September 2009 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

cohiba550
Posts in topic: 5

Re: September 2009 Applications

Post by cohiba550 »

karl wrote:It came in this morning. Just got back from Spectre Firearms with my new M-tac Minotaur... I need a wardrobe change, all my shirts are too small to hide "gun" from my side :shock:

And it's not just newbie worries, it's legitimate, I'll post pictures later. Anyway, WOOHOO! ammotwo hang in there!
Congrats........hoping mine will be in before the Holiday! I also picked up my M-Tac Minotaur from Spectra this past weekend. Great guys there!

karl
Posts in topic: 3

Post by karl »

cohiba550 wrote: Congrats........hoping mine will be in before the Holiday! I also picked up my M-Tac Minotaur from Spectra this past weekend. Great guys there!
Thanks, babysit that mailbox.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

ES4Me
Posts in topic: 44

Post by ES4Me »

Ok......am I the last hold out from September??

ROLL CALL!!

Found out while I was in CA - and let me say I had some interesting experiences out there - that there were further problems with my app. Seems when the good people at the DPS sent my instructor the RIGHT forms this time, they forgot to individually register the form numbers to his instructor number. :mad5 He drove to Austin and personally straightened out the matter with the DPS......

This is just crazy....
CHL Class - 08/22/09
App Mailed to DPS - 09/16/09
Recv'd by DPS - 09/17/09
Processing App - 11/11/09
Plastic in Hand - 12/26/09

Topic author
jsimmons
Banned
Posts in topic: 32

Post by jsimmons »

ES4Me wrote:Ok......am I the last hold out from September??

ROLL CALL!!
I'm still here - waiting...
Took class, paid fees, changed my mind. I want constitutional carry.

ammo two

Post by ammo two »

jsimmons wrote:

ROLL CALL!!
I'm still here - waiting...
I am still here as well.

Chasjr1
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Chasjr1 »

As am I.

I have been inquiring via emails. Last email as of yesterday was the same as Friday. I had a MIP arrest when I was 17 (26 years ago), I self reported (probably not the best idea but oh well), and the email states the application has been sent to a technician to "clear" that arrest. I replied that since a MIP is a Class C Mis., and it happened over 25 years ago, that it was not a disqualifier. The rep stated that she did not know how long it would take the "Technician" to clear this, and that once that is done, the license will be issued. Since the Rep working my emails has been VERY patient and is quick to reply, and I have a good rapport (as can be expected), I try not to pester her too much. Since I won't get this till after thanksgiving, I won't email them back till I get back from vacation.
Last edited by Chasjr1 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

psehorne
Posts in topic: 3

Post by psehorne »

I'm still waiting. See my signature for timeline.
Paul

Springfield XD(M )9
Springfield XDsc9
Kel Tec PF9

09/16/2009: USPS Delivered Application, 11:52 am, AUSTIN
10/09/2009: Received Pin # in the mail, status 'processing application'
12/08/2009: Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
12/14/2009: Plastic in hand

81aggie
Posts in topic: 22

Post by 81aggie »

ROLL CALL!!
Mine is complete but still waiting on plastic. Still camping out at the mailbox.

ES4Me

Post by ES4Me »

81Aggie - it's getting cold outside at night. Be sure to take a blanket with you to the mailbox. :lol:

Well...nice to see I am not alone and remain in good, though frustrated, company. Was just checking my status AGAIN (second time this morning - building up to a 3rd) and had a thought - which hurt because I am blonde.

Because of my employment, I receive very thorough FBI background checks. Also, because I am a woman, there is a bit of a name issue. Driver's license has first, maiden and married name - this is the name I used on my app. For work, I use first, legal middle name, and married last name. I listed this as an "alias" - so 3 names I regularly use are Mary McDonald Smith (DL) and Mary Suzanne Smith (contracts, buying vehicles, etc.) or Mary S. Smith (work) NOTICE: Above names changed to protect the "innocent". Poor Mary Smith if she is mistaken for me.

But I digress.....

My thought is having to run different names (aside from the other issues with forms) is holding up the works. Though my background is incredibly clean and boring - someone still has to run what amounts to three different names. Never mind I have the capacity here in my office to run a fairly thorough background check on anyone who requests the issuance of a gate pass and run multiple names in minutes.

Thoughts??? Thankfully, my real name(s) are not common so chances with me being mistaken for someone else are pretty darn slim.
CHL Class - 08/22/09
Recv'd by DPS - 09/17/09

ammo two

Post by ammo two »

I was thinking mine was cut and dry as well, however, I learned something valuable from this board this past week so now I am just going with the flow. Not quite as anxious as before...but will still make some squeaking noises come day 60 if I haven't heard anything.

So, I learned was that I should expect a delay because of information that I reported and I probably did not need to do so. I reported it anyway, thinking I was being a nice guy. I sent them all the pertinent information and copies of paperwork in regards to an Article 15 that I had received several years ago while on active duty. This Article 15 was appealed to the next higher military authority, and it went in my favor, "wholly set aside" as the term is used.

I expect to see a delay in my application as it will undoubtedly need to be reviewed by a "Technician". Tapping, tap-pity, tap... :waiting:

eugeniuss
Posts in topic: 7

Post by eugeniuss »

received card in the mail today.... nice little thanksgiving present....
CHL class 09/12
FAST fingerprints 09/17
Mailed certified 09/17
Received 09/21
Return Receipt 09/23
Check Cashed 09/24
Received PIN via email 10/13
Processing 10/13
App complete 11/20
Card rec. 11/26

joe817
Posts in topic: 62

Post by joe817 »

Super congrats eugeniuss! :clapping: :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

81aggie

Post by 81aggie »

Congrats eugeniuss! Hope I get the same present in the mail this afternoon.

81aggie

Post by 81aggie »

ES4Me wrote:81Aggie - it's getting cold outside at night. Be sure to take a blanket with you to the mailbox. :lol:
Yes, but I'm tough. Now, just need a long enough extension cord for my electric blanket.

And the foot warmers.

And the hot cocoa machine...

ES4Me

Post by ES4Me »

eugeniuss wrote:received card in the mail today.... nice little thanksgiving present....
NO JOKE! That is a great Thanksgiving present! Congratulations!

One down in the waiting ranks......several more to go! Maybe mine will be here in time for Christmas. :waiting:
CHL Class - 08/22/09
Recv'd by DPS - 09/17/09

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”