September 2009 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

ES4Me
Posts in topic: 44

Re: September 2009 Applications

Post by ES4Me »

ExMarlboroMan wrote:Wow ES4Me that is SOME luck you have. Maybe they already assigned you the number, and now they think someone else has the same number too, when really it's you? :biggrinjester:

Have you tried calling DPS about this yet?

We laugh....actually I cry....but I am thinking this is EXACTLY what has happened.

From reading your earlier posts, I see where you were the good guy and reported something you probably shouldn't and as a result, it cost you time and $. What is that saying - honesty is its own reward? :headscratch

Anyhow, I was a good girl and reported the usual name I use in business and every day life and the name I use on various financial transactions and contracts. All in the interest of being a good citizen and these folks can't seem to see the first and last name is exactly the same - only difference is the middle initial/name! :grumble

Have emailed a copy to my instructor as the DPS letter says he is the only person who can correct the problem. He says he will contact me tomorrow once he finds out exactly what he has to do to correct their mistakes....yet AGAIN. This should be interesting.........

I have a rabbit to pull out of a hat if this doesn't correct the problem. Will be interesting to see how fast my plastic arrives once I perform that little magic trick. I will give them ten business days to have my plastic in the mail...and then all bets are off.

UPDATE: Hoops jumped through again - TR100 on way BACK to DPS and everything supposed to be fine. We shall see.....
CHL Class - 08/22/09
App Mailed to DPS - 09/16/09
Recv'd by DPS - 09/17/09
Processing App - 11/11/09
Plastic in Hand - 12/26/09

ammo two

Post by ammo two »

es4me, got my fingers crossed for ya. They certainly have you jumping through hoops. Hang in there, it will come.

ammo two

Post by ammo two »

Been a cold couple of days out by the mailbox...maybe tomorrow it will come.

ES4Me

Post by ES4Me »

ammo two wrote:Been a cold couple of days out by the mailbox...maybe tomorrow it will come.

OOhhh.....I hope it does come tomorrow!! It is going to be REALLY cold this weekend! :shock: I don't think your electric blanket will be able to keep up with that. Might necessitate a good campfire.

Hubby's plastic showed up in our mailbox today. Couldn't track his app online because he inadvertently shredded his letter with his pin number. So, no tracking point really for him other than it was all sent two weeks behind mine because of some fingerprint card issues.

I really expected him to be all jazzed that his plastic arrived, that he "beat" me, etc. I figured we would have to tour the town this evening with him in "full regalia". When I called him at his office to tell him I had his card in hand, he simply said "oh". :confused5 But, I am the one who has taken us down this path - was my insistence - perhaps this wasn't as big a deal to him as it is to me?
CHL Class - 08/22/09
Recv'd by DPS - 09/17/09

Chasjr1
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Chasjr1 »

After several emails back and forth with the Texas DPS, I received this in an email this afternoon,

"The license is being printed. You should receive it within 2-3 weeks."

This is encouraging..

Now comes the mailbox wait.

Only thing is, the status on the website has not changed yet.

Topic author
jsimmons
Banned
Posts in topic: 32

Post by jsimmons »

Day #78 for me, and still no change in status...
Took class, paid fees, changed my mind. I want constitutional carry.

LarryH
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LarryH »

Chasjr1 wrote:After several emails back and forth with the Texas DPS, I received this in an email this afternoon,

"The license is being printed. You should receive it within 2-3 weeks."

This is encouraging..

Now comes the mailbox wait.

Only thing is, the status on the website has not changed yet.
The status will not change until the card comes back from the printer and is checked for accuracy. It WILL change when the card is mailed.

ammo two

Post by ammo two »

LarryH wrote: The status will not change until the card comes back from the printer and is checked for accuracy. It WILL change when the card is mailed.
I don't doubt you LarryH, you are probably correct...but it has been 5 business days since my status has changed and still no plastic. I am so close to Austin that when I sent them my packet "certified with return receipt requested" they received it the very next day. I would think sending my CHL without any type of tracking action should get to me just as quickly.

Okay, been inside long enough to get warm and top off my thermos with coffee...heading back out to the mailbox. :lol::

To my remaining September 2009 brothers and sister, hang in there!!!

R_Comstock
Posts in topic: 2

Post by R_Comstock »

Got mine today! :cheers2:
The name's Ross! :)
---
9/20/09 CHL Class
9/21/09 Application mailed
9/23/09 Application received
10/26/09 Letter from DPS: Missing copy of military orders
10/30/09 PIN Received by mail
11/26/09 Application completed
12/03/09 Plastic in hand
Glock 23, Ruger LCP
NRA Life/TSRA Member

R_Comstock

Post by R_Comstock »

ammo two wrote:
LarryH wrote: The status will not change until the card comes back from the printer and is checked for accuracy. It WILL change when the card is mailed.
I don't doubt you LarryH, you are probably correct...but it has been 5 business days since my status has changed and still no plastic. I am so close to Austin that when I sent them my packet "certified with return receipt requested" they received it the very next day. I would think sending my CHL without any type of tracking action should get to me just as quickly.

Okay, been inside long enough to get warm and top off my thermos with coffee...heading back out to the mailbox. :lol::

To my remaining September 2009 brothers and sister, hang in there!!!
Looks like we stayed consistently a few days apart from one another. You should see yours early next week, I imagine.

-Ross
The name's Ross! :)
---
9/20/09 CHL Class
9/21/09 Application mailed
9/23/09 Application received
10/26/09 Letter from DPS: Missing copy of military orders
10/30/09 PIN Received by mail
11/26/09 Application completed
12/03/09 Plastic in hand
Glock 23, Ruger LCP
NRA Life/TSRA Member

redrockx
Posts in topic: 10

Post by redrockx »

[/quote]

The status will not change until the card comes back from the printer and is checked for accuracy. It WILL change when the card is mailed.[/quote]

well, i'm still here too... nothing in the mail yet. But it looks like its taking 7 days from complete to plastic in hand.
(thats Friday... the day after TODAY...!)
so....
we'll see.
heck, i STILL have not found a decent holster for a Beretta PX4 SC. I keep looking, just not finding.

hang in there you last few September Applicants, its all good.
RedrockX
CHL LEGAL
Beretta PX4 SC 9mm w/Viridian C5L
Beretta 92FS
Ruger P89
Howa .308 Sniper Rifle
Colt Sportster AR15
Marlin 60 (twins) .22 plinkers

ammo two

Post by ammo two »

R_Comstock wrote:Got mine today! :cheers2:
Congrats Ross!

ES4Me

Post by ES4Me »

Congrats to those of you who have had nice surprises in your mailbox or on the DPS website.

jsimmons and anyone else still hanging on from September.....we will all have to do a group Wally Walk together in celebration when we finally get out plastic! In defiance...which is the closest Wally World to the DPS processing offices??? :waiting:

Hubby got his plastic the other day and his was sent in weeks after mine. :grumble
CHL Class - 08/22/09
Recv'd by DPS - 09/17/09

ammo two

Post by ammo two »

Plastic in hand!!

I am a happy CHL holder now. Ms AmmoTwo said as she handed me the envelope "It's time for your Wally Walk!". She was quite excited to see that it came today as well.

koolaid

Post by koolaid »

redrockx wrote:
heck, i STILL have not found a decent holster for a Beretta PX4 SC. I keep looking, just not finding.
[/quote]

If you google for Beretta PX4 SC holsters there are a few forum hits on the first page that have links to places that are making holsters.

This thread might be a decent place to start looking if you haven't already seen it.
01/02/2010 - Plastic

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”