October Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

mark1969
Posts in topic: 8

Re: October Applications

Post by mark1969 »

manufacturing oending, 81 days

TBJK
Posts in topic: 30

Post by TBJK »

Mine was printed & mailed on the 31st but the postmark said the 3rd is when it was mailed. Received on the 6th, it's been a different week for sure. On a side note someone tried to break into my house Thursday morning. I found a broken knife blade in my deadbolt keyhole.

TomsTXCHL
Posts in topic: 25

Post by TomsTXCHL »

TBJK wrote:... someone tried to break into my house Thursday morning. I found a broken knife blade in my deadbolt keyhole.
Wow, scary stuff TBJK!

OK I'll update my status: applied online 10/6, can logon and see "waiting for requested materials" after a day or two, then fingerprinted via FAST on 10/24, and to this date still have no change in my status.

LadyLightening
Posts in topic: 39

Post by LadyLightening »

TBJK wrote:Mine was printed & mailed on the 31st but the postmark said the 3rd is when it was mailed. Received on the 6th, it's been a different week for sure. On a side note someone tried to break into my house Thursday morning. I found a broken knife blade in my deadbolt keyhole.

Holy smokes batman! Did you report it?

SWK8
Posts in topic: 22

Post by SWK8 »

[quote="Jweaver"]Anyone been keeping up with how long it takes after the first status update? Was always worried bout the update and haven't been keeping up with the rest.[/quote

Mine was 2 weeks, and then 3 days later it changed to "mailed".

TBJK

Post by TBJK »

LadyLightening wrote:
TBJK wrote:Mine was printed & mailed on the 31st but the postmark said the 3rd is when it was mailed. Received on the 6th, it's been a different week for sure. On a side note someone tried to break into my house Thursday morning. I found a broken knife blade in my deadbolt keyhole.

Yep when I got home last night. Told all my neighbors as well so they are keeping a closer eye on things. I picked up 2 door stop alarms so if someone opens the door I won't be completely off guard if our dogs are dreaming heavily.

LadyLightening

Post by LadyLightening »

TBJK wrote:
LadyLightening wrote:

Yep when I got home last night. Told all my neighbors as well so they are keeping a closer eye on things. I picked up 2 door stop alarms so if someone opens the door I won't be completely off guard if our dogs are dreaming heavily.

Scary! What kind of dogs are they?

TBJK

Post by TBJK »

Vicious Black Lab & Toy Papillon. Lol. Our Lab doesn't like new people coming around, she has I think abandonment issues due to her previous owners. She was left at a dog park about 3-4 months before we got her & has been through several families that ended up not being able to keep her.

Rick1957

Post by Rick1957 »

Well 86 days door to door. I got my plastic in the mail today ! :woohoo

LadyLightening

Post by LadyLightening »

TBJK wrote:Vicious Black Lab & Toy Papillon. Lol. Our Lab doesn't like new people coming around, she has I think abandonment issues due to her previous owners. She was left at a dog park about 3-4 months before we got her & has been through several families that ended up not being able to keep her.

Poor girl. I'm glad she has a good home and loving family now. She wasn't left at a DFW dog park was she? I remember seeing an ad on Craigslist awhile back for a litter of puppies that were dumped there.

SWK8

Post by SWK8 »

Rick1957 wrote:Well 86 days door to door. I got my plastic in the mail today ! :woohoo
Congrats!!! :cheers2:

TBJK

Post by TBJK »

Rick1957 wrote:Well 86 days door to door. I got my plastic in the mail today ! :woohoo
Congrats Rick.

Yeah the first owner had her microchipped but then left her at the dog park. She was 6 months old at the time. The second owner couldn't keep her due to the apartments he lived in. Then went to a foster home, then the last owner couldn't keep her because she kept trying to catch their cat & kill it. She likes to chase squirrels & any other small animal that's not a dog.

Rick1957

Post by Rick1957 »

TBJK wrote:
Congrats Rick.

Yeah the first owner had her microchipped but then left her at the dog park. She was 6 months old at the time. The second owner couldn't keep her due to the apartments he lived in. Then went to a foster home, then the last owner couldn't keep her because she kept trying to catch their cat & kill it. She likes to chase squirrels & any other small animal that's not a dog.
Thanks I'm glad the wait is finally over ! :patriot:

Josias
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Josias »

How long did most of you wait from background check to license showing mailed?

SWK8

Post by SWK8 »

Josias wrote:How long did most of you wait from background check to license showing mailed?
3 weeks for me :tiphat:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”