Faxing a CHL application

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cdr78621
Posts in topic: 1

Faxing a CHL application

Post by cdr78621 »

As an immigrant from Dutch descent and a green card holder I was confronted with a very interesting issue.
The DPS does not allow hand delivering of the documentation needed !!!!
Previously I have held a CHL license in Utah where you went to the DPS with your class completion papers, filled out the rest of the paperwork and payed, however not in the great state of Texas.
After calling the DPS they told me to mail in the paperwork, including a copy of a valid drivers license, a copy of my green card (which is not green btw), the signature card, photo's etc.
What more do you need to have your identity stolen.
I told the (really nice and polite) Lady that this was a concern and she told me I could fax the files to the DPS. (wow I liked that)
For the Passport Photo I could write on the paper "Use Drivers License Picture" and that was it. Unfortunately, faxing color scans of a green card and drivers license didn't go over to well so information concerning those needed to be re-submitted. What I didn't know before was, these files can be submitted on the DPS website as JPG graphics. :rolll
Knowing that my BG check is clean (the INS does a lot of this checking) it did wonder me while that was still in question. When they verified the scans of my greencard and driverslicense this also was accepted.
In the mean time I called them twice a week and asked, politely I need to say, for an update.
At this moment the License is in print and I will hopefully receive my second CHL soon.
I hope that my experience might help somebody.
Pst. C.
:clapping:
Update
----------------------
TxDPS Fax : (512) 424-7284

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”