"detailed letter has been sent" No letter.

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
GunnerD
Posts in topic: 1

"detailed letter has been sent" No letter.

Post by GunnerD »

I mailed in my completed packet in June. I knew it would be a while, so I didn't really think much about it over the summer. Today, I decided to check my status online at the DPS website. I log in and it tells me:

Application incomplete - missing information - detailed letter has been sent.

I never saw a letter from DPS. Unless it was sent very recently, I suspect it was inadvertently mixed in with some junk mail and my wife discarded it. (We get a lot of junk mail.)

They also say: For assistance in completing the information required, please contact DPS at 1-800-224-5744 or email at chl@txdps.state.tx.us
So I immediately composed a polite email to chl@txdps.state.tx.us explaining that I haven't received the letter and asking them to resend it or let me know what I needed to do in order to complete my application.

Has anyone had this happen? Can I expect a timely response to my email, or does this require a telephone call. I'm not looking forward to spending 45 minutes on hold.

Thanks!

Kevinf2349

Re: "detailed letter has been sent" No letter.

Post by Kevinf2349 »

Call them for sure.

Email is so hit and miss and has no certainty of actually getting answered (I speak from experience).
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

Aladinbama

Post by Aladinbama »

Kevinf2349 wrote:Call them for sure.
Email is so hit and miss and has no certainty of actually getting answered (I speak from experience).
:iagree:
CALL, emails take a while for them to get to (usually). Calling will get the issue at least addressed and maybe resolved - it could even be a non-issue by it being mailed to you last week (hopefully). Just don't leave it to an email unless you don't mind waiting (for who knows how long). Good Luck - :thumbs2:
4/16/2009 Packet Received
9/4/2009 Application Complete - License Issued or Certificate Active
09/09/09 License in Hand
http://www.thegunstockdoctor.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

Aladinbama wrote:
CALL, emails take a while for them to get to (usually). Calling will get the issue at least addressed and maybe resolved - it could even be a non-issue by it being mailed to you last week (hopefully). Just don't leave it to an email unless you don't mind waiting (for who knows how long). Good Luck - :thumbs2:
:iagree: with Aladinbama who said :iagree: with Kevinf2349. :shock: :???:

From what I've seen on the board, email response take from 1 to 2 weeks. Calling is best bet.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

USA1

Post by USA1 »

joe817 wrote:
Aladinbama wrote:
:iagree: with Aladinbama who said :iagree: with Kevinf2349. :shock: :???:

From what I've seen on the board, email response take from 1 to 2 weeks. Calling is best bet.
:iagree: with joe817 who said :iagree: with Aladinbama who said :iagree: with Kevinf2349 :cheers2:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

"rlol" :smilelol5: :lol: :cheers2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Coffeyc

Post by Coffeyc »

I still have not received my detailed letter from July 3rd. They even suposedly re sent it. I go through all my mail, so I know it did not get discarded. I called and found out what they needed and was able to actually fax it to them. now last week it says Certificate Active... so I do not care.

I would call and see if it is something you can fax in. then call the day after and make sure they got it. Remember to ask for a name to send it to.

Hope this helps.
Beretta 96 C .40 S&W
Smith & Wesson 915 9MM
Yes I like my WW2 technology, they go bang every time.

Roan

Post by Roan »

For what its' worth..... I hadn't been checking the site daily for a while, and on 7/17/09 I received an "Incomplete" packet (failed to complete SSN on F/P cards, Doh!). Completed my error and sent it back same day (Priority with Delivery Confirmation). Site didn't show "Processing App" until 7/29/09.

Call. Fax if you can. And.... Hang in there.
04/25/2009: CHL class
05/08/2009: Application sent (via Mail)
05/11/2009: Application arrived @ DPS
06/19/2009: PIN received
07/17/2009: Application incomplete - missing info
07/29/2009: Return to 'Processing Application'
09/03/2009: Application approved
09/09/2009: CHL in hand

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”