Day forty six!

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Brettster
Posts in topic: 2

Day forty six!

Post by Brettster »

Called DPS on Friday to check on my status. They said everything looked good, still under background check, said I had 16 days left until it would hit 60 days. So that gives them 2 more weeks until its "late". Don't understand what's taking them so long. I'm starting to get a little worried. Is anybody else still waiting like I am? I mean this long,
Sig carry 1911 Rock Island 2011 Tac.
Mailed 2-21-12
plastic 4-24-12

boba

Re: Day forty six!

Post by boba »

It's hard to say without knowing your history and where you live. Some counties seem to take longer than others.

peppergat

Post by peppergat »

Brettster wrote:Called DPS on Friday to check on my status. They said everything looked good, still under background check, said I had 16 days left until it would hit 60 days. So that gives them 2 more weeks until its "late". Don't understand what's taking them so long. I'm starting to get a little worried. Is anybody else still waiting like I am? I mean this long,

Hang tight , Mine was very similar . It'll be done before You know it .
SA XD .45 Tactical OD green
Ruger LCP
CHL since 4/12/2012

Topic author
Brettster

Post by Brettster »

Thanks,Im trying! Man I sent them everything,I even got a F.B.I. check on my own.Sent in certified copys and all! I guess I forgot the note from my mother!I am in Caldwell county maybe that has something to do with it.I guess I dont have much choice but to keep waiting! :grumble
Sig carry 1911 Rock Island 2011 Tac.
Mailed 2-21-12
plastic 4-24-12

peppergat

Post by peppergat »

I dont know what the difference is between one person's and another 's . I can see it taking extra time if You had moved alot or , changed job's alot or even if You have something in Your past . All things considered , I have a skelton in My closet and , mine actually went pretty fast . A lot of folks have had it worse than Me so , no complaints . I know the waiting does suck though .
SA XD .45 Tactical OD green
Ruger LCP
CHL since 4/12/2012

Superman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Superman »

Bummer...I can't imagine. I'm itching to get mine in the mail and can hardly wait. More time to break in your holster I guess...maybe? Cup is half full? I'm trying ;-)

noosh9057

Post by noosh9057 »

The waiting will not seem that bad when you get the CHL in hand. It will come soon.

Roger
CHL Class 09//28/11
Fingerprints 10/04/11
Mailed 10/04/11
Received. 10/06/11
Background Check : Under review 10/15/11
Background Check : Completed 10/18/11
Manufacturing Pending 10/18/11
Manufacturing 10/19/11
Mailed 10/25/11
PLASTIC 10/28/11
Glock 17 9mm

baconman
Posts in topic: 3

Post by baconman »

It's been 45 days since I mailed my packet in, 33 days in background and finger print review. My girlfriend and I took the class at the same time and she recieved hers in 23 days. I called 2 weeks ago and they said it was on a reviewer desk and they did not need anything else from me. I hope we see some manufacturing status soon.
Hang in there. :banghead:

tomtexan
Posts in topic: 4

Post by tomtexan »

Day 25 for me under background review. It is agonizing. :banghead:
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

pmcdn

Post by pmcdn »

tomtexan wrote:Day 25 for me under background review. It is agonizing. :banghead:
Do you have anything questionable on your record that may cause DPS to dig deeper or whatever?

Just curious.
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

pmcdn wrote:
tomtexan wrote:Day 25 for me under background review. It is agonizing. :banghead:
Do you have anything questionable on your record that may cause DPS to dig deeper or whatever?

Just curious.
I had a couple of brushes with the law back in 1989 and 1995. I sent certified copies of the dispositions of both incidents. I suppose they could dig deeper, but they won't find anything after that. There is nothing else to find.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

baconman

Post by baconman »

I have had two arrests one in 1983 and another that was dismissed in 2004. I sent in certified copies of the disposition of both cases to the DPS.
I guess ill keep waiting maybe tomorrow will be my day?

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

My status went to manufacuring pending as of this morning, April 10. It sure was a relief and nice to see the change.
:woohoo
NRA Life Member

baconman

Post by baconman »

Congratulations tomtexan you mailed yours 5 days aftermine and have now gone passed the hump. Enjoy your plastic soon I'll still be waiting. At least I know there is hope for people in fingerprint review and less than a perfect past. May you enjoy your Wallywalk soon. :patriot:

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

baconman wrote:Congratulations tomtexan you mailed yours 5 days aftermine and have now gone passed the hump. Enjoy your plastic soon I'll still be waiting. At least I know there is hope for people in fingerprint review and less than a perfect past. May you enjoy your Wallywalk soon. :patriot:
Thanks baconman! I was prepared for a longer wait than what I actually experienced during the background check. Some folks have waited longer than me. Hang in there, it will come soon for you.
NRA Life Member

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”