FINALLY in my hand after DPS lost my stuff!!

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
fizteach
Posts in topic: 8

FINALLY in my hand after DPS lost my stuff!!

Post by fizteach »

DPS is not acknowledging that they have received my renewal paperwork even though they have had it since February 29. My status still shows they are waiting on documentation. Wednesday, March 28 it will be 4 weeks. Any thoughts?
Last edited by fizteach on Sun May 13, 2012 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

DocV
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Renewal status not changed 1 month from date package rec

Post by DocV »

I certain understand why you would wonder about that!
What in the world might be missing? :confused5 Fingerprints from L1? Data from some other source?
Did you get USPS tracking on your package? I expect you are probably ok and that the web site has merely not been properly updated. A phone call might, or might not, get you some peace of mind.

kvo45acp
Posts in topic: 3

Post by kvo45acp »

I agree with Doc, a phone call may set your mind at ease some.

:iagree:

MyLittle1911

Post by MyLittle1911 »

Took 3 weeks for mine to change.
"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?" ~ Uncle Ted

Topic author
fizteach

Post by fizteach »

Well, this is pretty discouraging, but DPS lost my stuff. They cannot find it despite the Post Office showing they received it 29 February.

kvo45acp
Posts in topic: 3

Post by kvo45acp »

fizteach wrote:Well, this is pretty discouraging, but DPS lost my stuff. They cannot find it despite the Post Office showing they received it 29 February.
that sucks bad! sorry to hear this!

peppergat

Post by peppergat »

fizteach wrote:Well, this is pretty discouraging, but DPS lost my stuff. They cannot find it despite the Post Office showing they received it 29 February.
That is the ultimate in Suck !! Talk about wasted time waiting ! Really sorry to hear about Your misfortune .
SA XD .45 Tactical OD green
Ruger LCP
CHL since 4/12/2012

MikeInTX

Post by MikeInTX »

Mine is lost too, they should have received it on Feb. 29 but after 2 emails and a phone call yesterday, they say they can't fine mine either. They actually told me on the phone that they don't consider it a problem until 45 days and after that time I should resubmit. They said "You did make a copy of everything didn't you?", I did but I will have to have photos remade and that ain't real easy.
There is a lot of personal info in that packet and I'm really going to be irritated at them if my ID gets stolen because they lost my stuff.

Tbucher1218

Post by Tbucher1218 »

That is awful. How often does this happen? Makes me a little concerned, as I just mailed mine yesterday :confused5
02/27/12 Online App
06/06/12 Plastic in Hand. 71 Days!

Brettster

Post by Brettster »

That really blows! I hope they find your guys stuff!I guess I will stop whining about my four week wait in background check now. :shock:
Sig carry 1911 Rock Island 2011 Tac.
Mailed 2-21-12
plastic 4-24-12

CATX

Post by CATX »

Oh my gosh! That stinks! :banghead: I am so sorry! My status hasn't updated either and according to my delivery confirmation, they've had it for 2 weeks. Sure makes me worry :???:
CHL class & application: 3/03/12
Fingerprints: 3/15/12
Packet mailed 3/15/12
Packed rec'd: 3/17/12
First update/under background review: 3/29/12
BG check complete/manuf. pending: 4/20/12
Manufacturing: 4/21/12
Mailed: 4/24/12
Plastic: 5/3/12!! 50 days mailbox to mailbox

Topic author
fizteach

Post by fizteach »

Well, I misplaced my DD214s :headscratch :confused5 so I sent my service connected disability letter instead. The last line in the letter said discharged under honorable conditions. DPS sent me a form letter with a sticky note stating that since I was discharged with Under honorable conditions I was not eligible as a veteran as my service had to be honorable. The letter said $35.00 or an unaltered DD214 were needed.

Thank goodness my wife found the DD214s, so I sent them in Sunday. I am really irritated I am currently not carrying as my birthday was this past Sunday. What are these people doing in Austin? I wish I knew what they did to my original paper work. :confused5

Kabong30

Post by Kabong30 »

fizteach wrote:discharged with Under honorable conditions I was not eligible as a veteran as my service had to be honorable.
:roll: Sounds like the best and the brightest working those applications in Austin.

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

:lol:

Sorry, I mean... :mad5

My guess is that there is not an IQ test that goes along with that person's job.

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

fizteach wrote:Well, I misplaced my DD214s :headscratch :confused5 so I sent my service connected disability letter instead. The last line in the letter said discharged under honorable conditions. DPS sent me a form letter with a sticky note stating that since I was discharged with Under honorable conditions I was not eligible as a veteran as my service had to be honorable. The letter said $35.00 or an unaltered DD214 were needed.

Thank goodness my wife found the DD214s, so I sent them in Sunday. I am really irritated I am currently not carrying as my birthday was this past Sunday. What are these people doing in Austin? I wish I knew what they did to my original paper work. :confused5
fizteach - I am so sorry for your misfortune, but I have to admit, I laughed out loud when I read that. Please forgive me.

If DPS has ever perused this forum, I hope this is one post they see!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”