February 2011 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 9

Re: February 2011 Applications

Post by 2farnorth »

2farnorth wrote:
reeder05 wrote:
2farnorth wrote:Well, after watching so many in the same time frame go to printing + I finally called them. Talked to Victor. He checked and couldn't see what was hanging up my BG and asked me to hold for a couple of moments. When he came back to the phone he said my BG would go green this afternoon and I would see my license in about 2 weeks. :yawn :totap:
Two weeks?!? Good lord. My BG just cleared last Thursday, and immediately went to manufacturing pending to manufacturing on Friday morning. I sure hope it isn't another two weeks before they get it printed and in the mail!!

2 weeks would be a safe guess on his part. I've seen other people on here that were 5-7 days from mailed to receipt. The 2 weeks also puts me about 5 days over the 60 day timeframe. At least I know there's nothing seriously wrong..... provided that my BG goes green by tomorrow morning. :waiting:

BG went green sometime between 10 pm last night and 6 am this morning. Now manufacturing :txflag:
N5PNZ

djjoshuad
Posts in topic: 11

Post by djjoshuad »

Mine's been "manufacturing" (according to the site) since Tuesday. If they don't drop it in the mail tomorrow, it'll definitely be over 60 days for me.
My EDC
In Truck: Sig P226R .357
On Person: Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II .45 ACP

Slowplay
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Slowplay »

I finally got through to a customer relations agent today (every other time I called I had to hang up to take another call or leave for a meeting). I was told it would be another 7 to 10 days before my license was manufactured, even though my background check had actually be completed. I should see my status update on the website now too, per the agent (it has been at background check under review since April 2).

I have a feeling they are processed in batches - some of us just aren't in the batches that get processed quickly.
NRA Benefactor Member
"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance..."
- John Philpot Curran

reeder05
Posts in topic: 23

Post by reeder05 »

Finally!!!

Mailed packet Feb 14th. Received in Austin the 18th.

Today I am at "mailed"!!!!!
:hurry: :woohoo
Sig 239 in Desantis
Para SlimHawg in TxTucker
S/W Bodyguard in Pocket

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

reeder05 wrote:Finally!!!

Mailed packet Feb 14th. Received in Austin the 18th.

Today I am at "mailed"!!!!!
:hurry: :woohoo

Congrats... Mine hasn't been mailed yet. Think we both got a processor that was a little less effecient than some of the others. No matter what, I'll send them a thankyou email when I get it.
N5PNZ

Slowplay
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Slowplay »

Slowplay wrote:I finally got through to a customer relations agent today (every other time I called I had to hang up to take another call or leave for a meeting). I was told it would be another 7 to 10 days before my license was manufactured, even though my background check had actually be completed. I should see my status update on the website now too, per the agent (it has been at background check under review since April 2).

I have a feeling they are processed in batches - some of us just aren't in the batches that get processed quickly.
Well, still no change in my online status (still on background check under review). I was told on Thursday that I would see my status change to reflect the clearing of my background check status, but it hasn't happened.

Anybody else from a February class still waiting for the status to go to manufacturing or mailed?
NRA Benefactor Member
"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance..."
- John Philpot Curran

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

Slowplay wrote:
Slowplay wrote:I finally got through to a customer relations agent today (every other time I called I had to hang up to take another call or leave for a meeting). I was told it would be another 7 to 10 days before my license was manufactured, even though my background check had actually be completed. I should see my status update on the website now too, per the agent (it has been at background check under review since April 2).

Well, still no change in my online status (still on background check under review). I was told on Thursday that I would see my status change to reflect the clearing of my background check status, but it hasn't happened.

Anybody else from a February class still waiting for the status to go to manufacturing or mailed?

Mine still says manufacturing :grumble :totap:
N5PNZ

nicholass817
Posts in topic: 19

Post by nicholass817 »

Slowplay wrote:

I'm still waiting.
I have to get the district and county clerks in my hometown to send a certified records check from 1995 to now.
I thought this is what the DPS is supposed to do.

Harleyguy

Post by Harleyguy »

So if I understand you correctly; you have to get them to send the information to DPS?
Today is day 60 for me.

nicholass817
Posts in topic: 19

Post by nicholass817 »

Harleyguy wrote:So if I understand you correctly; you have to get them to send the information to DPS?
Today is day 60 for me.
I have to go get a certified records search from both the county clerk(misdemeanor) and the district clerk(felony), and then I mail it to the DPS.
Today is day 60 for me too.
I received a letter saying I needed to do this on Saturday.

Harleyguy

Post by Harleyguy »

Plastic in hand. On my way to Wally World............... :clapping:

reeder05
Posts in topic: 23

Post by reeder05 »

Today after hearing that harleyguy and a few others that went to "mailed" on the 22 like mine, I had to take off early to check the mail.

Behold......................................... Junk mail and bills. Dangit. Watch mine get lost in the mail or something cool like that. :banghead:
Sig 239 in Desantis
Para SlimHawg in TxTucker
S/W Bodyguard in Pocket

cdoug88
Posts in topic: 12

Post by cdoug88 »

reeder05 wrote:Today after hearing that harleyguy and a few others that went to "mailed" on the 22 like mine, I had to take off early to check the mail.

Behold......................................... Junk mail and bills. Dangit. Watch mine get lost in the mail or something cool like that. :banghead:

well i had my hopes up for it being in my mailbox today too....but now im seeing you and another person on here that went mailed on the 22nd not get theirs and im thinking I wont either. Bummer. I have waited 54 days...i guess i can wait one more.
3.01 -PACKET RECIEVED
3.25 - processing! Waiting on BG check & FP.
4.05 - FP approved. Waiting on BG check.
4.20 - Manufacturing
4.22 - Mailed
4.28 - PLASTIC IN HAND

My EDC choices:
Glock 26
Kel Tec PF9

djjoshuad

Post by djjoshuad »

yeah, I was one of the guys who didn't get his plastic today. At least I can still go to the range to relieve the stress of waiting :)
My EDC
In Truck: Sig P226R .357
On Person: Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II .45 ACP

cdoug88
Posts in topic: 12

Post by cdoug88 »

djjoshuad wrote:yeah, I was one of the guys who didn't get his plastic today. At least I can still go to the range to relieve the stress of waiting :)

you are the main reason i am worried. lol my application always updated right when yours did. I am afraid it will copy you on this too.
3.01 -PACKET RECIEVED
3.25 - processing! Waiting on BG check & FP.
4.05 - FP approved. Waiting on BG check.
4.20 - Manufacturing
4.22 - Mailed
4.28 - PLASTIC IN HAND

My EDC choices:
Glock 26
Kel Tec PF9

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”