Jan 2010 applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

rpecunia
Posts in topic: 48

Re: Jan 2010 applications

Post by rpecunia »

jeepdriver54 - CONGRATS - 24 days !!!

sinton - updated you in the stats - almost there !!!

me - checked with DPS today and learned that my background finally came back and that the file was with a technician - an extra step required to check something - thinking it through, perhaps that i've been back and forth from the US/UK about 12 times in the last year using my passport, might have put up a red flag - otherwise i'm clean...

thoughts anybody ?!

Beretta, Diamondback, Glock, Kahr, Remington, Ruger, Springfield, Smith & Wesson, Taurus, Walther

Rye956
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Rye956 »

I emailed DPS today to check the status of my application and also to check if I am not missing anything. I received an email stating that license is being printed and should receive it within 1-2 weeks :woohoo. I check my status online and it says that "application processing" :totap:
08/14/09 Chl class taken.
01/27/10 Mailed packet
01/29/10 DPS received packet
02/04/10 Received Pin Via Email
02/04/10 Processing Application
02/18/10 Application Complete
02/22/10 Plastic In Hand

Sinton
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Sinton »

rpecunia wrote:me - checked with DPS today and learned that my background finally came back and that the file was with a technician - an extra step required to check something - thinking it through, perhaps that i've been back and forth from the US/UK about 12 times in the last year using my passport, might have put up a red flag - otherwise i'm clean...
I don't think that's the case or I would of NEVER gotten approved. I've flown commercial between the US/Dubai, UAE/Kabul, Afghanistan for the last three years as a contractor for the US Army.
1/16/10 CHL Class
1/17/10 CHL Shoot
1/19/10 Mailed package to DPS
1/21/10 Package received by DPS
1/30/10 Pin Received, Processing Application
2/16/10 License Issued
2/20/10 Plastic in hand

MojoTexas
Posts in topic: 24

Post by MojoTexas »

Rye956 wrote:I emailed DPS today to check the status of my application and also to check if I am not missing anything. I received an email stating that license is being printed and should receive it within 1-2 weeks :woohoo. I check my status online and it says that "application processing" :totap:
I just sent them an email, asking if everything is okay with my application, since I mailed mine just a couple of days after you. *keeping fingers crossed!*

:totap: :txflag:
NRA Life member, TSRA member

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
--Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon, 1942

rpecunia

Post by rpecunia »

Sinton wrote:
rpecunia wrote:me - checked with DPS today and learned that my background finally came back and that the file was with a technician - an extra step required to check something - thinking it through, perhaps that i've been back and forth from the US/UK about 12 times in the last year using my passport, might have put up a red flag - otherwise i'm clean...
I don't think that's the case or I would of NEVER gotten approved. I've flown commercial between the US/Dubai, UAE/Kabul, Afghanistan for the last three years as a contractor for the US Army.
sinton - good to know above, that is some SERIOUS travel - struggling with my "delay" - it is making me shake my head - i've been "delayed" on about half of the firearm purchases i've made over the last few years - sometimes i get in-store / FFL approval on the spot - sometimes the dreaded couple day "delay" - but never denied - used to fly/own a private small aircraft and had gotten my instrument rating years and years ago - thought maybe a civilian pilot's license might also be a red flag (i know it was on my life insurance policy !!!) - but nothing concrete yet - it'll be nice to have the CHL on future purchases though !!!
Beretta, Diamondback, Glock, Kahr, Remington, Ruger, Springfield, Smith & Wesson, Taurus, Walther

Rye956

Post by Rye956 »

MojoTexas wrote:
Rye956 wrote:I emailed DPS today to check the status of my application and also to check if I am not missing anything. I received an email stating that license is being printed and should receive it within 1-2 weeks :woohoo. I check my status online and it says that "application processing" :totap:
I just sent them an email, asking if everything is okay with my application, since I mailed mine just a couple of days after you. *keeping fingers crossed!*

Don't worry. You should be good.... :thumbs2:
01/27/10 Mailed packet
02/22/10 Plastic In Hand

MojoTexas

Post by MojoTexas »

MojoTexas wrote:

Update from DPS: The license is being printed. You should receive the license within 1-2 weeks. :anamatedbanana

YES! Website still says, "Processing Application," but hopefully I should have my plastic in my hand soon!

MojoTexas :txflag:

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

joe817
Posts in topic: 28

Post by joe817 »

MojoTexas wrote:
MojoTexas wrote:
I just sent them an email, asking if everything is okay with my application, since I mailed mine just a couple of days after you. *keeping fingers crossed!* :totap: :txflag:
Update from DPS: The license is being printed. You should receive the license within 1-2 weeks. :anamatedbanana

YES! Website still says, "Processing Application," but hopefully I should have my plastic in my hand soon! MojoTexas :txflag:
Coolo! Congrats to all! When you check the website and see "Application complete. License Issued or Active" you'll know that the license is in the mail to you, and will be only a matter of days when you get it.

Mine changed to "complete" on a Monday, and I received the license 2 days later. :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Rye956

Post by Rye956 »

MojoTexas wrote:
MojoTexas wrote:

YES! Website still says, "Processing Application," but hopefully I should have my plastic in my hand soon!

MojoTexas :txflag:
Cool. :cheers2: Now the wait...... :totap:
01/27/10 Mailed packet
02/22/10 Plastic In Hand

MojoTexas

Post by MojoTexas »

Rye956 wrote:Cool. :cheers2: Now the wait...... :totap:
I know....I think the wait now, knowing it's "done" and being printed, is the hardest part.

PX4 Pirtle
Posts in topic: 25

Post by PX4 Pirtle »

I sent an email this morning to see if there was a problem. Got a reply back that said my photos were too dark and red and a letter was sent on the 4th. :banghead: Now off to make more passport photos and call the CHL trainer that took my picture to say thanks.
PX4 Storm
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

01/16/2010 - Class Taken
01/18/2010 - Mailed Package
03/02/2010 - Application Complete - License Issued
03/04/2010 - Plastic

rpecunia

Post by rpecunia »

PX4 Pirtle wrote:I sent an email this morning to see if there was a problem. Got a reply back that said my photos were too dark and red and a letter was sent on the 4th. :banghead: Now off to make more passport photos and call the CHL trainer that took my picture to say thanks.
urgh - at least you have the issue to work now versus being in limbo...

Ruger74
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Ruger74 »

Ruger74 wrote:I took my CHL class on Jan. 3, 2010. I am still waiting. I check my online status and it says processing application. It has said that for the last 2-3 weeks. I know I have a clean record. What else could the hold up be before my status changes? Austin cashed my check on the Jan. 9, 2010.
Today 2-17-2010 Application completed-license issued or certificate active. Thank you for not allowing me to wait too long.
"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well-prepared to meet an enemy."
-------George Washington

Sasnakra
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Sasnakra »

Great news from Austin... ;-)
Status changed today to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active" :anamatedbanana
Almost there... :txflag:
02/20/10 - TX CHL Received
NRA & TSRA

PX4 Pirtle
Posts in topic: 25

Post by PX4 Pirtle »

Got home and the letter was in the mail with my passport photo was attached. I went to Walgreens and got the new passport photos and will mail them off tomorrow.
PX4 Storm
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

01/16/2010 - Class Taken
01/18/2010 - Mailed Package
03/02/2010 - Application Complete - License Issued
03/04/2010 - Plastic

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”