Oct 2010 applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

dumbell2
Posts in topic: 11

Re: Oct 2010 applications

Post by dumbell2 »

Spluloacle wrote:So the easy thing to do is STOP CHECKING IT :smilelol5:
How is that "not checking it" suggestion working out for you? :lol:
10-02-10--CHL class
10-04-10--Application mailed to DPS
10-21-10--Information available Processing app
10-26-10--Fingerprints complete
10-29-10--Resent Photos
11-10-10--Photos Green
not updated--Background complete
not updated--Manufacturing Pending
not updated--Mailed
11-22-10-- Plastic in hand

Spluloacle
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Spluloacle »

dumbell2 wrote:
Spluloacle wrote:So the easy thing to do is STOP CHECKING IT :smilelol5:
How is that "not checking it" suggestion working out for you? :lol:
I check it once or twice a day but usually once. Anymore then that and I have to tell myself that I am crazy. :lol:
~What's this thing you call "Normal"? Is it contagious?! Oh NO!! Don't touch me! I might catch your "Normal"!!~
~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragon. For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.~

HarleyDave
Posts in topic: 32

Post by HarleyDave »

Alright, let's calm down about our wonderful governmental process of waiting? :smilelol5: We need to act like adults! "rlol" I know it's hard waiting on DPS but I'm sure that they are understaffed "rlol" overworked "rlol" like the rest of us :thumbs2: So we need to give they some love and understanding "rlol" just like they provide to us in performing their services "rlol" so let's all relax.

:banghead: Well, the wife just walked in and of course, no mail from them today! :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :banghead:

So, another day to act as a child, ignore all I said about being adult above, it is NOT WORTH IT ! :mad5 :mad5 :mad5

What can you do, YEP THAT'S RIGHT W A I T! :thumbs2:
CHL Class 10/8/10,
LICENSE n Hand 11/12/10
His Firearms - Glock19, Springfield 1911 3", Sig P238, KAHR P380, Bond Arms Snake Slayer
Her Firearms - Glock19, Springfield 9 XD SC, Sig P238 {Liberty}

rinnels69
Posts in topic: 11

Post by rinnels69 »

Status has officially changed (I jumped the gun earlier last week) from manufacturing to
M A I L E D :woohoo

Should be here sometime EARLY next week :thewave

NavyGunner
Posts in topic: 12

Post by NavyGunner »

Well, just as I had suspected earlier, "Mailed" really doesn't mean mailed, it means that the envelope was sent to the mailroom for further handling; my status went to mailed on the 5th and the postmark on the envelope was the 8th! However it really doesn't matter now because I finally have my plastic in hand! :woohoo :woohoo :rolll :rolll :thewave :thewave

HarleyDave and IYAOYAS, hopefully you should be seeing your stuff Friday since Thursday is a holiday for us government employees. It has been great chatting the last week or so but now I must bid the "Waiting Room" farewell, hope to see you all active in the forum.

Happy Veterans Day all.

:patriot: :txflag: :patriot: :txflag: :patriot: :txflag: :patriot: :txflag: :patriot: :txflag: :patriot: :txflag:
US Navy Sept 1982 - Present
Navy Mustang
"Susum Ab Ordo"

dalto
Posts in topic: 7

Post by dalto »

I received mine today!!!!!!!

Processing time was pretty reasonable at 22 days. I dropped it off on 10/19 and went to mailed status on 11/5.

HarleyDave

Post by HarleyDave »

TO NavyGunner and Dalto, congratulations on getting your licenses so soon "rlol" Well, at least i'm glad someone in our group got there's. Now it's time for your Wally walk, keep us non-license holders up to date on how your walks went. Again, glad y'all got your CHL licenses. :txflag: :thumbs2:
CHL Class 10/8/10,
LICENSE n Hand 11/12/10
His Firearms - Glock19, Springfield 1911 3", Sig P238, KAHR P380, Bond Arms Snake Slayer

IYAOYAS
Posts in topic: 19

Post by IYAOYAS »

Dude, what a buzz kill I forgot it was a holiday tomorrow.
10/02/10 - CHL Class Taken
10/04/10 - Package mailed to DPS
10/06/10 - Package received by DPS
10/13/10 - Information put in DPS system
10/22/10 - Fingerprints updated
10/31/10 - Background Check updated
11/06/10 - Plastic mailed
11/12/10 - Plastic in hand

HarleyDave

Post by HarleyDave »

Glad it's Veteran's Day, but bummer the post office is closed, now have to wait until Friday to not get my license again! :mad5 :mad5 :banghead: :banghead: all this as the wife is laughing at me. She is waiting for hers as well but thinks it is so silly with all this aggravation of not getting the license's. She says it will get it when it is suppose to get here. :banghead: so, more frustration :banghead: :banghead:

Oh well, maybe next year! "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
CHL Class 10/8/10,
LICENSE n Hand 11/12/10

NavyGunner

Post by NavyGunner »

I've had CHL's in three other states (Me, Tn, Va (still have)) and never heard of the Wally Walk until I got here so it must be a Tx rites of passage thing, so just to keep with tradition I'll head out to Wally world (only about two minutes from here) with Tx plastic in my wallet and do some shopping. One great thing about shopping at wally world, you can buy food, beer, and ammo in one stop! Later yall. :cheers2:
Navy Mustang
"Susum Ab Ordo"

Topic author
cheezit

Post by cheezit »

well the check was cashed on the first. got it in the mail to day. so 41 days total.
best of luck to the rest of you. :thewave

NavyGunner

Post by NavyGunner »

Fastest CHL I ever received was less than a week in Topsham, Maine in 1985. Went in and filled out a half page app at the Sheriffs Office and gave them $25 bucks, no prints or pictures, no class, no shooting, and they mailed me my paper license a couple of days later. My last Va CHL was just as easy but it cost $50 bucks and took almost a month. My TN CHL took a couple of months and cost right at $150 bucks. Texas by far has one of the better programs as far as I'm concerned, especially the classroom portion of it, and for the license to come in just over a month after applying is pretty good in my book and I won't even mention the fee for the military guys but I will say thank you to Texas for supporting the military the way they do. Happy Veterans Day.

By the way, the ritual Wally Walk went off without a hitch although I had to settle for a Subway sub since there were no nachos! :cheers2:

:patriot: :txflag:
Navy Mustang
"Susum Ab Ordo"

cableguy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cableguy »

HarleyDave wrote:Glad it's Veteran's Day, but bummer the post office is closed, now have to wait until Friday to not get my license again! :mad5 :mad5 :banghead: :banghead: all this as the wife is laughing at me. She is waiting for hers as well but thinks it is so silly with all this aggravation of not getting the license's. She says it will get it when it is suppose to get here. :banghead: so, more frustration :banghead: :banghead:

Oh well, maybe next year! "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
Hey HarleyDave and everyone else waiting for their plastics to arrive just be thankful the the process now a days is going so fast. Some of us weren't so lucky to get them in a month or so, just look at my sig. That should make the your wait seem like a walk in the park. Congratulations to everyone and remember your wait times could of been a like mine. :banghead: "rlol"
5/22 online app.
6/26 chl class
6/28 packet sent certified mail
6/30 packet recieved
7/24 online update
8/03 F.P. complete
08/14 resent new photos
08/24 photos green(received)
9/17 Still waiting
10/20 Background Check Complete
10/26 MAILED!!!!
10/29 PIH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HarleyDave

Post by HarleyDave »

Cableguy, :thumbs2: you're right we are more fortunate that the process seems to have quickened. Still doesn't make it any easier to wait, just sayin! "rlol"

NavyGunner to you congrats on your ritual Wally walk but I think you could have done better on the dinner to celebrate then to you THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY, I SALUTE YOU AND THANK YOU :patriot:
CHL Class 10/8/10,
LICENSE n Hand 11/12/10

jamisjockey

Post by jamisjockey »

How long does it take to mail something from Austin to Houston? :banghead:

:rolll

Seriously, you know whats sad?

DPS vs. DMV
Presuming I get my my permit by next week, it will have taken DPS 5 weeks to process paperwork, conduct two background checks, and deliver my CHL.
It took the Texas DMV 7 weeks to get me my driver's license when I moved here.
"rlol"

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”