NOT A VIRGIN ANYMORE

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
mlsa
Posts in topic: 1

NOT A VIRGIN ANYMORE

Post by mlsa »

No, not that kind of virgin....I did my Wally Walk today. Got my CHL yesterday. After church today needed to go to Wally World...yea right....I still had my suit on for church so figured the coat would be a good cover for first time. Changed belts to make sure I had my holster belt on....put on my Black Hawk Serpa with handgun and went to Wally World. Walked around and finally bought some printer paper. Forgot I was carrying...the only time I remembered was when I pulled my billfold out and my jacket uncovered my holster from the front but quickly covered it back up.

Then went to B&N...bought a couple of magazines...guy at counter noticed one of the magazines was home defense and commented on the light that was attached to the shotgun so we talked lights and guns for a few minutes.

Then went to HEB and bought some groceries and then back home. All in all a good day to carry. I'll have to practice the concealment part more with plain clothes...I have another holster ordered so hopefully it will help conceal better than the Black Hawk Serpa although I do love that holster.

David

ALCSTUDIOS

Re: NOT A VIRGIN ANYMORE

Post by ALCSTUDIOS »

Congrats on your first day.. I'm still in BG check but the wait should be over soon
NRA,GOA,TFC TSRA & SAF member

paustin

Post by paustin »

mlsa wrote:No, not that kind of virgin....I did my Wally Walk today. Got my CHL yesterday. After church today needed to go to Wally World...yea right....I still had my suit on for church so figured the coat would be a good cover for first time. Changed belts to make sure I had my holster belt on....put on my Black Hawk Serpa with handgun and went to Wally World. Walked around and finally bought some printer paper. Forgot I was carrying...the only time I remembered was when I pulled my billfold out and my jacket uncovered my holster from the front but quickly covered it back up.

Then went to B&N...bought a couple of magazines...guy at counter noticed one of the magazines was home defense and commented on the light that was attached to the shotgun so we talked lights and guns for a few minutes.

Then went to HEB and bought some groceries and then back home. All in all a good day to carry. I'll have to practice the concealment part more with plain clothes...I have another holster ordered so hopefully it will help conceal better than the Black Hawk Serpa although I do love that holster.

David
:anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
______
Sig Sauer 226, 229
Glock 27
Beretta Nano

filmtex
Location: Southwest of Austin generally, Southeast of Dallas occasionally, Israel annually.

Post by filmtex »

Very cool. That sounds like a pretty typical sunday around our house as well. Still waiting on my CHL, but taking it all in in the meantime. Thanks for the info.
"Come and take it."

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”