March applicants

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

jmain
Posts in topic: 9

Re: March applicants

Post by jmain »

Sorry, that isn't correct, but this is interesting:

I sent in CHL packet on 3/22 - that status still hasn't been updated.
I sent in CHL instructors packet on 3/27 - this status was updated to BG already.
Texas CHL Instructor
www.austinarmory.com
IWB Custom Holsters - CHL Classes - CHL/Holster Packages.

brhalltx
Posts in topic: 4

Post by brhalltx »

And today's email...
The email we received on 3/14/2013 did not have any documents attached. You can attach them to this email and send them to me.
I do know how to attach files and upload on a web site... They were definitely sent. Looks like they lost mine.

I replied to the email and attached the scanned documents. I received an email 30 minutes later saying they had been received and forwarded to the processing department.
Last edited by brhalltx on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mewalke
Posts in topic: 11

Post by mewalke »

St1cky wrote:
mewalke wrote:You did call too early!! I see that you have about 50 posts here at the forum, so do you actually read anything here or what? Did you not see here on the forums that early march folks are just now seeing changes in status?? You're mid march so what's the hurry? Why waste the good folks time at the DPS for answers you should have already known???
You are welcome to do as you please. I did not waste anyone's time by calling to ask if their backlog had increased more than what they had been dealing with a month ago when it was taking 4-5 weeks to get a status update.

jsk
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jsk »

My status changed to background check today, 4/21. I sent my packet via email on 3/6.

jewlsXV
Posts in topic: 6

Post by jewlsXV »

Been lurking for a while. Thought I would post my status update.

Packet mailed on March 5th. Finally updated today April 21st to background under review. :woohoo

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by carlson1 »

2. No personal attacks on other members - NONE! We can be respectful even in disagreement. If you're talking about the person rather than the issue, then the post will be deleted.
Once again in the last few days post have been deleted for personal attacks. If the attacks continue then you are subject to being banned.

JimT77450
Posts in topic: 5

Post by JimT77450 »

3-02-13 Class completed
3-04-13 Paperwork sent Certified mail
3-07-13 Paperwork delivered and return receipt signed

4-21-13 status changed to "Background check under review".
NRA Benefactor Life Member
TSRA Benefactor Life Member
GOA Life Member

Macappletex
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Macappletex »

I have a quick question. Sent all my documentation in on March 15th. Online appliation complete awaiting documentation. I cannot remember the following but you are able to pay online when you submit your online application, correct? I see people on here saying their checks have cleared! Seems like I paid online! Like I said it has been awhile! :confused5

ddeatley
Posts in topic: 7

Post by ddeatley »

Hi guys,

Another March Applicant. Actually filled out the application on-line in December, did the classroom & Prints on February 22 and Range on March 25. Mailed the packet in on March 26. I know it is early, so I am sitting and waiting, and waiting...
Judging from the other posts, I am a couple weeks out from seeing a status change. Seems to be about 6 - 7 weeks from date it was mailed.

ND5T
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ND5T »

Macappletex wrote:I have a quick question. Sent all my documentation in on March 15th. Online appliation complete awaiting documentation. I cannot remember the following but you are able to pay online when you submit your online application, correct? I see people on here saying their checks have cleared! Seems like I paid online! Like I said it has been awhile! :confused5
Yes you could have paid on line
Ron / ND5T
3/03/13 - CHL Class
3/07/13 - Documents received in Austin (Certified Mail)
Then the wait………………..
4/12/13 - Status Changed to Application received,

St1cky
Posts in topic: 12

Post by St1cky »

Was there a personal attack that I missed? Haven't been in since fri or sat. I do see that my last post was deleted but it wasn't a personal attack so just wondering.

BTW still waiting on status change. Mailed mar 8th. I see that some more march apps have been processed. Awesome!

830mel21
Posts in topic: 22

Post by 830mel21 »

2 /7 online app
2/15 fingerprints & photos
3/16 chl class
3/19 mailbox
4/22 writing this, man alive the humanity! :grumble
Glock 32 .357
Taurus millennium pt111 G2 9mm

St1cky
Posts in topic: 12

Post by St1cky »

What I want to know is if there is an alternative to the wally walk. I friggin hate wal mart. Never go there.

830mel21
Posts in topic: 22

Post by 830mel21 »

St1cky wrote:What I want to know is if there is an alternative to the wally walk. I friggin hate wal mart. Never go there.
I would say Target but you might be inclined to aim at the target while entering Target. :fire :nono:
Glock 32 .357
Taurus millennium pt111 G2 9mm

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”