October Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

LadyLightening
Posts in topic: 39

Re: October Applications

Post by LadyLightening »

cocked&locked wrote:I was able to get another human being on the line after 35 min. Unfortunately, because of two moving violations I had my application is being reviewed by the "legal department" and will most likely be denied. There is no time frame when you application is sent there so waiting would be a waste of time for me. Ironically this makes thing easier. I had sought legal advice before applying and was told that everything would be kosher so I may appeal the decision or wait another year or maybe apply in FL.

ladyl: you should called , just make sure you got good reception and enjoy the music lol

Oh crap. Moving violations!? I thought those are accepted... I have points on my license!

SWK8
Posts in topic: 22

Post by SWK8 »

SWK8 wrote:Well finally an update this morning "Manufacturing Pending" :hurry:
Submitted online 10/28, got first update on 12/19 and Manufacturing Pending 01/08
As I stated above I emailed mine on 10/28, a day after I took the class. I did the App and finger prints way back in June and waited until Sept., so I could take the class with my Daughter after she turned 21. Maybe thats why mine has updated before some of yours have? :???:
Last edited by SWK8 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rick1957

Post by Rick1957 »

LadyLightening wrote:
cocked&locked wrote:I was able to get another human being on the line after 35 min. Unfortunately, because of two moving violations I had my application is being reviewed by the "legal department" and will most likely be denied. There is no time frame when you application is sent there so waiting would be a waste of time for me. Ironically this makes thing easier. I had sought legal advice before applying and was told that everything would be kosher so I may appeal the decision or wait another year or maybe apply in FL.

ladyl: you should called , just make sure you got good reception and enjoy the music lol

Oh crap. Moving violations!? I thought those are accepted... I have points on my license!

What does moving violations have to do with a CHL ?

SWK8

Post by SWK8 »

Rick1957 wrote:
LadyLightening wrote:

What does moving violations have to do with a CHL ?
X2 :confused5 Maybe DPS thinks they are more susceptible to road rage? :lol::

TBJK
Posts in topic: 30

Post by TBJK »

As long as they are class c misdemeanors your fine. But if they are "A or B" & within the past 5 years then no CHL until the time has past, expunged or found not guilty. :read: from what I remember.

cocked&locked
Posts in topic: 10

Post by cocked&locked »

They are indeed class C. One is 5 year old AND I did the diversion program for it. I researched the matter thoroughly and talked to two different lawyers. I enclosed detailed information on both charges. I do understand that those events and the fact that I became a US citizen recently present a liability issue. However, I am able to purchase firearms with no issues.
The guy I had on the phone told me: " your application has been moved to our legal department and will be more likely denied... you can't obtain a permit with a class A or B misd." to which I replied I know, both are class C. He paused for a while and I asked him if they were going to be able to make a decision within 90 days. He replied : " no, No, NO lol

I have a lawyer on speed dial and he told me that since I called them they would send me a letter pretty soon if my app is denied. In that case, I will just send him the letter and let him go to work. So to those who have been waiting 60 days plus... call! It still says that their turnaround time is 60 days. If I could do it all over again, I would of course have ridden in a safe manner but I should have applied in FL or AZ: cheaper and faster. I'll keep you guy posted.

infoman
Posts in topic: 8

Post by infoman »

What was the actual name of your offense? Was is reckless driving?

LadyLightening

Post by LadyLightening »

infoman wrote:What was the actual name of your offense? Was is reckless driving?

I know your asking the other guy but mine are just speeding.

cocked&locked
Posts in topic: 10

Post by cocked&locked »

What was the actual name of your offense? Was is reckless driving?
yep! And it carries a 1 year max imprisonment penalty but I was only fined $475, which solidifies the fact that it is a class C. I knew I was in trouble when I bought that MC!
I'm guessing they will find a way to deny me but I should be able to win the appeal and therefore "force their hand". I do understand that my conduct which I regret dearly, raises some questions. After all a car is a deadly weapon. However, it happened 2 year and a half ago in NE and my driving has been perfect since, my license is valid and am able to purchase firearms for home and car defense.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programing: Lady: you're totally fine. Just call to check but don't mention the missing form. If you do, the operator will be able to cut the conversation short and tell you they will update your status when they get/find it. I would tell them I'm over 70 days and not mention anything about my status online. Hopefully, the person you talk to will contact the worker in charge on your application, ask what's up and hopefully speed things up a little bit. :patriot:

infoman

Post by infoman »

Reckless driving is considered a class b here in Texas. I'm taking a guess you got this out if state? If so, it doesn't matter if they called it a class C or not, you'll prob get denied. It's similar to "disorderly conduct", which is also a class C. A person cannot have a disorderly conduct charge in the previous 5 years (class C or not). The wreck less driving charge is the same thing. I have known others who have been denied for the exact same thing. Also, there are certain charges one might get out of state & be classified a certain way, but Texas may see those same charges as a higher grade of misdemeanor. Just giving you some facts & my experience of others on this forum be denied for same scenario.

infoman

Post by infoman »

In short- wreck less driving (in most cases) IS considered a class B misd. & people have been denied for that before cause they thought it was a class C, being that's what they were told at the time.

SWK8

Post by SWK8 »

My status changed to mailed today! :thewave :woohoo

mark1969

Post by mark1969 »

congratulations swk8 , how many days has it been since you sent it in

Jweaver

Post by Jweaver »

89 days since I put it in the mail box and I just got my first update.
It's weird how it's updated at 9 am. I've been checking every morning and every afternoon. I knew it was for a good reason.

bigboy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bigboy »

status update: Concealed Handgun License : Manufacturing Pending

mailed in on 10/19

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”