Discouraging words to hear

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
nat68han
Posts in topic: 3

Discouraging words to hear

Post by nat68han »

After hearing everyone say how long it takes to get your plastic, hoping mine doesnt take more than 60 days. :banghead:

USA1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Discouraging words to hear

Post by USA1 »

Welcome to the forum nat68han.
At least you have this forum to keep you company while you wait. ;-)

Kick your shoes off and enjoy some of the great info here....
...if you're not careful you might run into some humorous stuff too. :mrgreen:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Topic author
nat68han

Post by nat68han »

Registered online and did the photo/fingerprint at L1 2 weeks ago, did my CHL class yesterday. Our instructor was great and very personable. Very good and informative course, didnt even seem like 10 hours. So now the waiting begins. Well at least that gives me a little time to pick out a good carry pistol. God Bless Texas!! :txflag:

Old Chief
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Old Chief »

I got mine in just over a month and have lived in Texas for only 2 years. In Ohio it took 6 months, so TX seems fast.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

USA1 wrote:Welcome to the forum nat68han.

You new folks need to watch out for this USA1 person. Nothing but trouble. :fire

USA1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by USA1 »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
USA1 wrote:Welcome to the forum nat68han.

You new folks need to watch out for this USA1 person. Nothing but trouble. :fire
:rolll
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

pcgizzmo

Post by pcgizzmo »

Got mine in almost exactly a month.

Slowplay

Post by Slowplay »

pcgizzmo wrote:Got mine in almost exactly a month.
Wow, congratulations! I'm over two weeks from sending everything in with no online status update.
At least those of us still waiting have college basketball to keep us distracted. :cheers2:
I hope the folks processing the CHL applications aren't big college basketball fans too. :mrgreen:
NRA Benefactor Member
"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance..."
- John Philpot Curran

djjoshuad

Post by djjoshuad »

I'm also over two weeks from sending it in (mailed 2/28). The website says they are waiting for required materials. I called yesterday and waited on hold for about 15 minutes to talk to someone. She told me that they *had* in fact received the required items, but they were having trouble with their software and needed more time to process the application.

At this point there's really nothing I can do but hurry up and wait... and post here to share my misery with those who know what it's like :)
My EDC
In Truck: Sig P226R .357
On Person: Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II .45 ACP

Slowplay

Post by Slowplay »

djjoshuad wrote:I'm also over two weeks from sending it in (mailed 2/28). The website says they are waiting for required materials. I called yesterday and waited on hold for about 15 minutes to talk to someone. She told me that they *had* in fact received the required items, but they were having trouble with their software and needed more time to process the application.

At this point there's really nothing I can do but hurry up and wait... and post here to share my misery with those who know what it's like :)
Welcome to the "Misery Loves Company..." eh, I mean "Waiting Room." :biggrinjester:
NRA Benefactor Member
"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance..."
- John Philpot Curran

jmoney

Post by jmoney »

they been holding mine, just because i'm not qualified until the 31st of march just because of a stupid incident in highschool, but they aren't even making me re-apply they are just holding it

rrk0818

Post by rrk0818 »

Old Chief wrote:I got mine in just over a month and have lived in Texas for only 2 years. In Ohio it took 6 months, so TX seems fast.

SHHHHH! LOL! you were very lucky! Seriously, it usually takes the full 60 days, but sometime (as in your case) it happens quicker. The people in crime records are really good folks and I know try to process applications in a timely fashion. Alot of times its some other issue that causes the hang up and is not CR themselves.....like the saying goes....A watched pot never boils!

XinTX

Post by XinTX »

Slowplay wrote:
I hope the folks processing the CHL applications aren't big college basketball fans too. :mrgreen:
But I'd wager a lot of them are out with their kids for spring break.
“Public safety is always the first cry of the tyrant.” - Lord Gladstone

Slowplay

Post by Slowplay »

XinTX wrote:
Slowplay wrote:
But I'd wager a lot of them are out with their kids for spring break.
I'm sure you're right, there. Well, with any surge in February applicants (pre-mandatory-L1), spring break mini-vacations and lost productivity related to NCAA basketball (if they're like many of us that follow the games/brackets), those of us waiting should get use to it.. :cryin
NRA Benefactor Member
- John Philpot Curran

Topic author
nat68han

Post by nat68han »

Austin received my certificate of completion on March 16, so now the real waiting begins! I check my CHL status daily, dang Im like a little kid on Christmas Eve!!!!! So I will continue to wait!! :waiting:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”