Mr Rick'sTimeline

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Rick-P95
Posts in topic: 3

Mr Rick'sTimeline

Post by Rick-P95 »

1/20 Took the course
1/22 Finished the paperwork and mailed it in

2/20 Big envelope from Austin - not good: I forgot to sign the fingerprint cards. No problem signing, but I'm laid up and can't get to the Post Office.

2/24 I have my wife mail the cards back.

3/6 Call the Office - not there yet
3/9 Call Again. The cards are in
3/10 I get my PIN

I've blown most of my anticipated waiting time on a foolish oversight.

Legally, I can carry on my Florida permit, but my local PD is convinced that I can't. I'll have to get some Chapter and Verse from Austin to try and change their minds. I really don't want to get arrested and charged, even in error.

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Mr Rick'sTimeline

Post by KBCraig »

Bummer about the wait, especially when you inadvertently extended it. :sad:
Rick-P95 wrote:Legally, I can carry on my Florida permit, but my local PD is convinced that I can't.

Oh? What is their basis for this belief? Can they cite a section of Texas Code that says a recognized out-of-state license is invalid if the holder is a Texas resident?

I understand your reluctance to face arrest until the matter is settled. But for grins, I'd push them on the issue.

Kevin

bauerdj

Post by bauerdj »

Seems like an awful lot of Texas officials have their own interpatation of laws. Where they just refuse to follow laws (i.e. Harris Cty DA) they need to be impeached and removed from office. Where their interpatation is an honest error they need to be educated.

Dave B.

Topic author
Rick-P95

Post by Rick-P95 »

I just checked - guess what?

3/26 Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

It happened over the week end. Imagine that.

I must say that I'm impressed with the quick processing time. Less than 3 weeks to get the fingerprint results back from the FBI and the State Troopers is pretty good performance. Additionally, whenever I've had a question by phone or email, I've received prompt and helpful replies.

Kudos to DPS. :txflag:

RKirby

Post by RKirby »

Congratulations!

:cheers2: :party:
"Superior firepower is an invaluable tool when entering into negotiations." - G. Patton

Topic author
Rick-P95

Happy St Plastics Day

Post by Rick-P95 »

3/30 I have my permit.

Thumbs up to the Regulatory Licensing Service. Seventy days since I actually took the course, including the time I took to finish and mail in the application and to recover from failing to sign the fingerprint cards.

Whatever issues they may have had in the past, they have their act together now. I'm impressed with the level of service. :thumbsup:

:txflag:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”