DPS is currently inputting mid Feb.

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Fingerman
Posts in topic: 13

DPS is currently inputting mid Feb.

Post by Fingerman »

Here's the results of my call to DPS:

1. They are 6 weeks behind and currently inputting mid-February documents.
2. Once Online app, electronic fingerprints and your documents are entered into the system the estimate is 60 days from that date to issue. (I'm sure "60 days" is a standard answer)
3. Any delay, ie: additional information/documents needed, at this point may add another 6 weeks once they receive the documents.

DPS signed for my documents February 28....... guess I'll go search for ammo a little longer.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: DPS is currently inputting mid Feb.

Post by powerboatr »

oh crap

my re-qual chl 100 just went out today

hopefully they like me and get new one out before to long
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

rockinar

Post by rockinar »

I mailed 2/16. Website still showing "Waiting on required materials".

jaybeau
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jaybeau »

Is DPS open tomorrow (Good Friday)?

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 16

Post by nightmare69 »

DPS gets in no hurry to process your app but they waste no time cashing your check. My friend who mailed all his stuff in said it took 2.5 months to get his letter to go get his finger prints done.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

DPS' current average turnaround time is 30-34 days. I was on a conference call with DPS yesterday and this was one of the items covered. Also, the statutory 60 days begins when they receive a full application packet, not when it's entered into the system.

Chas.

arawli
Posts in topic: 3

Post by arawli »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:DPS' current average turnaround time is 30-34 days. I was on a conference call with DPS yesterday and this was one of the items covered. Also, the statutory 60 days begins when they receive a full application packet, not when it's entered into the system.

Chas.
Thanks Chas, great insight. There are a lot of us on here who wish we could be a fly on the wall during those types of conversations.
So, just to clarify, by "turnaround time" do they mean the time to go from receiving the full packet (all materials) until they mail out the license, or is that the time only up until they give the green light to manufacture/mail it out out? Small difference maybe, but you know how we're all dying for info...any info. Thanks again. :read:
2/8 Online Apply--2/12 Packet Mailed
3/14 Packet Received--Background Check Start
4/6 Background Check Complete--4/18 CHL Received!
65 days mailbox "Out" to mailbox "In"

Topic author
Fingerman

Post by Fingerman »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:DPS' current average turnaround time is 30-34 days. I was on a conference call with DPS yesterday and this was one of the items covered. Also, the statutory 60 days begins when they receive a full application packet, not when it's entered into the system.

Chas.
Thanks Charles. I do not doubt your information and was merely passing along what the young lady told me about the 60 days. My question is what happens if your application isn't processed in 60 days?

Lesson learned..... Information you receive from someone at DPS is not always factual.

Natesac
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Natesac »

USPS website says they received my packet 2/28 also. My online status still says awaiting documents.

I'll race ya!!!
Springfield XDm 9mmC
Crossbreed super tuck

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Chas.

We shall see cause its been 1 month since they received my app and all other docs.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Topic author
Fingerman

Post by Fingerman »

Natesac wrote:USPS website says they received my packet 2/28 also. My online status still says awaiting documents.

I'll race ya!!!
Ok.... Winner gets to buy the loser a box of 9mm ammo.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

nightmare69 wrote:

Chas.

We shall see cause its been 1 month since they received my app and all other docs.
I said average turnaround time, not specifically yours. :lol:

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Fingerman wrote:

Chas.
My question is what happens if your application isn't processed in 60 days?
I would call to see if there's a problem. Obviously, there are some that fall outside both the 30-34 day average and some that are outside 60 days, but the 60 day situation is rare.

Folks also need to remember that the 60 day period begins when DPS has a full application packet, so if anything is missing or if additional information is required, the 60 day period hasn't begun.

Chas.

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I said average turnaround time, not specifically yours. :lol:

Chas.

Admin trolling, hahaha

I did the mail in app with all other docs and it was delivered to DPS on 2/28. The $140 check I mailed in with packet cleared my bank on 3/19. Just checked my status on their website and still getting the *error no info found* message.

My friend who did the mail in app finally got his letter from DPS to have his finger prints done last week, took 2.5 months to get said letter, I hope it doesn't take that long for them to send me my letter.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

arawli wrote:So, just to clarify, by "turnaround time" do they mean the time to go from receiving the full packet (all materials) until they mail out the license, or is that the time only up until they give the green light to manufacture/mail it out out? Small difference maybe, but you know how we're all dying for info...any info. Thanks again. :read:
I'm not sure; that wasn't clarified during the conversation. Manufacturing isn't done by CHL division personnel so it's out of their control.

Chas.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”