October Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Jweaver
Posts in topic: 22

Re: October Applications

Post by Jweaver »

I got in touch with them on the phone today. I mailed mine in on October 12th. I asked if I could be told whether or not they had received my forms. I was told I would have to allow for more time because right now it still shows that they have not received them. He said I should have sent it in in certified mail so I would have received a conformation. He said it could still be a few weeks because they still have a lot to do from October. Didn't really have any good news for me. :confused5

LadyLightening
Posts in topic: 39

Post by LadyLightening »

Jweaver wrote:I got in touch with them on the phone today. I mailed mine in on October 12th. I asked if I could be told whether or not they had received my forms. I was told I would have to allow for more time because right now it still shows that they have not received them. He said I should have sent it in in certified mail so I would have received a conformation. He said it could still be a few weeks because they still have a lot to do from October. Didn't really have any good news for me. :confused5

Geez I guess i won't bother calling tomorrow then.

Jweaver

Post by Jweaver »

I've heard others say they would rush them through if you called maybe. Didn't sound like they even wanted to talk to any body.

cocked&locked
Posts in topic: 10

Post by cocked&locked »

Everyone who's getting updates/got them, could y'all include the date they received the package? Makes it easier! My date is Oct 28th and still no update but I'm feeling like it's very close.
Prints: 10/14/2013
Application: 10/17/2013
1st update (Print pending upon application review): 12/14/2013
I haven't checked my status in a while but I haven't received anything either. I thought I was going to receive my plastic a little after Xmas but it looks like the time frame is getting worse. I wish I had done mine sooner but I am glad I'm not in the november or december waiting group. After the mailing update you have to count a least one week (on average) to get plastic in hand. At this rate I will be well over 90 days!!!!

The chance of USPS losing your package are slim to none, especially for a within state shipping/delivery. What you need to focus on is the total days count. Folks that mailed their packages 1week-2weeks before me are seeing 84-89 days turnarounds so I'm hoping for next wednesday (90 days) next week I will be getting my plastic. Also some people get their 1st update pretty late but then receive the mailed notification 1-2 days later, while some guys like me can wait well over a month for their second update! Frankly, I'm so frustrated that I have stopped practicing my draws and dry firing.

Rick1957

Post by Rick1957 »

cocked&locked wrote:
Everyone who's getting updates/got them, could y'all include the date they received the package? Makes it easier! My date is Oct 28th and still no update but I'm feeling like it's very close.
Prints: 10/14/2013
Application: 10/17/2013
1st update (Print pending upon application review): 12/14/2013
I haven't checked my status in a while but I haven't received anything either. I thought I was going to receive my plastic a little after Xmas but it looks like the time frame is getting worse. I wish I had done mine sooner but I am glad I'm not in the november or december waiting group. After the mailing update you have to count a least one week (on average) to get plastic in hand. At this rate I will be well over 90 days!!!!

The chance of USPS losing your package are slim to none, especially for a within state shipping/delivery. What you need to focus on is the total days count. Folks that mailed their packages 1week-2weeks before me are seeing 84-89 days turnarounds so I'm hoping for next wednesday (90 days) next week I will be getting my plastic. Also some people get their 1st update pretty late but then receive the mailed notification 1-2 days later, while some guys like me can wait well over a month for their second update! Frankly, I'm so frustrated that I have stopped practicing my draws and dry firing.

Mine was received on the 14th Oct and I got my first update last Friday. Its really taking a while. Once you get a update its like two days later it shows mailed. Well thats the way mine went lol

jnichols2

Post by jnichols2 »

I asked this before because it's a little confusing, but never really got an answer.

Are most of you counting the turnaround time from the initial application (85 Days for me) or when all documents were received by DPS (71 Days) ?

It's hard to believe the process time was under 30 days when I first applied. :headscratch

SWK8

Post by SWK8 »

Well finally an update this morning "Manufacturing Pending" :hurry:
Submitted online 10/28, got first update on 12/19 and Manufacturing Pending 01/08

TomsTXCHL
Posts in topic: 25

Post by TomsTXCHL »

SWK8 wrote:Well finally an update this morning "Manufacturing Pending" :hurry:
Submitted online 10/28, got first update on 12/19 and Manufacturing Pending 01/08
Lucky you. I submitted on 10/6, but had not yet been fingerprinted which was done via FAST on 10/24, and have yet to see any updates at all. I wonder if, by virtue of my application not being an "all at once" affair, it will take extra time for them to associate the FAST with the BG check with the original app...

Yuk! :cryin

mark1969
Posts in topic: 8

Post by mark1969 »

79 days today since submitting by email, no response for application received and no status change either. I have considered sending it in again.

LadyLightening

Post by LadyLightening »

I'm debating on calling.... Any ideas on what I can say to butter somebody up? :tiphat:

cocked&locked

Post by cocked&locked »

Mine was received on the 14th Oct and I got my first update last Friday. Its really taking a while. Once you get a update its like two days later it shows mailed. Well thats the way mine went lol
Yeah that's what I thought! Congrats :thewave
I couldn't resist and checked my status today. Nothing since 12/14. I'm on day 83 so even if my status change tomorrow, I won't be getting it by day 90. I'm going to call them.
Are most of you counting the turnaround time from the initial application (85 Days for me) or when all documents were received by DPS (71 Days) ?
my understanding is that most people are counting from the date the package was received (usually the prints are done prior), including weekends and holidays.

Josias
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Josias »

I wasn't even able to EMAIL my packet, since I didn't even receive the confirmation email with the barcode or transaction code until well over 2 months after they signed for my packet via USPS. Looks like its taking over a week to receive the license after manufacture pending update.

gary57210
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gary57210 »

LadyLightening wrote:I'm debating on calling.... Any ideas on what I can say to butter somebody up? :tiphat:
First you have to get someone on the other end to answer. good luck

cocked&locked

Post by cocked&locked »

I was able to get another human being on the line after 35 min. Unfortunately, because of two moving violations I had my application is being reviewed by the "legal department" and will most likely be denied. There is no time frame when you application is sent there so waiting would be a waste of time for me. Ironically this makes thing easier. I had sought legal advice before applying and was told that everything would be kosher so I may appeal the decision or wait another year or maybe apply in FL.

ladyl: you should called , just make sure you got good reception and enjoy the music lol

sic'em
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sic'em »

I submitted everything via email between October 20th and 23rd, and then had to re-submit my CHL-100 at the beginning of December because apparently they never received it. Got my first update at the end of last week, and my status went to mailed today. Hang in there, it looks like they're slowly getting through October.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”