1 down 1 to go

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
dozerboy
Posts in topic: 4

1 down 1 to go

Post by dozerboy »

Wife got her plastic and her new carry purse yesterday only took 19 days. I guess she can protect me since my finger prints are still under review. :grumble We figured as much would happen since when we bought our handguns she took hers home that day and I had to wait. For the past few days I've been hiding the mail from her telling her she didn't get anything. :mrgreen:
These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 1 down 1 to go

Post by Middle Age Russ »

My wife got hers first as well, but it seems DPS was holding on to mine so I would get the benefit of almost an extra year before needing to renew. A few days after my birthday I got it. In the interim, it is at least good that one of you will be able to carry.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

as long as she carries 2 guns .... yours is the (her) backup for now ... give her the mail :lol:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

texanron

Post by texanron »

You're a braver man than I dozer.
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

dozerboy wrote: For the past few days I've been hiding the mail from her telling her she didn't get anything. :mrgreen:
Ouch, a foolish man and his pleasures are soon parted. Give her the plastic, or risk her getting yours and testing to see how well the shredder works.
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Bulldog1911

Post by Bulldog1911 »

dozerboy wrote: For the past few days I've been hiding the mail from her telling her she didn't get anything. :mrgreen:
And you posted that on the internet!!!! Cat's out of the bag now :nono:
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalms 27:1

paulhailes

Post by paulhailes »

dozerboy wrote:For the past few days I've been hiding the mail from her telling her she didn't get anything. :mrgreen:
That is a dangerous game to play. :leaving

Topic author
dozerboy

Post by dozerboy »

I gave it to her the next day I know she wouldn't be carrying for a few days anyways. She carries every day now and it kind of shocks me. She didn't have much of a interest in her CHL when I first talked about us getting them.

I guess I didn't send them what they needed pertaining to my miss spent youth so I'm getting what they need in order. :banghead:
These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.

Topic author
dozerboy

Post by dozerboy »

Well mine showed up 49 days, but the reason mine took so long was because I didn't send in the right paper work about my juvenile record. My wife doesn't know and I'm not telling so we see how long it take for her to tell.

Well that didn't work too well since she walk in and read my post over my shoulder. "rlol"

Cowboyfan

Post by Cowboyfan »

dozerboy wrote:Well mine showed up 49 days, but the reason mine took so long was because I didn't send in the right paper work about my juvenile record. My wife doesn't know and I'm not telling so we see how long it take for her to tell.

Well that didn't work too well since she walk in and read my post over my shoulder. "rlol"
I didn't know anything from your juvenile years could affect your CHL.
7/15 Arrived at DPS
7/22 Manufacturing Pending
7/23 manufacturing
7/29 Plastic

Topic author
dozerboy

Post by dozerboy »

I'm not sure it would have to be very severe if it would. I think my problem was I was charged as a adult but it was dropped to juvenile.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”