progress."

Passport photo holder : Not required for renewal
Photo : Not required for renewal

I applied online on 11-15-13.

I hope I get an update soon. I sent mine via mail on 11/8 and sent it online on 11/22.

johnmbergman
Posts in topic: 8

Post by johnmbergman »

imvirus wrote:I hope I get an update soon. I sent mine via mail on 11/8 and sent it online on 11/22.
I'm in nearly the same timeline as you... I would love to have the plastic in my hands by the end of the month.

Kurt1W
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Kurt1W »

I have begun my November waiting period.

Online Application 10/30/2013
CHL Class 10/18/2013
FingerPrints 11/04/2013
Mailed Off 11/05/2013
License Being mailed 01/23/2014

Checked Online for paperwork received 01/10/2014... Still no Confirmation
Online Submitted Forms 1/10/2014 :rules:

And I Am Waiting :patriot:

Latest Update as of 21Jan2014
License Status: Application packet has been received from the applicant, the application is in progress. Show receipt
Passport photo holder : Received
Photo : Received

Yes the process shows to be underway!!! :clapping:

It is being mailed today at 01/23/2014 :thewave
Last edited by Kurt1W on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

cobbweb
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cobbweb »

Sent my renewal by mail the 26 of Nov. I emailed them the 7th of Jan. to see if they had gotten paperwork, got the standard email today that it would be 8 wks from the time your last documents were sumitted. So we wait, I still have 90 day hope that is enough.

dru
Posts in topic: 6

Post by dru »

My wife applied online for her first TX CHL on 11/1/2013 and emailed documents on 11/4/2013.. The website STILL shows "application in progress....." with no status updates.

However, there may be light at the end of the tunnel for us all. We decided to inquire with our state senator and representative about what the hold up was (thinking that might light a fire under someone's butt). Today, one day later, she received two phone calls from DPS telling her that she is at the end of the background check and that it should only be a few more days before it can finish processing and be sent off for printing. However, she also received an email today from someone over at DPS stating that her application has not yet begun the process and that the average timeframe for confirming receipt of emailed or mailed materials is 10-12 weeks.

So what we learned is that contacting your elected leaders may not speed up the process any, but it will get a response. I'm thinking sometime late next week or maybe early the following week is when we will expect to have the license mailed, if not already received.

mark1969
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mark1969 »

I guess we should all call our senators and reps up and see if we can get moved ahead of those of us from prior months that are still waiting. I am in complete agreement that the process is taking too long, just burns me that someone would call their senator and portray getting special treatment..

LadyLightening
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LadyLightening »

Wow, I'm speechless. Entitled much?

LadyLightening

Post by LadyLightening »

mark1969 wrote:I guess we should all call our senators and reps up and see if we can get moved ahead of those of us from prior months that are still waiting. I am in complete agreement that the process is taking too long, just burns me that someone would call their senator and portray getting special treatment..

Nicely said!

tamc
Posts in topic: 5

Post by tamc »

[quote="tamc"]Just received the following:

Thank you for using the Regulatory Services Division’s website.

quote]

Quick update, my status did change over last couple of days to "background check and final printing pending". I hope this is not the next "long wait" or "false update" and that they are actually catching up.

LadyLightening

Post by LadyLightening »

[quote="tamc"][quote="tamc"]Just received the following:

Thank you for using the Regulatory Services Division’s website.

quote]

Quick update, my status did change over last couple of days to "background check and final printing pending". I hope this is not the next "long wait" or "false update" and that they are actually catching

My background check has been under review for two days now! Ugh.

Stratman

Post by Stratman »

My wife sent in all the required docs on Nov 3 and is still waiting. I got mine last May after only a 40 day wait time. I think the current wait may relate to the earlier fed govt shutdown which may have backlogged background checks. Then there was the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays and a lot of state workers probably took additional vacation time.

jwine

Post by jwine »

Just to give you November guys and gals some encouragement, I received confirmation that my documents were received on Oct. 31 and got my first update this morning at 73 days. So it seems they are finishing up Oct.

imvirus
Posts in topic: 23

Post by imvirus »

jwine wrote:Just to give you November guys and gals some encouragement, I received confirmation that my documents were received on Oct. 31 and got my first update this morning at 73 days. So it seems they are finishing up Oct.

I hope us November applicants will be seeing some progress in the next week or 2. :hurry:

johnmbergman
Posts in topic: 8

Post by johnmbergman »

Good news!! :hurry: Mine was submitted in the second week of November... does that mean I am two weeks away? :mrgreen:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”