96 days and still waiting

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
ruquick77
Posts in topic: 5

96 days and still waiting

Post by ruquick77 »

Hello everyone, it has been 96 days and I still haven't heard anything yet about my chl. How long has everyone else had to wait.

Thanks

EDIT: Sorry posted this in the wrong section, could someone please move to waiting room?

Thanks
Last edited by ruquick77 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 96 days and still waiting

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ruquick77 wrote:Hello everyone, it has been 96 days and I still haven't heard anything yet about my chl. How long has everyone else had to wait.

Thanks
2 questions....

1. have you followed up with DPS to see what's taking so long?

2. If there's no reasonable answer from them, have you tried dropping a line to your state rep's office?

96 days is way too long.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
ruquick77

Post by ruquick77 »

I called them about a month ago and they told me that a "tech" had my file and they was working on it. I called last week and they said that they was going to transfer me to the "tech" working on my file but of course it went to voice mail so I left a message stating who I was and why I was calling and for the to call me back. But I have not heard from them.

BrianSW99

Post by BrianSW99 »

The Governor's office was actually the most responsive for me and a friend of mine when our applications were held up for unknown reasons. It definitely had an impact because DPS started calling *me* to let me know what my status was after that.

Brian

ex_dsmr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ex_dsmr »

Now you become the squeaky wheel.
Everyone has a different story but those of us in the "november waiting room" got ours in around 21days including mailing time to Austin.
Time to light a fire under someones hide.

6stringslanger

Post by 6stringslanger »

Don't tell me that. I mailed mine on 11/15/10 and my status is the same as it's been since I filled out the online app. I figure mine is going to take a little bit longer because of Thanksgiving and Christmas...but hoping it gets here before Christmas. That sure would make it a little merrier!!

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

6stringslanger wrote:Don't tell me that. I mailed mine on 11/15/10 and my status is the same as it's been since I filled out the online app. I figure mine is going to take a little bit longer because of Thanksgiving and Christmas...but hoping it gets here before Christmas. That sure would make it a little merrier!!
Others are getting theirs in a month and you haven't heard anything in three months? It's time that you became a little more assertive and start writing to the Gov, DPS, your state Senator and state Rep. As TAM suggested above, 'start squeaking, wheel'.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Oldgringo wrote:
6stringslanger wrote:Don't tell me that. I mailed mine on 11/15/10 and my status is the same as it's been since I filled out the online app. I figure mine is going to take a little bit longer because of Thanksgiving and Christmas...but hoping it gets here before Christmas. That sure would make it a little merrier!!
Others are getting theirs in a month and you haven't heard anything in three months? It's time that you became a little more assertive and start writing to the Gov, DPS, your state Senator and state Rep. As TAM suggested above, 'start squeaking, wheel'.
Yep. We had to deal with huge delays in late '07 through most of '08, and it took holding the the DPS's feet to the fire to improve their track record. They finally hired a bunch of new workers to process all the apps. If you haven't heard in 96 days from DPS that there is some kind of problem, particularly when others are getting theirs in 20-30 days, then they have simply dropped the ball, repeatedly. I'd call the governor's office if I were you.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
ruquick77

Post by ruquick77 »

Called them again yesterday and I got to talk to the tech working on my file. The only she said was they was waiting on my background to drop. I have no idea what that means but she said that it would take another week or 2 for it to drop. Then she said that they was going to mail me a letter! what the heck?

I was arrested a little over 6yrs ago, was just a misdemandor. I put that in my packet where it asked about that and I paid (i think it was) $10 for a background check to send in with my packet. But the back check did not show I was ever arrested.

I was on hold for 43 mins talked to her for about 10mins and thats all I found out.

I guess I'm going to be denied but I have no I idea why.

BrianSW99

Post by BrianSW99 »

Did you send in a copy of the actual court disposition of the arrest, or just a background check? I think they'll want a document from the court showing what the actual disposition of your case was. That may be what the letter is about, if they're going to ask for documentation of the arrest.

Brian

Topic author
ruquick77

Post by ruquick77 »

BrianSW99 wrote:Did you send in a copy of the actual court disposition of the arrest

Brian
yes I that is what I sent in with all the other paper work. I just couldn't remember what it was called until you posted that.

Topic author
ruquick77

Post by ruquick77 »

Update:

Got my chl in the mail on Monday. Total time was 114 days I guess it could have been worse but at least I got it now.

*off the find a holster

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”