May 2009 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

simpleton
Posts in topic: 7

Re: May 2009 Applications

Post by simpleton »

simpleton wrote:Called up DPS on Wendsday, the person that I spoke with said that my app was on hold, but she could not tell me why. She transfered me to the tech who was working on my app. Well, more accuratly, she tranfered me to the tech's voicemail, so I left a message.

I called back today and was told that my app had cleared and my info was being sent to the printer and I should have it in three to 4 weeks. Three to four weeks seems a bit long just, we'll see what happens.

-Simpleton
This morning my online status changed to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active" Now to wait for the mailman.

-Simpleton
Hidalgo County
05/01/09 Mailed App
05/07/09 App entered into system (According to what DPS said when I called for a status update)
05/14/09 check cashed
07/08/09 Recieved my PIN after an email request.
08/26/09 Online status changed to Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

racer_13b
Posts in topic: 6

Post by racer_13b »

simpleton wrote:
simpleton wrote:Called up DPS on Wendsday, the person that I spoke with said that my app was on hold, but she could not tell me why. She transfered me to the tech who was working on my app. Well, more accuratly, she tranfered me to the tech's voicemail, so I left a message.

I called back today and was told that my app had cleared and my info was being sent to the printer and I should have it in three to 4 weeks. Three to four weeks seems a bit long just, we'll see what happens.

-Simpleton
This morning my online status changed to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active" Now to wait for the mailman.

-Simpleton
Congrats! :txflag:
CHL Instructor in Allen.
http://www.getyourtexaschl.com

surewould
Posts in topic: 4

Post by surewould »

OK, it's now official, my Online status has been updated and I expect Plastic today or tomorrow. :hurry: :smilelol5: :thewave
Legal Carry, Here we come . . . Hang in there folks, It's a comin', you'll be next!

Surewould,

M&P 45C
M&P 40C
M&P 9C
M&P 15X
RUGER SR-556
RUGER SR9
RUGER LCP
Surewould - Austin, TX
05/10/2009 - Completed online application
05/16/2009 - CHL class
05/18/2009 - Hand Delivered application to DPS
06/30/2009 - PIN Issued
08/17/2009 - Application Approved
08/26/2009 - Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
08/28/2009 - Plastic in Hand

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 5

Post by der Teufel »

surewould wrote:OK, it's now official, my Online status has been updated and I expect Plastic today or tomorrow. :hurry: :smilelol5: :thewave
Legal Carry, Here we come . . . Hang in there folks, It's a comin', you'll be next!

Surewould - Austin, TX
05/10/2009 - Completed online application
05/16/2009 - CHL class
05/18/2009 - Hand Delivered application to DPS
06/30/2009 - PIN Issued
08/17/2009 - Application Approved
08/26/2009 - Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
xx/xx/2009 - Plastic in Hand

That's particularly good news. :thumbs2: I'm also in the Austin area (Travis County) and I hand-carried my app to DPS the same week, on the 21st.

Congrats, and thanks for the update! (Not that I've been checking my status twice a day or anything ... :biggrinjester: )
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

joe817
Posts in topic: 70

Post by joe817 »

Congrats surewould! It's all over but the shouting. :clapping: :anamatedbanana :woohoo

Just a tad over 3 months....not bad considering!
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

AGENT-X

Post by AGENT-X »

I just got off of the phone with a lady from the DPS CHL department and she said that mine is being printed and that if it was in the next batch to come in from the manufacturer that I should have it in two weeks. I'm not sure what that means but, I'm starting to think they are just telling people this to get them off the phone.
05/09/2009 - CHL class
05/11/2009 - Mailed application to DPS
05/13/2009 - Paperwork Received
06/17/2009 - PIN Received
09/01/2009 - Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
09/03/2009 - Plastic in Hand

J0KER
Posts in topic: 3

Post by J0KER »

I called today and was told everything is back except for the FBI check.... :banghead:
Hmmm... shouldn't they recieve this before the counties?

I'm thinking this is just another excuse from their long list of excuses... :mad5

joe817
Posts in topic: 70

Post by joe817 »

AGENT-X wrote:I just got off of the phone with a lady from the DPS CHL department and she said that mine is being printed and that if it was in the next batch to come in from the manufacturer that I should have it in two weeks. I'm not sure what that means but, I'm starting to think they are just telling people this to get them off the phone.
Well that's certainly encouraging news, don't you think? That's great! Congrats! BTW, what county are you in??? Your signature line doesn't specify. :???:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

retredleg

Post by retredleg »

AGENT-X wrote:I just got off of the phone with a lady from the DPS CHL department and she said that mine is being printed and that if it was in the next batch to come in from the manufacturer that I should have it in two weeks. I'm not sure what that means but, I'm starting to think they are just telling people this to get them off the phone.
I have been told that for at least two weeks now. I called today and the same lady I have talked to the last two times told me that their system was down today and it might be up tomorrow. She told me last week that everything was approved and she was going to hand it over to a "supervisor" to go to print and that I should have it in a week or so. I saw in the April thread that this response was given to one other guy who actually got his in a week. So we'll see, but I'm no longer holding my breath. She also told me today that my "on-line" status would continue to show "Processing Application" even though all is approved and it's gone to print. :confused5 :banghead:

BTW, I'm in Tarrant County and they received my application 5/11/09 - for what it's worth!

GeekwithaGun
Posts in topic: 1

Post by GeekwithaGun »

retredleg wrote:
I have been told that for at least two weeks now. I called today and the same lady I have talked to the last two times told me that their system was down today and it might be up tomorrow. She told me last week that everything was approved and she was going to hand it over to a "supervisor" to go to print and that I should have it in a week or so. I saw in the April thread that this response was given to one other guy who actually got his in a week. So we'll see, but I'm no longer holding my breath. She also told me today that my "on-line" status would continue to show "Processing Application" even though all is approved and it's gone to print. :confused5 :banghead:

BTW, I'm in Tarrant County and they received my application 5/11/09 - for what it's worth!
I called last week (friday) same story, still "Processing Application". Maybe it will change on Friday.. :banghead:
NRA Life Member

arnoldstrong
Posts in topic: 9

Post by arnoldstrong »

simpleton wrote:

-Simpleton

-Simpleton
sweet!!
CHL Class: 08/01/09
Mailed App: 08/03/09
Packet returned: 08/22/09
Packet Re-Mailed: 08/24/09
PIN Received via E-mail: 09/08/09
Processing Application: 09/15/09
Application Completed: 09/24/09
Plastic in hand: 09/28/09

TX CHL Holder
NRA Member
Glock Enthusiast (G-19 G-26)

neiltus
Posts in topic: 6

Post by neiltus »

joe817 wrote:
Well that's certainly encouraging news, don't you think? That's great! Congrats! BTW, what county are you in??? Your signature line doesn't specify. :???:
I have been told this since july 10. I called today and they told me that they have receive my license back from the printer and it was "defective". This it needs to be reprinted and will take approximately 4 more weeks.

All I have to say is I have never seen a bigger group of government idiots. Not even during 4 years in NY.

So, with that I wrote my state reps, also wrote perry and one of the directors of the Public Safety Department. Tomorrow I am going to stop by my reps office and call the Texas GAO and inquire if they have ever audited operations at the DPS CHL unit because there is some serious resource issues that need to be accounted for.
Course 5/2
Mailed packet 5/4
Application Processing 6/10
After reprints and all FINALLY 8/5 Plastic!

RandySr
Posts in topic: 8

Post by RandySr »

I think I will call DPS... what phone number is the best for the most accurate response?

Thanks...

05/02/2009 - CHL class
05/06/2009 - Mailed application to DPS
05/08/2009 - DPS Received
06/19/2009 - PIN Received
08/23/2009 - Email sent to DPS requesting status
XX/XX/2009 - DPS reply:
XX/XX/2009 - Application Approved
XX/XX/2009 - Plastic in Hand
XX/XX/2009 - Wally Walk
TSRA Lifetime Member
Bell County, TX

Firestar M40 .40 S&W
Sig P220 American .45 ACP

hou_txstinger
Posts in topic: 4

Post by hou_txstinger »

Contact your State Rep
02/15/2009 - Completed online application
05/17/2009 - CHL class Completed
05/19/2009 - Complete Application received by DPS
05/20/2009 - Processing Application
08/27/2009 - Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
08/30/2009 - Plastic In Hand

EHS
Posts in topic: 15

Post by EHS »

Contact your reps? "rlol" If your Reps are the same ones I have, good luck!! Heck I can not even get them to responed to me. I have emailed and sent certified letters. I guess they only want to talk to you when they want your vote! By the way I say this with a loose term of represent I am represented by Patrick and Riddle. Thanks for the help reps, not even a phoney I care about you letter, but there is nothing I can do!! I guess we will all be better when we just act like sheeple.

I also wrote the gov., I got some response about sending letter to dps head and wanted follow up with me and gov's office of course no word for weeks. Then when I wrote the gov again no response!! Imagine that!!! Just imagine if I did not pay my taxes how quickly I would get a vistor or a "letter". :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Just loving the system!!!!
READ THE AVATAR

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”