Mailed May 18 still no plastic?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
ldparr21
Posts in topic: 10

Mailed May 18 still no plastic?

Post by ldparr21 »

Hello everyone I am new to the forum but long time reader. After a nearly 100 day wait (confusion about prior charge) my license was finally mailed may 18 but still have not received it. Is there anyone else whose was mailed on the 18th is this long of a wait normal? The wait is killing me :cryin
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.--Edmund Burke

Teamless
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Mailed May 18 still no plastic?

Post by Teamless »

Mailed, while it would be good, if it meant dropped at the Post Office, doesn't always mean that.
it means something to the effect of "Approved, ready for an envelope and stamp and someone will give it to the USPS in 1-5 days"
Sorry about your long wait, at least you know now you are approved and should be carrying shortly
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Topic author
ldparr21

Post by ldparr21 »

True. Thank you for the response
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.--Edmund Burke

rogersinsel
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rogersinsel »

ldparr21 wrote:Hello everyone I am new to the forum but long time reader. After a nearly 100 day wait (confusion about prior charge) my license was finally mailed may 18 but still have not received it. Is there anyone else whose was mailed on the 18th is this long of a wait normal? The wait is killing me :cryin
Right there with you. DPS said mine was 'mailed" May 17th and as of today May 26th.....nothing.

Topic author
ldparr21

Post by ldparr21 »

Just one of those things i guess. Hopefully we will get it tuesday (fingers crossed)

soonerbldr

Post by soonerbldr »

Have faith. Mine went to mailed on May 18th as well and it came today! I looked for it until 5 then went to a party and when we got back my wife checked again and lo and behold it was in the mail box! I thik that the longest wait of the whole process was the time from mailing to receipt.

:cheers2:

Topic author
ldparr21

Post by ldparr21 »

Congrats!!!! I live about 500 miles from austin just hoping for tuesday.

Topic author
ldparr21

Post by ldparr21 »

Im trying to justify the mail transit time by the miles away. :???:

OrangeAnimal

Post by OrangeAnimal »

Mine was mailed on the 22nd and nothing yet. Hopefully I get it before Friday afternoon.

Topic author
ldparr21

Post by ldparr21 »

Still nothing (sigh) :waiting:

rogersinsel

Post by rogersinsel »

I just can't figure how some people report an extermely fast turn around time in the mail, as short as two-three days. :???: I didn't tip enough I guess.

Topic author
ldparr21

Post by ldparr21 »

I can figure it out either lord knows what kind of mailing process they have going ovet there. It makes no sense.

scref

Post by scref »

Mailed does not mean that they put in the mailbox. Mailed means they have started the process for it be mailed.
EDC: S&W M&P Shield
TX CHL: 5/9/12

Topic author
ldparr21

Post by ldparr21 »

Yes i understand that, i've read a couple of folks threads that had theirs mailed on the 18th and already received their plastic. Ive also read that they send them in batches if that was the case we 18ers should of received them within a day or two of each other. So i suppose thats why im confused.

Topic author
ldparr21

Post by ldparr21 »

Mail came late! Plastic!!!! Woot

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”