February 2011 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

reeder05
Posts in topic: 23

Re: February 2011 Applications

Post by reeder05 »

I took class Feb 13, fingerprints sent via FAST, and online application

Mailed packet Feb 14 via certified mail, recieved Feb 18.

My BIL did the class, online app, and sent the same day, from same post office, same time. His status has been updated, and background check complete.

I have yet to get an update online. Still says "they are waiting to recieve the packet, blah blah blah".... This is getting frustrating. :banghead:
Sig 239 in Desantis
Para SlimHawg in TxTucker
S/W Bodyguard in Pocket

Harleyguy
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Harleyguy »

I feel your pain. Haven't received anything either. Sent a couple e-mails got the standard"Keep Waiting" answer from DPS. Very frustrating. You have me by a week. :banghead:

Skaven
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Skaven »

Ok it has been 21 days since DPS received my paperwork. I figured I should just call and check to see if the in fact received it or if there is an error in processing. They are saying that they are currently swamped, and I should expect to wait another 2 weeks for an update to reflect my paperwork status on the website. I still have the we are waiting to receive your information message on the DPS website.

Lemonsc2002
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Lemonsc2002 »

Skaven wrote:Ok it has been 21 days since DPS received my paperwork. I figured I should just call and check to see if the in fact received it or if there is an error in processing. They are saying that they are currently swamped, and I should expect to wait another 2 weeks for an update to reflect my paperwork status on the website. I still have the we are waiting to receive your information message on the DPS website.
From what I keep reading they have been "swamped" since 1995! If that is the case, then get more people. I can't complain at all. Sent mine off on 2/14, and it will be in my mail box when I get home from El Paso. (it said mailed on 3/14) I think I have said this before on this forum, If this s a private company, you would get your CHL in 2-3 weeks! Government, no matter what Government ( Fed, State, or local) runs slow!!
Online App: Can't Remember....
Class: 2/12/11
Mailed: 2/14/11
DPS mailed: 3/15/10
In my mailbox: 3/18/10

reeder05
Posts in topic: 23

Post by reeder05 »

Skaven wrote:Ok it has been 21 days since DPS received my paperwork. I figured I should just call and check to see if the in fact received it or if there is an error in processing. They are saying that they are currently swamped, and I should expect to wait another 2 weeks for an update to reflect my paperwork status on the website. I still have the we are waiting to receive your information message on the DPS website.
Lovely
Sig 239 in Desantis
Para SlimHawg in TxTucker
S/W Bodyguard in Pocket

DFWTT

Post by DFWTT »

Hey all,

First post so here it is;

Class with old school prints 02/11
Certified packet recieved 02/16
Status update 03/07
Patiently awaiting prints and background
29 days so far
:totap:

onecoolpilot
Posts in topic: 4

Post by onecoolpilot »

Mailed :woohoo
Jeff

NavAir
Posts in topic: 2

Post by NavAir »

reeder05 wrote:I took class Feb 13, fingerprints sent via FAST, and online application

Mailed packet Feb 14 via certified mail, recieved Feb 18.

My BIL did the class, online app, and sent the same day, from same post office, same time. His status has been updated, and background check complete.

I have yet to get an update online. Still says "they are waiting to recieve the packet, blah blah blah".... This is getting frustrating. :banghead:
You're not the only one. My wife did her class on February 16, the application was received by DPS on the 22nd. Still does not show up on line. I got mine a few months ago, and it took 30 days from class to plastic in hand...

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jumping Frog »

My certified mail return receipt showed DPS got all my materials on March 7th, but their website tonight still shows waiting for receipt of required materials.

Boy, I get irritated over big non-responsive government bureaucracies. When I got my license in Ohio, they are issued by the County Sheriff who must comply with uniform state standards. The big difference is a County Sheriff is an elected official who still has some accountability to the voting public. Our county sheriff routinely completes the background checks and issues the CHL in one business day.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

tiberiumx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tiberiumx »

Took the class on 1/29, mailed the application on 1/31, and I'm still waiting (that's 47 days).

The two friends I took the class with both received theirs last week in the mail, but mine sill says "Background check: Under Review". Pretty ridiculous considering that there isn't even so much as a traffic ticket in my background.

Lemonsc2002
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Lemonsc2002 »

Got my plastic in the mail on Friday. I did not get back from El Paso till Friday night. But I just got home from going out with it for the first time!!! :anamatedbanana
Online App: Can't Remember....
Class: 2/12/11
Mailed: 2/14/11
DPS mailed: 3/15/10
In my mailbox: 3/18/10

Aecarus
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Aecarus »

2/13/11 Class Taken
2/14/11 Packet sent off
2/16/11 USPS Tracking reports It is in Austin
3/11/11 Website updated as follows:
* Application : Received
* Fingerprints : Complete
* Affidavits : Received
* DL or ID : Valid
* Citizenship : No documentation required
* Passport photo holder : Received
* Photo : Received
* Proof of Classroom training : Received
* Proof of Proficiency training : Received
* Fee : Received
* Background Check : Completed
3/15/11 Updated
* Concealed Handgun License : Mailed
:woohoo :fire
Now to wait on the noble mail man to walk from Austin to Kingwood
3/19/11
*Plastic in hand- Was out of town all week so there is no telling when it actually got here, but I will be doing my Wally walk this evening.
EDIT:
At about 10:30 PM the Wally walk was completed. Very interesting feeling. It seemed like I was so much more aware of everything, gun included.
Last edited by Aecarus on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

NavAir
Posts in topic: 2

Post by NavAir »

28 days from receipt at DPS to Status appearing on website. Wife's fingerprints and background check pending...

Harleyguy

Post by Harleyguy »

21 days from receipt at DPS to Status appearing on website. Shows prints and background check under review. :woohoo

TEXTOYS
Posts in topic: 7

Post by TEXTOYS »

Hello guys and gals

This is my third renewal for my CHL.

1/28/11 Took the renewal class.
1/31/11 Mailed off to DPS.
3/3/11 Finally showed they received my packet ..
3/11/11 Showed that fingerprints and background check underway..

I feel this is entirely to slow for the process.. I haven't even had a speeding ticket since 1981????

My current license expires in 3 weeks....... :mad5 :mad5 :mad5
Last edited by TEXTOYS on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”