October Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

mark1969
Posts in topic: 8

Re: October Applications

Post by mark1969 »

txforfreedom, counted my days again, 73, and it was emailed.

TXforFreedom
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TXforFreedom »

It's not the wait that irritates me. It's the fact that they don't seem to have any system in place for first in, first out. It's more of a freestyle processing of submissions. How hard is it to organize bins of mail or emails by date of arrival? Or even week of arrival?

Rick1957
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Rick1957 »

I know the feeling I mailed my packet in on the 14th Oct and still no updates! :cryin

WyattP
Posts in topic: 13

Post by WyattP »

Received by mail on 28th. Still no update.
To the people who are "ahead" of others despite a later delivery date, did you guys email your docs or what?

jmra
Posts in topic: 50

Post by jmra »

WyattP wrote:Received by mail on 28th. Still no update.
To the people who are "ahead" of others despite a later delivery date, did you guys email your docs or what?
Just because someone has gotten an update and you haven't doesn't mean they are ahead of you. Many have received their license in the mail without ever receiving an update.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

SWK8
Posts in topic: 22

Post by SWK8 »

jmra wrote:
WyattP wrote:Received by mail on 28th. Still no update.
Just because someone has gotten an update and you haven't doesn't mean they are ahead of you. Many have received their license in the mail without ever receiving an update.
Yup! I talked to a person the other day that told me the same thing :headscratch

Jweaver

Post by Jweaver »

There is now a November and December waiting room and soon to be a January room too and it's sad we are still keeping the October room alive and strong. Still waiting. Mailed 10/12 with no update received yet. They did reply to my email from three weeks ago saying the waiting period is now 8-10 weeks so I shouldn't worry but now three weeks later this next Monday will be eleven weeks I believe. :rules:

TomsTXCHL
Posts in topic: 25

Post by TomsTXCHL »

Mine was exactly 10 weeks old yesterday with no update. Of course, there were several major holidays during that period (hic)!

:evil2:

Rick1957

Post by Rick1957 »

Ok people I mailed my packet in on 10-14-13. Today I got my first update !!!!!! Progress at last. :thewave

Jweaver

Post by Jweaver »

Congratulations. Did it say waiting on background check or what's it say now?

Rick1957

Post by Rick1957 »

Jweaver wrote:Congratulations. Did it say waiting on background check or what's it say now?

Waiting on background now . Not really worried about that part i wear a gun every day to work lol

erikhanson
Posts in topic: 4

Post by erikhanson »

Hooray, my status has been updated, a mere 79 days after mailing! I applied online and then mailed in the documentation paperwork on October 17, so for those who have sent theirs in after that, I had literally no update in the status page for about 76 of those days, so be patient -- at this point, I almost joke that the waiting is part of the licensing process, to teach you a zen-like patience to deal with stressful concealed-carry situations ;-)

I still haven't gotten anything in the mail, so the wait continues, but at least I know my stuff wasn't lost on someone's desk or behind a post office sorting machine all this time.
License Status: Application packet has been received from the applicant, the application is in progress. Show receipt

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Complete
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport photo holder : Received
Photo : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Under review
Concealed Handgun License : Print pending completion of application review

Jweaver

Post by Jweaver »

Erichanson did you actually send in a photo and photo holder or just the chl100?

erikhanson
Posts in topic: 4

Post by erikhanson »

Jweaver wrote:Erichanson did you actually send in a photo and photo holder or just the chl100?
I sent in the photos and holder, and all the documentation needed on the checklist they give (the classroom affidavit, proficiency test, et al) via snail mail. I only did the initial fee payment and application online.

Jweaver

Post by Jweaver »

I only sent in my chl100 and receipt for fingerprints because my instructor told me they use you dl picture now and not to do the pictures. Hope that doesn't come back to bite me.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”