September 2009 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

seadog
Posts in topic: 23

Re: September 2009 Applications

Post by seadog »

ES4Me wrote:Thanks guys....but I remain cynical. When it shows up in the mailbox, I will believe it. Until then, I am not holding my breath. It could show up tomorrow or Monday, it could not.

When I was talking to my friend earlier, she said she in October and November she was making calls for people who had applied in April and May. I seriously think there is someone or someones at the DPS who are doing an incredibly slipshod job of processing apps. Like I said the other day, there are those in that office who are diligently processing apps and there are those who are too occupied updating their Facebook pages and don't let work interfere with their social lives. Might be a few anti-gunners in there goofing off to deliberately muck up the works as well.
Mail may be a little slow due to the Christmas rush but I'm hopeful you will get it before Christmas. Good luck and congratulations.
Took class -------8/7/09
Sent papers------8/14/09
Return receipt---8/17/09
Check cashed ---8/21/09
Processing -------9/8/09
Complete---------10/15/09
Wally walk--------11/28/09 LOL
NRA member

ES4Me
Posts in topic: 44

Post by ES4Me »

Well...as of 0930 this morning, online status shows "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active". If it shows up in the mail before Friday, I just may start believing in Santa Claus again. :smilelol5:

jsimmons, ExMarlboroMan and anyone else still waiting.....what is your status this morning?
CHL Class - 08/22/09
App Mailed to DPS - 09/16/09
Recv'd by DPS - 09/17/09
Processing App - 11/11/09
Plastic in Hand - 12/26/09

joe817
Posts in topic: 62

Post by joe817 »

Super congrats ES4Me!!! It's in the mail! :clapping: :hurry: :thumbs2: :thumbs2:

Phew! That was an ordeal, but it's all but over. Hope you get it before Christmas.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

USA1
Posts in topic: 63

Post by USA1 »

ES4Me wrote: If it shows up in the mail before Friday, I just may start believing in Santa Claus again. :smilelol5:
Maybe Santa himself will bring it to you...Don't forget to leave the cookies and milk out. :mrgreen:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

81aggie
Posts in topic: 22

Post by 81aggie »

ES4Me congratulations! You've had to exercise a lot of patience but it's paid off. Hope the plastic arrives soon and hope all the remaining Septemberites get good news soon as well.

ExMarlboroMan
Posts in topic: 33

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

ES4Me wrote:Well...as of 0930 this morning, online status shows "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active". If it shows up in the mail before Friday, I just may start believing in Santa Claus again. :smilelol5:

jsimmons, ExMarlboroMan and anyone else still waiting.....what is your status this morning?
That is SWEET! But why would you ever stop believing in Santa Claus? :mrgreen:

For me as of this morning, this afternoon, and tonight....... "Processing Application"
NRA Member
"Don't retreat, just reload!"- Sarah Palin
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

seadog

Post by seadog »

USA1 wrote:
ES4Me wrote: If it shows up in the mail before Friday, I just may start believing in Santa Claus again. :smilelol5:
Maybe Santa himself will bring it to you...Don't forget to leave the cookies and milk out. :mrgreen:
How are you USA1? I haven't heard much from you lately.
Took class -------8/7/09
Sent papers------8/14/09
Return receipt---8/17/09
Check cashed ---8/21/09
Processing -------9/8/09
NRA member

USA1
Posts in topic: 63

Post by USA1 »

seadog wrote:
USA1 wrote:
Howdy seadog ! I'm good . I've been around , you've just been looking in the wrong places . :lol:

Hows the wonderful world of CHL treatin you ? I'm sure by now it has become second nature , I know it has for me.
I sure hope to see you again at the next forum day. Perhaps a friendly competition on the Texas Star ? :txflag:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

ammo two

Post by ammo two »

ES4Me wrote:Well...as of 0930 this morning, online status shows "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active".
Congrats ES4Me!!! :hurry: At least the weather isn't too cold for camping out by that mailbox. :lol::

seadog

Post by seadog »

USA1 wrote:
seadog wrote:
USA1 wrote:
Howdy seadog ! I'm good . I've been around , you've just been looking in the wrong places . :lol:

Hows the wonderful world of CHL treatin you ? I'm sure by now it has become second nature , I know it has for me.
I sure hope to see you again at the next forum day. Perhaps a friendly competition on the Texas Star ? :txflag:
Yes but I have friends in wrong places, Ha Ha

I love it and yes it is becoming second nature. I did buy an LCP for a pocket pistol, which I may use more in the summer but for now my 9 and I have become very close. Dona is using the 380 till we get the handle back for her 9mm Sig P250 sub compact.

I’d be obliged to take you up on a little friendly competition. I will have to be careful though, you may be a ringer… You know, observe one year and kick butt the next.

Good to here from you and Have a Merry Christmas
Took class -------8/7/09
Sent papers------8/14/09
Return receipt---8/17/09
Check cashed ---8/21/09
Processing -------9/8/09
NRA member

ES4Me

Post by ES4Me »

Well...Santa didn't bring me my plastic. It's getting cold outside and since mail won't run tomorrow, I have come in from camping by the mailbox until after Christmas. ;-)

With that said - MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!! Hope everyone gets a special surprise and has a wonderful time with their loved ones.

Hope I did the youtube link below correctly - if I managed to, enjoy!

[youtube]rfQddqu3G7M[/youtube]

EDIT: Messed up the youtube video. So posting the URL instead! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfQddqu3G7M
CHL Class - 08/22/09
Recv'd by DPS - 09/17/09

ExMarlboroMan
Posts in topic: 33

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

ES4Me wrote:Well...Santa didn't bring me my plastic. It's getting cold outside and since mail won't run tomorrow, I have come in from camping by the mailbox until after Christmas. ;-)

With that said - MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!! Hope everyone gets a special surprise and has a wonderful time with their loved ones.

Hope I did the youtube link below correctly - if I managed to, enjoy!

[youtube]rfQddqu3G7M[/youtube]

EDIT: Messed up the youtube video. So posting the URL instead! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfQddqu3G7M
Well maybe you'll have it before the new year! I hope you do!

I called DPS yesterday (wednesday) and they were already closed for the holidays, so I'll try again come monday.

MERRY CHRISTmas!!!
NRA Member
"Don't retreat, just reload!"- Sarah Palin
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

ES4Me

Post by ES4Me »

Ok - my stalking of the mailman officially ended yesterday. Plastic safely ensconced in my purse and working hard to forgive the snarky "well, now you can go around like Billy the Kid" comment from my DH. He just doesn't get it. :confused5

So, now we wait for the good news from ExMarlboroMan and all the other September "patience of Job" sorts!
CHL Class - 08/22/09
Recv'd by DPS - 09/17/09

joe817
Posts in topic: 62

Post by joe817 »

Super congrats ES4Me ! I'm soooo happy for you! It's been a long wait but worth it! :clapping: :thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thewave
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

ES4Me

Post by ES4Me »

joe817 wrote:Super congrats ES4Me ! I'm soooo happy for you! It's been a long wait but worth it! :clapping: :thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thewave

Thanks. I cannot tell you how angering it was to look and see November and December applicants getting their plastic in record time while some of us had to sit and stew.

I still swear there is one person at DPS processing who spends more time updating their Facebook page than processing apps - that would be the person who was charged with mine, ExMarlboroMan's, etc.

Venturing out into the world today for some post Christmas shopping - gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. Hhhmmm...one of them is for WalMart too. :party:
CHL Class - 08/22/09
Recv'd by DPS - 09/17/09

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”