Important info for recent ex-military, active military

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
xtrabullets
Posts in topic: 2

Important info for recent ex-military, active military

Post by xtrabullets »

Just wanted to share my mishap in my application so others dont make the same mistake or if you have you might as well take the necessary steps to fix it. I sent in my packet a couple of days ago and while it should be 'processing' I got a wonderful status message of 'Application incomplete - missing information - detailed letter has been sent.' this morning when I awoke. I immediately called and they told me I was missing my DD 214. ( I was never informed that it was needed, so if you werent either you might as well make a copy and send it in :P) I sent mine in today overnight of course lol, but just wanted to make it known you need to include your DD 214 if you want your packet to go smooth and continue to pay 0 cost instead of the $140 ;). Who knows how much longer it will take for me to get mine now... oh well at least its still free :patriot:

(seems like a given, but I know 3 other fellow military that I took that class with that also made the same mistake :???: )
12/30/09: Took CHL Class
12/30/09: Packet Mailed Priority
1/06/10: 'application incomplete'
1/06/10: document overnighted for 'application incomplete'
1/08/10: Received detailed letter for application incomplete
1/11/10: Processing Application
1/14/10: Application Complete, being printed for mail

USA1

Re: Important info for recent ex-military, active military

Post by USA1 »

I didn't know you are a military person.
Just wanted to say..Thank You for your service to our Great Country . :patriot:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Topic author
xtrabullets

Post by xtrabullets »

Sure am, just recently left 10th mountain 1-71 Cav at Ft. Drum, NY. Man was I glad to finally make it back home after 6 long years, 15 months in Iraq, and a year in Bosnia. I was glad to serve, but oh how I have looked forward to enjoying the civilian life once again lol. I do thank all who still continue to serve, especially the joes who make it all happen ;).
12/30/09: Took CHL Class
12/30/09: Packet Mailed Priority
1/06/10: 'application incomplete'
1/06/10: document overnighted for 'application incomplete'
1/08/10: Received detailed letter for application incomplete
1/11/10: Processing Application
1/14/10: Application Complete, being printed for mail

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Welcome home. :tiphat:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ELB »

xtrabullets wrote:Just wanted to share my mishap in my application ....(seems like a given, but I know 3 other fellow military that I took that class with that also made the same mistake :???: )
It's a shame you and your buddies had to fall into that trap. I don't see any good reason that this is not included on the application form by now --- the reduced fees for active and vets have been in effect for a good long time. In fact, last time I looked (when I renewed) it wasn't even on the website, and that should be an easy update. I knew about it from earlier discussions on this board so got mine in with the package, but really, the DPS should put this info in the application.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”