October Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

TBJK
Posts in topic: 30

Re: October Applications

Post by TBJK »

Finally received my plastic. 84 calendar days total. Now for my non-Wallywalk. Sorry to hear your having issues Lady, you may try to call them & inform them that you sent it both snail mail & email. Hopefully they can get it straightened out for you pretty quick.

jmra
Posts in topic: 50

Post by jmra »

TBJK wrote:Finally received my plastic. 84 calendar days total. Now for my non-Wallywalk. Sorry to hear your having issues Lady, you may try to call them & inform them that you sent it both snail mail & email. Hopefully they can get it straightened out for you pretty quick.
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

SWK8
Posts in topic: 22

Post by SWK8 »

LadyLightening wrote:Whoopee Freakin Do. I finally got a reply from my email back in November... I know my chl-100 was sent in via snail mail and then I emailed it a few weeks later but this still irritates me that she can't say for certain if they have it. I mean it's only coming up on 3 months... No big deal or anything...

Dear Ms. Z

Thank you for using the Regulatory Services Division’s website.

At this time we show only missing your CHL-100 training form. No other documents are needed for your application. It’s advised that you put a cover letter with your name and identifying information along with the form above. If you are certain the CHL 100 was mailed along with the other documents, please allow more time for it to be placed into our system.

Our mailing address:

Texas Department of Public Safety
Concealed Handgun - MSC 0245
PO Box 4087
Austin, TX 78773-0001

Keep in mind that it will take 4-5 weeks after your mailed documents arrive at our office before you will see a status change online. If you have already mailed this form within the past 4-5 weeks, then it hasn’t been enough time for our system to show receipt of this document yet.

:???: "If you are certain the CHL 100 was mailed along with the other documents, please allow more time for it to be placed into our system." :blowup This division of the DPS is a joke!

TBJK
Posts in topic: 30

Post by TBJK »

jmra wrote:
TBJK wrote:Finally received my plastic. 84 calendar days total. Now for my non-Wallywalk. Sorry to hear your having issues Lady, you may try to call them & inform them that you sent it both snail mail & email. Hopefully they can get it straightened out for you pretty quick.
Congrats
Thanks. If I had to money sooner I would have had it sooner for certain. :txflag:

Rick1957
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Rick1957 »

Congrats

LadyLightening

Post by LadyLightening »

The DPS website is down!! Hopefully that means it's update time :anamatedbanana

Rick1957

Post by Rick1957 »

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Complete
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport photo holder : Received
Photo : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Proof of Special Condition : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Completed
Concealed Handgun License : Mailed

My update for the day mailed !!!! Congrats on the plastic ! :txflag:

Rick1957

Post by Rick1957 »

LadyLightening wrote:The DPS website is down!! Hopefully that means it's update time :anamatedbanana
I hope they finally have all your stuff together !

SWK8
Posts in topic: 22

Post by SWK8 »

LadyLightening wrote:The DPS website is down!! Hopefully that means it's update time :anamatedbanana
LOL!!! :skep: I was thinking the same thing, Till I just checked my status :banghead:

TomsTXCHL
Posts in topic: 25

Post by TomsTXCHL »

I just looked again and the site brags about issuing 5,193 renewals last week. That IS a lot, and I've no doubt but that renewals get first attention there over new applications.

texsanlaura
Posts in topic: 9

Post by texsanlaura »

Has anyone who submitted electronically on 10/16 gotten any updates? Anything? Bueller?

Also, it's becoming maddening to me that they are not taking any phone calls due to "high call volume"! I still have an email sent in November that has not been answered...

OK, off my soapbox :banghead:

Josias
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Josias »

texsanlaura wrote:Has anyone who submitted electronically on 10/16 gotten any updates? Anything? Bueller?

Also, it's becoming maddening to me that they are not taking any phone calls due to "high call volume"! I still have an email sent in November that has not been answered...

Texsanlaura I just received my very first update this morning since I submitted, which was exactly one week after you submitted, if in fact that is when you emailed your information. I actually mailed mine. Not a single status change, zip, zero, nada until today. I was certain my application was lost, but hey its moving finally.

Background Check : Under review
Concealed Handgun License : Print pending completion of application review

Rick1957

Post by Rick1957 »

Josias wrote:
texsanlaura wrote:Has anyone who submitted electronically on 10/16 gotten any updates? Anything? Bueller?

Texsanlaura I just received my very first update this morning since I submitted, which was exactly one week after you submitted, if in fact that is when you emailed your information. I actually mailed mine. Not a single status change, zip, zero, nada until today. I was certain my application was lost, but hey its moving finally.

Glad to see a few are getting updates I know its driving everyone nuts. It did me to lol :thewave
Last edited by Rick1957 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rick1957

Post by Rick1957 »

Josias wrote:

Congrats :cheers2:

WyattP
Posts in topic: 13

Post by WyattP »

Everyone who's getting updates/got them, could y'all include the date they received the package? Makes it easier! My date is Oct 28th and still no update but I'm feeling like it's very close.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”