March applicants

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

indigenousnomad
Posts in topic: 3

Re: March applicants

Post by indigenousnomad »

Hello all. This is my first post to the forum. I completed the online application, fingerprints and photos in early March, my CHL class on March 9th and had everything in the mail March the 11th. Still no change on the website, but I now have my Texas DL number memorized. ;-)
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."
- Arthur Schopenhauer.

Gunner4640
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Gunner4640 »

Welcome to the forum.This is the best forum on the internet, you can find any information on just about everything.
Congrats on getting it all completed. I mailed my package on the same day you did 3-11-13 I am still wating on the update to happen
I saw some other posts where people mailed the first week of march and they are now under background review . So it should be this week for us I hope. :banghead:
Good Luck
Dave
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

Falcon16'97
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Falcon16'97 »

For those on a similar timeline I have an update the my previous post:

2/10 - Application Completed
2/21 - Fingerprinting Completed
3/2 - CHL Course Completed
3/4 - Packet Mailed
4/13 - Application FINALLY showing accepted

41 days from mailing (I live in Austin) to showing up on the website as accepted. All that's left is Background Pending and CHL Manufacturing!

Now I can stop my neurotic behavior of checking the status 10 times a day at least for a few weeks :shock:

P.S. my wife has the same timeline and her status changed yesterday too.

thep33t
Posts in topic: 1

Post by thep33t »

2-17 - Application Completed
2-17 - CHL Course Completed
2-25 - Fingerprinting Completed
2-27 - Packet Mailed
3-4 - Application arrived (via certified)
4-15 - Website updated. Awaiting background check

brhalltx
Posts in topic: 4

Post by brhalltx »

I uploaded my renewal documents on 3/14/13, and received an odd email today. Has anyone else received something like this? I replied, but don't expect a reply soon...

Email (much more general information left out):

Due to the high volume of Concealed Handgun License (CHL) inquiries, we were unable to provide a response as intended. We gave it our best shot to provide a detailed answer for your request. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the delay. You may have already reached out to a Customer Service Representative or received a satisfactory resolution. Additional CHL program information can be found below for assistance with checking your application status, access to forms, frequently asked questions and CHL laws and codes. If this does not answer your question, please reply to this email and let us know where we can help.

brhalltx

Post by brhalltx »

brhalltx wrote:I uploaded my renewal documents on 3/14/13, and received an odd email today. Has anyone else received something like this? I replied, but don't expect a reply soon...
And, I did receive a reply:

Thank you for using the Regulatory Services Division's website.

We have received your documents and they have been forwarded to our processing department. Please allow 2-3 weeks to be updated by the department.

For security reasons, please do not respond to this email. Should you need further assistance, please return to our web page at Contact Us<https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/contact/default.aspx> to securely submit additional inquiries. To help us better serve you please copy and paste any previous messages into the new message.

Bandit19D
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Bandit19D »

brhalltx wrote:
brhalltx wrote:I uploaded my renewal documents on 3/14/13, and received an odd email today. Has anyone else received something like this? I replied, but don't expect a reply soon...
And, I did receive a reply:

Thank you for using the Regulatory Services Division's website.

We have received your documents and they have been forwarded to our processing department. Please allow 2-3 weeks to be updated by the department.

For security reasons, please do not respond to this email. Should you need further assistance, please return to our web page at Contact Us<https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/contact/default.aspx> to securely submit additional inquiries. To help us better serve you please copy and paste any previous messages into the new message.
I uploaded all online March 21st. Got both off those Emails this morning.

jsk

Post by jsk »

I only got the "Please allow 2-3 weeks... " email today. I uploaded documents via the contact form on 3/6, website still shows "waiting" status for my application.

Topic author
txkn33
Posts in topic: 16

Post by txkn33 »

day 35 and no word yet :banghead: :totap:
Last edited by txkn33 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 24

Post by nightmare69 »

txkn33 wrote:day 42 and no word yet :banghead: :totap:

Im on day 47 and have yet to be entered into the system, DPS received my app and packet Feb 28th.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

falcon1970
Posts in topic: 1

Post by falcon1970 »

From what I see here, the website phrase "Application processed online. Concealed Handgun Licensing is waiting on the receipt of required materials" doesn't really mean that USPS has not yet delivered my package mailed on 4 MAR, it just means that DPS hasn't yet opened the package and entered it into the system. Or does it mean that they HAVE opened my package and want more information?

jayinsat

Post by jayinsat »

falcon1970 wrote:From what I see here, the website phrase "Application processed online. Concealed Handgun Licensing is waiting on the receipt of required materials" doesn't really mean that USPS has not yet delivered my package mailed on 4 MAR, it just means that DPS hasn't yet opened the package and entered it into the system. Or does it mean that they HAVE opened my package and want more information?
You were right with the first part.

I believe this is DPS' way of insuring that you are person who is patient and longsuffering, not someone who will go off half-cocked (all pun intended) and do something crazy with a firearm. :biggrinjester:

Welcome to the waiting room. :banghead: :mad5 :cryin :bigmouth :waiting:
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

agwrestler

Post by agwrestler »

:coolgleamA:

Mailed packet USPS certified return recipt: March 1

Updated to under background review: April 16

Topic author
txkn33
Posts in topic: 16