September 2009 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

USA1
Posts in topic: 63

Re: September 2009 Applications

Post by USA1 »

ExMarlboroMan wrote:Application Completed - license issued or certificate active!!!!!!!

YAY :woohoo :anamatedbanana :thewave :fire
That means its in the mail ! :thumbs2:

Congrats :cheers2:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

joe817
Posts in topic: 62

Post by joe817 »

ExMarlboroMan wrote:Application Completed - license issued or certificate active!!!!!!!

YAY :woohoo :anamatedbanana :thewave :fire
Super congrats EMM!!!! :woohoo :anamatedbanana :thewave

What a GREAT way to start off the new year!! :clapping: :clapping: :thumbs2: :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Tabraea
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Tabraea »

I mailed in my packet with all the required contents and affidavits a couple days after I took my class. Two weeks later, I get a letter in the mail that the office in Austin lost all 4 of the notorized affidavits and claimed one of my signature forms was missing. The people I took my class with checked out my entire packet before I left the classroom so, I know there was nothing missing. It was expensive for me to download the new forms and find someone to notorize them so I could send them all back in. My only advice is to make sure you check and double check the contents and completion of your forms. After I sent the forms they claimed were missing I got my CHL 3 weeks later. I'm proud to be a Texas Concealed Handgun Licensee!! :hurry: :anamatedbanana

81aggie
Posts in topic: 22

Post by 81aggie »

Congratulations Tabraea :cheers2:

Unfortunately when DPS says something is missing or wrong with your application you have no choice but to resubmit. Kind of like dealing with the IRS, it's up to you to make things right no matter which side is at fault. Glad things went OK for you though!

joe817

Post by joe817 »

HI Tabraea, welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us! :tiphat:

And super congrats on getting the plastic! :thumbs2: :thumbs2:
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

ES4Me
Posts in topic: 44

Post by ES4Me »

ExMarlboroMan wrote:Well I got good news this morning, A call back, NOT from the DPS!

I was informed that my license was approved today and being sent to the "printers"!!! With the holidays and all it may take 2-3 weeks to receive it in the mail. Online status hasn't changed yet on the dps website, But I will update when it does!

Made my day for sure!

:woohoo
WHAT?? What is this?? I dare go out of town and away from my computer for a few days and I find out there is a celebration going on and I am missing it???

CONGRATULATIONS ExMarlboroMan!!!! YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!

:party:
CHL Class - 08/22/09
App Mailed to DPS - 09/16/09
Recv'd by DPS - 09/17/09
Processing App - 11/11/09
Plastic in Hand - 12/26/09

ExMarlboroMan
Posts in topic: 33

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

ES4Me wrote:
ExMarlboroMan wrote:Well I got good news this morning, A call back, NOT from the DPS!

I was informed that my license was approved today and being sent to the "printers"!!! With the holidays and all it may take 2-3 weeks to receive it in the mail. Online status hasn't changed yet on the dps website, But I will update when it does!

Made my day for sure!

:woohoo
WHAT?? What is this?? I dare go out of town and away from my computer for a few days and I find out there is a celebration going on and I am missing it???

CONGRATULATIONS ExMarlboroMan!!!! YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!

:party:
Yep they Finally got off facebook and got it done ;-) Exactly 100 days from the day they received my application to "License issued" status.

Thanks for all the help and support I have received from members of this board! I also have a great new respect for one very awesome Lady who knows how to get the ball rolling at the dps! :tiphat:

I have the tent setup next to the mailbox, coleman stove, laptop and all :lol:
NRA Member
"Don't retreat, just reload!"- Sarah Palin
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

ES4Me

Post by ES4Me »

ExMarlboroMan wrote: I have the tent setup next to the mailbox, coleman stove, laptop and all :lol:
Good for you! Just hope your plastic comes fast. Supposed to be REALLY cold here in a few days. You might need to break out more than the Coleman stove! :shock:
CHL Class - 08/22/09
Recv'd by DPS - 09/17/09

ExMarlboroMan

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

Got home from work early today to pick up the kids from daycare since my wife is going out of town today, Stopped home first and checked the mail box and got a letter from the DPS.

It contained one TXCHL PLASTIC ID CARD!!!!!!! :txflag: :anamatedbanana
NRA Member
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

koolaid
Posts in topic: 2

Post by koolaid »

ExMarlboroMan wrote:Got home from work early today to pick up the kids from daycare since my wife is going out of town today, Stopped home first and checked the mail box and got a letter from the DPS.

Awesome! Too bad you had to jump through so many hoops, but it looks like it paid off.
01/02/2010 - Plastic

joe817

Post by joe817 »

SUPER CONGRATS ExMarlboroMan!!!!! :thewave :woohoo :clapping: :thumbs2:

That was a LONG wait, but worth it!
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

USA1
Posts in topic: 63

Post by USA1 »

ExMarlboroMan wrote: checked the mail box and got a letter from the DPS.

:thumbs2: Its about dern time. :lol:

Congratulations !!! :cheers2:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

81aggie
Posts in topic: 22

Post by 81aggie »

ExMarlboroMan wrote:Got home from work early today to pick up the kids from daycare since my wife is going out of town today, Stopped home first and checked the mail box and got a letter from the DPS.

Congratulations! Told you it wouldn't be 2-3 weeks :clapping:

ES4Me

Post by ES4Me »

YIIIPPEEE!!

You had quite a battle but your persistence paid off! So...where was your first carry????

Oh yea...and can we turn off the September waiting room light yet???
CHL Class - 08/22/09
Recv'd by DPS - 09/17/09

ExMarlboroMan

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

First carry was to Burger King, with the kids. When we got there, I got out out of the truck paying close attention to a Hispanic man with a bicycle who looked very out of place (possibly homeless), as I walked around the truck to the passenger side to get the kiddos out, the man called to me (he either said "gringo" or "amigo" don't know). I ignored him and proceeded to get the kids out. He hollered again and said "can I ask you a question?" I replied NO firmly. He insisted to know what the name of the street was, I said 518, when actually it was 2094 (but my mind wasn't focused on what road it was), he said "that's all i wanted to know, take care of those kids, take care of those kids,blah blah blah" . I kept the kids close and quickly walked inside. I was glad to legally be armed, and glad that the situation was quickly and easily diffused.

The second carry was to work, and everywhere it entailed, Though I did get to Wally World on Saturday, and did a full wally walk. Was ready to buy some 5.56/.223 and 9mm ammo for fun at the range, but the key's to the case where no where to be found. So I had to make a trip to Academy for some ammo as well.

Been carrying 24/7 and it does seem natural MOST of the time. Still I haven't been able to quit pulling my shirt down and it's sometime hard not to instinctively "protect" my tool with my right hand.

OFFICIAL wally walk with pictures coming soon. Gotta get the Misses to go with me and bring the REBEL to snap some pics!

:txflag:
NRA Member

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”