May 2010 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

dthlss1
Posts in topic: 22

Re: May 2010 Applications

Post by dthlss1 »

I applied for a US Passport the same day DPS received my packet. That was by coincidence; I had no idea that DPS had received my packet yet. Anyhow, I had been putting off getting a passport for the longest time and finally the prospect of getting stationed in Europe (my wife is in the Army) came up and I know it takes a really long time to get a passport so I thought I'd just go ahead and get that taken care of.

Well, I checked my CHL status today and, it hasn't changed. Fingerprints are still under review and the background investigation is still under review. I checked the status of my passport application on the State Department's website and my passport has been issued and is on it's way to me. They even provided me with a tracking number.

Is the federal government really moving faster than Texas state government? :shock:

Just thought I'd share that with y'all. :tiphat:
05/03/10 - Mailed Packet to DPS. Certified Mail.
05/06/10 - Packet delivered by USPS to DPS
05/21/10 - Status available on CHL website
05/30/10 - Fingerprints Accepted
06/05/10 - Background Check: Completed
06/11/10 - Mailed
06/17/10 - Plastic!

knb
Posts in topic: 2

Post by knb »

dthlss1 wrote:Is the federal government really moving faster than Texas state government?
Don't loose sight of the fact that passport applications don't carry anywhere near the background check the CHL does and the passport has no review of fingerprints. I also suspect that the rush for passports that existed a couple of years ago with all of the new requirements has wound down and their volume is leveling off to dropping off versus the CHL applications climbing thanks to Barry ☭bama.
Paper work received: 03/29/10
Plastic in hand:
WIFE'S: 05/01/10 (31 days)
MINE: 05/10/10 (42 days)

HK USP 40 Compact
Beretta 96FS (.40 S&W) w/Crimson Trace Laser
Bersa .380 Thunder
Proud NRA Member

Clutch
Posts in topic: 16

WOOHOO! AN UPDATE

Post by Clutch »

I FINALLY got an update! Albeit it was changed to my fingerprints and and my background check is "under review", but at least I have something to check four or five times per day... :totap:
Life's tough... It's even tougher when your STUPID! -- John Wayne

Topic author
Pufferman

Post by Pufferman »

Plastic mailed as of 5/26/2010 :txflag:

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Pufferman wrote:Plastic mailed as of 5/26/2010
Congrats, so my guess is Plastic in your hand on Tuesday, as it seems to be 5 days from Austin to anywhere right now LOL
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Im officially signing my WIFE in for her application.
While we took our class together, had all of our paperwork done at the same time (before i sent mine in), she just wasn't motivated to get hers turned in.
So finally, I sat her down, got online and made her do the application.
Today she went for her FAST Fingerprints.

No, she has not mailed in the rest of the required documents (CHL 100 or whatever it is and whatever else, but will do that shortly).

Her name (should she ever join this forum) would be something with Jaz in it, (Jazoo, Jazmine, or other's like that)
League City, TX

redlin67
Posts in topic: 6

Post by redlin67 »

Teamless wrote:Im officially signing my WIFE in for her application.
While we took our class together, had all of our paperwork done at the same time (before i sent mine in), she just wasn't motivated to get hers turned in.
So finally, I sat her down, got online and made her do the application.
Today she went for her FAST Fingerprints.

No, she has not mailed in the rest of the required documents (CHL 100 or whatever it is and whatever else, but will do that shortly).

Her name (should she ever join this forum) would be something with Jaz in it, (Jazoo, Jazmine, or other's like that)
Tell her to join in, maybe she can convince my wife to get hers also. I keep trying to get her to the range, but she is always "too busy".
Taurus PT111
Ruger LCP

5/26/10 Plastic

To see what is right and not to do it is want of courage.
Confucius

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

redlin67 wrote:but she is always "too busy".
Mine won't go very often, as she is always "too busy" also.
But when I told her that I wanted to get a gun in the house as well as my CHL, we agreed it was best that she understood how to use it, and when to use it.
So we took our class together.
You might suggest to her that you and her BOTH take the class again, then talk to the instructor, let him/her know that you already have a CHL and are only there for her moral support, so he does not charge you for it (other than maybe range time).
Do you think then she would do it?
League City, TX

dthlss1

Post by dthlss1 »

Do the fingerprints and background check typically come back at the same time? I'm at the point where the update says those two are under review but everything else is good to go. I was just wondering. Thanks!
06/11/10 - Mailed
06/17/10 - Plastic!

KinArlington

Post by KinArlington »

dthlss1 wrote:Do the fingerprints and background check typically come back at the same time? I'm at the point where the update says those two are under review but everything else is good to go. I was just wondering. Thanks!
My fingerprints have been completed for a while, but my background check is still under review. The background check seems to take a lot longer.
4/3/10 Online app & payment
4/11/10 Class
4/19/10 PIN rec'd
4/20/10 Mailed cards
4/22/10 DPS rec'd
5/8/10 In DPS system online
5/16/10 B Check : Under review/CHL: Print pending completion
5/29/10 B Check : Completed/CHL: Manufacturing Pending
6/3/10 Mailed
6/7/10 PLASTIC

KinArlington

Post by KinArlington »

Teamless wrote:
redlin67 wrote:but she is always "too busy".
Mine won't go very often, as she is always "too busy" also.
But when I told her that I wanted to get a gun in the house as well as my CHL, we agreed it was best that she understood how to use it, and when to use it.
So we took our class together.
You might suggest to her that you and her BOTH take the class again, then talk to the instructor, let him/her know that you already have a CHL and are only there for her moral support, so he does not charge you for it (other than maybe range time).
Do you think then she would do it?
My husband and I took the class together, and I'm glad he was there. I think it's a great idea if you go to the class with her, or at least the range portion. There was a guy there when we were taking our class who had his CHL already and was just supporting his wife. He didn't stay for the whole class, but was there for half an hour or so in the morning, then we went to the range and he was with her for that. They went to lunch together and then he didn't come back. That worked well for them and would have satisfied me as well. I hope she does it! :cheers2:
4/3/10 Online app & payment
4/11/10 Class
4/19/10 PIN rec'd
4/20/10 Mailed cards
4/22/10 DPS rec'd
5/8/10 In DPS system online
5/16/10 B Check : Under review/CHL: Print pending completion
5/29/10 B Check : Completed/CHL: Manufacturing Pending
6/3/10 Mailed
6/7/10 PLASTIC

budroux2w

Post by budroux2w »

Alright. I'm pulling up a seat in the waiting room. Got printed today and sending the paper work in tomorrow. I did the post may 1 online application so we'll see if that speeds anything up at all.
NRA Life Member

dthlss1

Post by dthlss1 »

Fingerprints have been accepted! This update happened somewhere between midnight last night and about 10:00 this morning. Weird that it occurred on a Sunday and over a holiday weekend, but I'm not complaining!

06/11/10 - Mailed
06/17/10 - Plastic!

Grungir79
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Grungir79 »

dthlss1 wrote:Fingerprints have been accepted! This update happened somewhere between midnight last night and about 10:00 this morning. Weird that it occurred on a Sunday and over a holiday weekend, but I'm not complaining!
That's good news! I mailed mine in a week before you and I'm still stuck where I was weeks ago. :totap:
- Jon
2/28/09 Class
4/26/10 Paper work mailed
4/28/10 App received
5/15/10 Processing Application/Fingerprints/Background Check
6/03/10 Fingerprints : Completed
6/08/10 Background Check : Completed
6/11/10 Concealed Handgun License : Mailed
6/16/10 Plastic
Wait time: 51 Days (No issues or sendbacks)

alpmc
Posts in topic: 18

Post by alpmc »

On May 26th, I received a dreaded "delay" letter claiming that the notary was invalid on the affidavits. It was embossed and not inked!!!!! Out of 23 folks in our CCL class only 5 of us had our apps declined due to this notary mistake (all in that class were embossed notaries).......the rest went through! Whats up with that?????? Seems to me the standards are not the same across the board!

Also, when I check the status online.........the passport photo holder is not checked off. Is it going to come back again!? The completion of our packages was done entirely by our instruction staff. I was told that they were in order. My best friend, whom I sat next to in the class, completed our apps together side by side with the instructor, mailed his app 3 days after mine is in "print pending application review". I don't get it.

I corrected the notary problem and re-sent on May 26th..................still waiting.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”