at manufacturing 2+ weeks

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
outwardhound
Posts in topic: 6

at manufacturing 2+ weeks

Post by outwardhound »

I've been stuck in the manufacturing status for 2+ weeks now - :mad5 what gives ?

I can understand background checks being highly variable, but it seems everyones manufacturing should take about the same amount of time. It's just an administrative task at that point and they should print them out in order. Doesn't make sense to me - some people get their plastic mailed a one or two days after going to manufacturing, while others take longer, in some cases (me) much longer :headscratch

Of course I realize overall times are much better now than previously, and I'm still way under the 60 day window, but geez. Guess I'll have to call Monday and ask what's up. For my sanity I hope it comes next week.

Rant off.
The more people I meet in life, the better I like my dog - unknown

AEA
Posts in topic: 1

Re: at manufacturing 2+ weeks

Post by AEA »

Yep, you need to call on Monday. Looks like it has slipped thru the cracks or they mailed it to someone else!

They mailed mine to someone else on the first one! :banghead:
Fortunately, the guy mailed it back to them and I got it about a week & a half later. :tiphat:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

rraider
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rraider »

Maybe they are outsourcing the printing to India or China. :shock:

v-rog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by v-rog »

I feel your pain! :yawn
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

Yarborough
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Yarborough »

My situation/time frame is identical, and I'd really like to know what's going on. I emailed earlier this week and got a form reply stating "10-14 days" for manufacturing. Peculiar.

Let's both call on Monday and reconvene here.

Cowboyfan

Post by Cowboyfan »

WOW, i hope mine doesn't get stuck at manufacturing for 2 weeks.
7/15 Arrived at DPS
7/22 Manufacturing Pending
7/23 manufacturing
7/29 Plastic

Yarborough

Post by Yarborough »

OWH:

I just got off the phone with DPS (I happened to be cooking while on hold and doubt it's coincidence that they finally took my call at the very moment my 15 minute timer rang). They said my CHL was issued today, but the site still shows Manufacturing. I'm in Houston, so my license may very well (not crossing my fingers after the Manufacturing wait) arrive before the site updates.

Of course, I also considered that the very polite lady who gave me this information was just trying to get rid of me :grumble

It's been almost exactly a month since I submitted materials, so I guess we'll find out soon enough . . .

Topic author
outwardhound

Post by outwardhound »

Yarborough wrote:OWH:

...They said my CHL was issued today, but the site still shows Manufacturing. I'm in Houston, so my license may very well (not crossing my fingers after the Manufacturing wait) arrive before the site updates....
I called this afternoon - five minutes before 5. I was told mine went out in the mail today :thumbs2: , and the web site should update soon. The gentlman I spoke to said there was a problem with the printing machinery, but it has been resolved. Soooo, hopefully it will arrive this week as I'm only an hour away from Austin. Be just my luck that the Post Office will catch fire (I believe I read somewhere on this forum that actually happened to some CHLs before).

johnson0317
Posts in topic: 2

Post by johnson0317 »

Cowboyfan wrote:WOW, i hope mine doesn't get stuck at manufacturing for 2 weeks.
There are people getting theirs in the mail at two weeks! Almost not right. I think they should have to put away the envelope for another 45 days before they can open it.

Yeah, right. Mine was open within two seconds of seeing who sent it.
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Cowboyfan

Post by Cowboyfan »

Yarborough wrote:OWH:

I just got off the phone with DPS (I happened to be cooking while on hold and doubt it's coincidence that they finally took my call at the very moment my 15 minute timer rang). They said my CHL was issued today, but the site still shows Manufacturing. I'm in Houston, so my license may very well (not crossing my fingers after the Manufacturing wait) arrive before the site updates.

Of course, I also considered that the very polite lady who gave me this information was just trying to get rid of me :grumble

It's been almost exactly a month since I submitted materials, so I guess we'll find out soon enough . . .
How long was yours in manufacturing for?
7/15 Arrived at DPS
7/23 manufacturing
7/29 Plastic

Yarborough

Post by Yarborough »

How long was yours in manufacturing for?
Fourteen or fifteen business days. Honestly, I expected the whole thing to take about a month--what caught me by the eyelids was that First Update thru Manufacturing took 72-98hrs. I was on-pace to be in the Two Week Club.

I really shouldn't have cracked-wise about the laminator breaking . . . :leaving

Cowboyfan

Post by Cowboyfan »

Well mine has been manufacturing for 3 days now. I guess it will be 14 days like y'all.
7/15 Arrived at DPS
7/23 manufacturing
7/29 Plastic

Topic author
outwardhound

Post by outwardhound »

Yarborough wrote:
I really shouldn't have cracked-wise about the laminator breaking . . . :leaving

ahem, I think you cursed us :totap:

my status still says manufacturing, but supposedly in the mail.... :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

I think I hear my Walther cry everytime I leave the house with it

Topic author
outwardhound

Post by outwardhound »

:grumble still showing manufacturing.....half way through the third week of manufacturing now. I think they're doing a psychological test on me to see if I have sufficient patience.

Cowboyfan

Post by Cowboyfan »

outwardhound wrote::grumble still showing manufacturing.....half way through the third week of manufacturing now. I think they're doing a psychological test on me to see if I have sufficient patience.
Let us know when you get it.
7/15 Arrived at DPS
7/23 manufacturing
7/29 Plastic

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”