March 2010 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

texjames
Posts in topic: 7

Re: March 2010 Applications

Post by texjames »

Teamless wrote:Thanks All! :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo
So you got yours today to? Cool...Me to....So exciting ain't it. :clapping:
USAF 71-91 retired
CHL #3 04/10

texjames

Post by texjames »

Quahog wrote:
texjames wrote: Plastic Today April 28, 2010... I guess it was completed for a while...I only check once a week not everyday. Yeah!
Now to figure my first walk. :anamatedbanana
FaNTAStiC texjames :fire :anamatedbanana :biggrinjester:
Thanks...You got yours today too...Wow! Cool!!! :tiphat:
USAF 71-91 retired
CHL #3 04/10

txhome
Posts in topic: 3

Post by txhome »

Still waiting on Plastic

2/27/10 CHL Class
3/5/10 Mail Application
3/12/10 Checked cashed
3/24/10 Incomplete App
3/24/10 Mailed DD214
4/5/10 Application Processing
4/24/10 Application Complete!

Teamless
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Teamless »

txhome wrote:Still waiting on Plastic
Well, Quahog and I were approved on April 23, and got plastic today, so you should have it tomorrow, all things being equal
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SQLGeek »

Well what a dramatic thread this has been. Teamless, try not to speed too much when driving home today. :lol:

I can't wait to close on our house so I can get this process started.
Psalm 91:2

silverbear
Posts in topic: 12

Post by silverbear »

Quahog wrote:Teamless and Quahog got their plastic!!!!!!!!!

:patriot: :biggrinjester: :rolll :fire :txflag: :thewave
Way to go guys! :woohoo
I support the right to arm bears.

HighHandicap
Posts in topic: 49

Post by HighHandicap »

So, I've been a total pest to DPS today. We've traded several emails and I've tried to gain some insight into the system. One of the questions I asked was if we're all wasting our time stalking the DPS website for status updates. Do they do batch updates or just when is the status changed.

The answer was that the DPS website status updates 24-48 hours after a status change. So even if I was approved today, my status may not change until Friday. Interesting, isn't it?

Quahog
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Quahog »

[quote="HighHandicap"The answer was that the DPS website status updates 24-48 hours after a status change. So even if I was approved today, my status may not change until Friday. Interesting, isn't it?[/quote]

That makes sense since my status on "processing" occurred in the wee hours on a weekend and I am pretty sure no one at DPS was really working. :mrgreen:
"America needs God more than God needs America. If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." -- Ronald Reagan

NRA - TSRA - PSC - CHL

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Quahog wrote:my status may not change until Friday. Interesting, isn't it?[
While that may be true, it does seem that most people who posted when it changed from Processing to Approved, it was still 3 days (or more) until the plastic showed up, so theoretically, I guess you could say, from approval to door, is about 5-6 days, which gives them 2 days after approval to create the license and get the envelope ready to be mailed, 1 day for the mail to be dropped at the PO, and 3 days (or more) for mail delivery.

Or, if you were on the good side of that, you may get your license the same day, or next day after a status change.
League City, TX

texjames

Post by texjames »

Teamless wrote:
Quahog wrote:my status may not change until Friday. Interesting, isn't it?[
While that may be true, it does seem that most people who posted when it changed from Processing to Approved, it was still 3 days (or more) until the plastic showed up, so theoretically, I guess you could say, from approval to door, is about 5-6 days, which gives them 2 days after approval to create the license and get the envelope ready to be mailed, 1 day for the mail to be dropped at the PO, and 3 days (or more) for mail delivery.

Or, if you were on the good side of that, you may get your license the same day, or next day after a status change.
I just thought of it and looked at the envelope and its post marked 04/26/2010 and arrived today 04/28/2010...
But i really don't know when it changed from processing to approved as i had not been checking it like some of you do.
USAF 71-91 retired
CHL #3 04/10

Ldy AlliDu

Post by Ldy AlliDu »

Teamless wrote:Thanks All! :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo
Congrats! It is sooooo nice to see that signature change ;-)

SecedeTX
Posts in topic: 34

Post by SecedeTX »

I am just getting home from a REALLY long day at work. I was thinking throughout the day that we had to have some plastic today.

At long last, congrats to Teamless and Quahog. We expect a dual Wally-walk report back!!

Also, congrats to Texjames.

Geez, it feels like college graduation....the CHL graduation class of March 2010! Cheers guys. I am toasting you with a nice glass of Shiraz. :cheers2:

I have a pic of my Wally walk outfit, but still need to figure out how to post it. Hope I am not too old to learn
"Do or Do Not, there is no try" -- Yoda

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Wally, ok not Wally, but Kroger / Barnes & Noble / Hibachi Dinner walk report:
My wife was with me at all 3 locations, but when i asked her (very privately) to watch me once in a while she was like, whatever. I am sure she did, every so often, but did not say a word. I did catch myself a couple of times, getting ready to check and said to myself to leave it alone, its OK. and it was.
I wasn't nervous at all, surprisingly, but that has to do with everyone's responses on the many many threads that I have read, commented on or started. This forum is a HUGE Wealth of knowledge and experience. It really helps!

I did, when trying to get my wallet out, catch my finger on the Crossbreeds clip on my belt, and thought it was my magazine sticking out, so felt it and realized what it was.

All in all, a great (un)Wally-Walk!

Thanks Everyone!! :anamatedbanana :patriot: :txflag: :tiphat:
League City, TX

AddyLO
Posts in topic: 37

Post by AddyLO »

Sounds like a good first outing! Thanks for posting it.

I've only been carrying for 10 days and already feel odd when I don't have it on me.

SecedeTX
Posts in topic: 34

Post by SecedeTX »

Awesome Non-wally-walk. I am glad that I do not have the only wife rolling her eyes at me. Once we get the ladies used to us carrying, we could possibly get them into the next CFL class. I think if the women get together, they might actually go through with it. The wife has her own gun but needs more estrogen encourgament!!!

Congrats again on the plastic. I went to Kroger again tonight and it was not even a second thought. I feel more normal now that I have 16 oz on my hip than I did before I was legal to carry it. Kind of anti-climatic, but cool anyways.

I really need to teach the kids to stop saying "Are you carrying your gun" when I see them after school. We really need to come up with some kind of code word. It is new to them and they are kinda focused on it at the moment.

Any code word ideas for a 5 and 9 year old for the CC firearm?
"Do or Do Not, there is no try" -- Yoda

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”