Feb apps delayed?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
blackgold
Posts in topic: 3

Feb apps delayed?

Post by blackgold »

I just got off the phone with DPS. They said they are extremely backlogged now and my app that was submitted 2 weeks ago is probably another couple of weeks away from being seen. She implied they are still working on January apps.
Brian

matthewk
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Feb apps delayed?

Post by matthewk »

This is not unreasonable. In January, the time for the first update after submitting the application via postal mail was 3+ weeks.

Topic author
blackgold

Post by blackgold »

It looked like a few people were posting things were a little faster than they thought. I'm not complaining, just posting this up for other feb app submitters.
Brian

Hickree

Post by Hickree »

Good to know. I mailed mine on Feb 4 and it still shows up as waiting for additional information.

TREKFAN

Post by TREKFAN »

Sent mine in January's 16 and had first update on February 1st. Back ground under review completed on February 15 I believe, it was last Saturday. Now manufacturing. Both updates on Saturday morning.
Application, Fingerprints & CHL class done by 1-12-13
All documents mailed USPS 1-16-13
All Documents Received, background check under review 2-1-13
Background check complete 2/15

Topic author
blackgold

Post by blackgold »

Trekfan, it is a few posts like yours that made things seem like they were speeding up that compelled me to share what I heard. hickree, let's see who updates first!
Brian

AggieLB

Post by AggieLB »

I submitted my documents via priority mail 1/15 and didn't get my first update till 1/28. I am still in background review. It is so hard to be patient but from what I understand they are moving faster now than they used to.
CHL Class - 1/12/13
Online Application Submitted - 1/13/13
Mailed Docs- 1/15/13
Fingerprints - 1/16/13
Documents Received - 1/28/13
Background check in progress - 2/1/13
Background Check Complete - 2/21/13
Manufacturing - 2/22/13
Mailed - 2/24/13
Received - 3/1/13
45 days mailbox to mailbox

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

It's my understanding DPS is getting around 15,000 applications a month now and that's more than double their staffing level. In spite of this, they're still turning out CHL's in just a little over 30 days. I'm not saying they can keep up that turnaround time, but they're doing a great job.

Based upon what instructors are telling me, I'm not at all surprised at the volume of new applications.

Chas.

Av8rtx

Post by Av8rtx »

AggieLB wrote:I submitted my documents via priority mail 1/15 and didn't get my first update till 1/28. I am still in background review. It is so hard to be patient but from what I understand they are moving faster now than they used to.
You got an update in 8 days! That's pretty good I think. seems most, including mine took three weeks for the first update.

The_Busy_Mom

Post by The_Busy_Mom »

It as been 5 1/2 weeks since I initially uploaded my documents to the DPS website. I did everything online. DPS shows receiving them on 1/18, and then printing them off on 1/21. I have yet to have ANY status change online. It still says application processed online; waiting on receipt of required materials. I am truly becoming worried. I have no background problems, never involved with the law, etc. so there is no reason that I would be missing anything. I have spent hours on the phone with DPS, and they told me once that my application must have ended up with someone who wasn't as fast a typist!! I nearly fell out of my chair. I know they are busy, but this is really weird. My husband's status (he submitted his online just two minutes before I did) changed more than 2 weeks ago. And he had paperwork issues. :rules: They keep telling me it should be any time now. Grrr..... :banghead:
Texas CHL Instructor / NRA Certified Instructor
Final Shot Armory - Specializing in Firearms Sales & Transfers, NFA Sales
$20 Transfers for Current TX CHL Holders, Military, Teachers, LEO / $25 Everyone else
http://www.FinalShotUS.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sundance
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sundance »

I'm not seeing any real pattern. I think it just depends on who picks up what and when. Seems random.

maddenjc

Post by maddenjc »

It does seem really random--at least from what I've been seeing.

I snail-mailed on 1/25 and as of today I'm already at the "Manufacturing Pending" stage!!! --Less than a month!!!
SIG P226 (IDPA) + Glock 26 (EDC)
CHL Since 3/2013 (35 Days Mailbox-to-Mailbox)

sundance
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sundance »

maddenjc wrote:It does seem really random--at least from what I've been seeing.

I snail-mailed on 1/25 and as of today I'm already at the "Manufacturing Pending" stage!!! --Less than a month!!!
Hopefully i'm not far behind, I mailed mine on 1/23 and was received on 1/25, under review on 2/11. :txflag:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”