And the waiting officially begins....

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
NTEXChallengerCHL
Posts in topic: 19

Re: And the waiting officially begins....

Post by NTEXChallengerCHL »

I'm hoping mine will update in a few days. If it at least said, " Hey we got your stuff" I wouldn't be so worried about it. But time will tell I guess. I called DPS last week and got a very rude rep on the phone who told me to call back after 4 weeks has passed since I mailed it.I guess between lack of communication throughout this part of the process and poor customer service when I called in, it just frustatrates me to no end. However then I remember that is a state agency, and should I really expect great things from them? Oh well...day 26 and counting. I'm so ready for my Wally Walk!! :coolgleamA: :drool: :lol::
Proud 8th Generation Texan
Glock 26
40 days mailbox to mailbox

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

I'm not entirely sure, but over the past five years I have been with a host of IT staffing firms who've secured a series of contracts for me lasting between four months and one year as well as six month stint where I was a self-employed, 1099 contractor. Consequently, for the last five years I'm showing about five different employers, two of which have California addresses. I'm wondering if this is throwing a monkey wrench into the works. I had thought it might. But that still doesn't explain the lack of a status update.

Aggiesrok
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Aggiesrok »

My status changed to mailed about a week ago. How long does it take for it to actually get in the mail? I'm afraid it sitting in the mail room waiting for bulk mail. I'm only 1 1/2 hours from Austn.

switch365
Posts in topic: 6

Post by switch365 »

We can celebrate together! This is you
RoadRunnerTR21 wrote:I mailed my documents on 12/10 and have checked the site once a day. Today (1/8) they finally updated my profile and said background check: Under review. Progress! :txflag:
and
switch365 wrote:Looks like you still have time to wait, my friend. I applied before you and it still says waiting for materials.

12/9 Class
12/10 Packet Mailed
12/11 Packet Delivered to DPS and Fingerprints Taken

That's 4 weeks without a status change. Part of me wouldn't mind paying more to hire more staff so I can get it done faster.

This is me... good news! It's now pending BG review! Here's the updated timeline:

12/09 Class
12/10 Packet Mailed
01/08 BG Under Review

Topic author
NTEXChallengerCHL

That makes me feel better. I have high hopes for an update before the weeks end. WOOT :cheers2: :anamatedbanana
Glock 26

Topic author
NTEXChallengerCHL

Called DPS first thing this morning. My application and fingerprints have been received. AND my background check has cleared!! :thewave :txflag: I am now waiting on data entry to enter into the system so my updates will show and once it is input into the system it should go straight to maunfacturing!!! WOOT getting closer!!! :woohoo
Glock 26

Topic author
NTEXChallengerCHL

RoadRunnerTR21 wrote:Congrats! Have they updated your online status or is that what they are talking about as far as entering the data?

Status online still says waiting to receive documents. So I'm guessing that is part of the data entry process, that and then getting in a database for the LEO's. I'm glad there is progress even i can't see any online yet.
Glock 26

switch365
Posts in topic: 6

Post by switch365 »

I have a new update. I guess you're trailing me, NTEXChallengerCHL, step for step.

12/09 Class
12/10 Packet Mailed
01/08 BG Under Review
01/11 Manufacturing Pending

Awesome. I checked it today on the 12th and the status had updated. I assume it was changed yesterday. Also, I understand the time between BG review and manufacturing was very close. I assume that's because the work had already been done earlier in time, but the status had taken time to update, as you stated:
NTEXChallengerCHL wrote:Called DPS first thing this morning. My application and fingerprints have been received. AND my background check has cleared!! :thewave :txflag: I am now waiting on data entry to enter into the system so my updates will show and once it is input into the system it should go straight to maunfacturing!!! WOOT getting closer!!! :woohoo

Topic author
NTEXChallengerCHL

UPDATE!!!

Data Entry fianlly got me in. Not sure why it says under review since it's already cleared(according to DPS CSR), but oh well, I'm just happy to see movement!

12/08/12 : CHL Class Completed
12/14/12 : Online Application Completed
12/14/12 : Packet sent to DPS
12/18/12 : Fingerprints Completed
01/12/12 : Background check : Under Review
Glock 26

BigHatNoCows
Posts in topic: 4

Post by BigHatNoCows »

Here is my UPDATED timeline so far...

Online Application: 11/26/12
CHL CLass/Fingerprints: 11/30/12
Submitted Documents: 12/03/12
Received by DPS: 12/05/12 (sent return receipt required)
Background Review: 12/31/12 (Under Review)
Manufacturing Pending: 01/13/13

26 days to get a status change from "waiting to receive documents" to "under review".
14 days in background review.
"If a frog had a six shooter the snake wouldn't mess with him." - my brother, 1965.
NRA Member, TSRA Member, DU Member
Proud 5th generation Texan
Citizen USA

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Even though mine still has manufacturing pending, I got a response from an earlier inquiry that I should have it in hand within 5 - 15 days. :txflag:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”