October 2011 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

GIJoe
Posts in topic: 18

Re: October 2011 Applications

Post by GIJoe »

uuuuuggggghhhhh 3 more days then it'll be a month for background under review.......
OIF I,II (02-04)Tn Army NG, Det. 1, 267th MP Co, Bulldogs
OEF X (09-10) Tx Army NG, HHC, 136th MP Bn, Spartans, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
31B Military Police (99-Present)

12Dec11 - Plastic in Hand

WSimons
Posts in topic: 10

Post by WSimons »

No worries, GIJoe, I'm at over a month. When I try and email them I just get a canned response saying "Your application isn't overdue until it's been 60 days, please call us at ##########."
Which is all good and well. 'Cept my email states that when I tried calling I spent 20 mins on hold then got hung up on...

TAMU_12
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TAMU_12 »

dang, thats crazy. i'm getting super impatient and mine has been on the BG since monday!!
"Insert inspirational quote here"--by Someone Important

CCW: Ninja Glock

Craig8d8
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Craig8d8 »

Mine was on background check for almost two weeks then it took a week and a half to receive after it showed mailed.
Gen3 Glock 22-gone but kinda missed
Gen4 Glock 27-EDC-DeSantis IWB holster
Sig P238 two tone with rose wood grips

jchamb
Posts in topic: 9

Post by jchamb »

I was really hoping that since mine showed "mailed" on Wednesday that I'd have it by the weekend. No such luck of course. Now I'm hoping to see it on Mon or Tue.

I don't know why I expect mine to arrive so soon, especially with everyone else's long delays in mailing.
Carry guns (only 1 at a time!)
Glock 26
Glock 19
S&W Bodyguard 380
S&W Chief Special
Colt Detective Special
Ruger SP101
NRA Life member

johnson0317
Posts in topic: 11

Post by johnson0317 »

It will be here sometime this week, keep the faith up.

Just a thought. When you get that plastic, you are going to be joyous; a lot of work/money went into getting that! Then you are holding it, and a new sense of responsibility comes over you. Yes, you already understood and felt the heavy mantle of responsibility while you were working on getting it, but this is different. It is a sense that you, legally, may now put on your weapon and venture forth. You, now, have become a more potent sheepdog. You, now, may have to engage in lethal combat. That goes through your mind as you put the card in your wallet, holster up your weapon, get in your car, and start your exploration of a brave new world.

Your carefully crafted philosophy concerning carrying, drawing, using, conflict resolution, and many other things gun-related, will start to undergo a metamorphosis from the chrysalis stage to the mature adult phase of carrying. Once you have that extra weight on, some of the things you thought to be the underpinnings of your beliefs, may change.

You start to become your own expert while maintaining lists of experts and resources you rely on. You may hear something, for the second time, that you agreed with at first...but now understand it no longer fits in with your system. You will come on to this forum and start to post your own, well-informed, crafted from experience, opinions that will carry the weight of a member who is living it daily.

Enjoy your last few days of being able to be rightfully ignorant of some aspects of CHL that you could not actually internalize while waiting for the process to finish.

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Topic author
TheMilkMan
Posts in topic: 17

Post by TheMilkMan »

That is exceptionally wise. It should be a mandatory read for all CHL waiters. I am in the blissful ignorant group now, but I would hope the number of people that get their plastic and just shrug casually and strap up is low.

texaspirate
Posts in topic: 5

Post by texaspirate »

FINAL UPDATE

FRESH UPDATE

An Update: By the way, Now I remember my Drivers License # Too! hahaha

On Line Registration 10/19
Class 10/22
Package Complete and Mailed (with Fast Completed) 10/24
Package Received confirmation 10/25
Status Update.. MAterials Received, Under Review Nov 1
NOV 11TH BACKGROUND COMPLETE... MANUFACTURING!
NOV 14th Mailed
Nov 19th PLASTIC...
Nov 20th.. First Carry .... All day afair, Parks, Grocery... etc... Great First Experience.

jchamb

Post by jchamb »

johnson0317, very well put, and good food for thought.

Texaspirate - Congrats! Now I'm next (I hope)
Glock 26
Glock 19
S&W Bodyguard 380
S&W Chief Special
Colt Detective Special
Ruger SP101
NRA Life member

Laniko
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Laniko »

Hello All,
I thought I'd add my timeline, for data comparison. I have a deferred felony from 1993, which delayed the background screen. I been fingerprinted for federal security clearance, which, I've been told, can also delay the process.
10/18/2011: Mailed packet
10/28/2011: Background Pending
11/18/2011: Background Complete/ Manufacture Pending
11/19/2011: Manufacturing
11/22/2011: Mailed
11/25/2011: License in Hand

jchamb

Post by jchamb »

It's Here! My CHL just came in the mail today! About 28 days from mailing the packet til recieving the license, not bad at all really.
I was hoping to do my first carry this afternoon, but now it's getting to be rush hour (DFW area), it's raining a bit, and storms are on the way. Maybe I'll just wait till the morning.
Glock 26
Glock 19
S&W Bodyguard 380
S&W Chief Special
Colt Detective Special
Ruger SP101
NRA Life member

Topic author
TheMilkMan

Post by TheMilkMan »

I got my plastic today! From how people described the envelope from DPS I expected it to be a nondescript envelope barely held together by a piece of tape. I am on cloud 9. If it wasn't the day before Thanksgiving tomorrow I would consider doing my Wally Walk. Thanks everyone for the support. To all still waiting, your time will come too. 47 days from submission of paperwork to plastic in hand.

:anamatedbanana

Rocstar
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Rocstar »

TheMilkMan wrote:I got my plastic today! From how people described the envelope from DPS I expected it to be a nondescript envelope barely held together by a piece of tape. I am on cloud 9. If it wasn't the day before Thanksgiving tomorrow I would consider doing my Wally Walk. Thanks everyone for the support. To all still waiting, your time will come too. 47 days from submission of paperwork to plastic in hand.

Be brave... Do your Wally Walk on Friday! :lol:

Topic author
TheMilkMan

Post by TheMilkMan »

Rocstar wrote:
TheMilkMan wrote:I got my plastic today! From how people described the envelope from DPS I expected it to be a nondescript envelope barely held together by a piece of tape. I am on cloud 9. If it wasn't the day before Thanksgiving tomorrow I would consider doing my Wally Walk. Thanks everyone for the support. To all still waiting, your time will come too. 47 days from submission of paperwork to plastic in hand.

I thought the purpose was to avoid life threatening situations? ;-)

Rocstar
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Rocstar »

TheMilkMan wrote:
Rocstar wrote:

I thought the purpose was to avoid life threatening situations? ;-)
For me, it would be a good chance to practice deescalating a potentially bad situation as I would most likely want to shoot some of the crazed shoppers. :lol:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”