"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

lazypineapple
Posts in topic: 3

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by lazypineapple »

knock knock
can I come in :cheers2: ?

lonewolf
Posts in topic: 9

Post by lonewolf »

Join the crowd. Hey! Someone's elbow is my ribs! :smilelol5: Getting a little crowded in here, isn't it? If everyone waiting for a CHL joined this forum, the servers would probably overload......

karder
Posts in topic: 6

Post by karder »

Thanks for the support guys. I'm in El Paso county. I wish I had found this forum sooner. I kinda feel like a whiner after hearing some of the stories in here. Especially from Jo. I know a lot of people in El Paso are getting licensed. All the violence across the border in Juarez has everyone looking out for trouble. I would think the local Sheriff would be more concerned with the Cartel violence spill over, than sandbagging the concealed carry applicants. Maybe that is not the case, but it feels this way.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

lazypineapple
Posts in topic: 3

Post by lazypineapple »

Oh I see why it's takes so long.
They are too bizzy answering the phone.

Does the elevator come any quicker
pressing the button over and over?

I guess some peeps have alot of free time on their hands.

btaylor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by btaylor »

lazypineapple wrote:Oh I see why it's takes so long.
They are too bizzy answering the phone.

Does the elevator come any quicker
pressing the button over and over?

I guess some peeps have alot of free time on their hands.
I guess the problem with your illustration is that an elevator is physically incapable of moving at a faster pace, which is untrue of dps. Moreover, I do not see the problem with exercising one's right to make a polite phone call. Though, it is pretty easy to just get bitter about the whole process. 116 days and counting...
Last edited by btaylor on Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
04/21/09 App Received By DPS
06/01/09 PIN Received/Processing App
09/01/09 Application Complete
09/05/09 Plastic In Hand

NRA Life Member

joe817
Posts in topic: 57

Post by joe817 »

btaylor wrote:I guess the problem with your illustration is that an elevator is physically incapable of moving at a faster pace, which is untrue of dps. Moreover, I do not see the problem with exercising one's right to make a polite phone call. Though, it is pretty easy to just get bitter about the whole process. 116 days and counting...
Gosh bt, there's nooooo problem at all with calling DPS checking on things. Why I called them twice even before I took the exam...and one time after I took the exam before mailing my packet to them. But be prepared to wait 20 min. on hold before talking to a live person. And do please have a valid question in hand before calling. "rlol"
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

btaylor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by btaylor »

joe817 wrote:
btaylor wrote:I guess the problem with your illustration is that an elevator is physically incapable of moving at a faster pace, which is untrue of dps. Moreover, I do not see the problem with exercising one's right to make a polite phone call. Though, it is pretty easy to just get bitter about the whole process. 116 days and counting...
Gosh bt, there's nooooo problem at all with calling DPS checking on things. Why I called them twice even before I took the exam...and one time after I took the exam before mailing my packet to them. But be prepared to wait 20 min. on hold before talking to a live person. And do please have a valid question in hand before calling. "rlol"
My morning routine now involves calling dps, setting the phone on my desk while I go brew coffee and read the paper, all the while listening to that horrid tune that is now forever stuck inside my head :grumble
04/21/09 App Received By DPS
06/01/09 PIN Received/Processing App
09/01/09 Application Complete
09/05/09 Plastic In Hand

NRA Life Member

{TEX}Hawaii 99
Posts in topic: 7

Post by {TEX}Hawaii 99 »

Okay, so just for kicks I checked my online status this evening and noticed it had changed. Previously, it read processing application. Now is says: "No application or license/certificate active." How the heck is that possible? Anyone have any experience with this?????
15 JUL 09 - CHL Class
16 JUL 09 - Packet Mailed
13 AUG 09 - PIN Received
10 SEP 09 - Plastic In Hand!!!!

joe817

Post by joe817 »

{TEX}Hawaii 99 wrote:Okay, so just for kicks I checked my online status this evening and noticed it had changed. Previously, it read processing application. Now is says: "No application or license/certificate active." How the heck is that possible? Anyone have any experience with this?????
Yes, to me this morning when I checked. It's fairly common. I clicked on the Instructors renewal tab toward the bottom of the page.

Try it again, but click on the top tab, for new licenses.
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Dexdahex
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Dexdahex »

Still waiting... :banghead: I would be in real trouble if I processed anything the way DPS does.. :grumble
"Every Citizen Shall Have The Right To Keep And Bear Arms In The Lawful Defense Of Himself Or The State"

CHL Holder
NRA Member

Fabrique Nationale Herstal (FNH) FN-40

{TEX}Hawaii 99
Posts in topic: 7

Post by {TEX}Hawaii 99 »

joe817 wrote:
{TEX}Hawaii 99 wrote:Okay, so just for kicks I checked my online status this evening and noticed it had changed. Previously, it read processing application. Now is says: "No application or license/certificate active." How the heck is that possible? Anyone have any experience with this?????
Yes, to me this morning when I checked. It's fairly common. I clicked on the Instructors renewal tab toward the bottom of the page.

Try it again, but click on the top tab, for new licenses.

Thanks. I was tired last night and was logging on in the wrong section. Hopefully, I am not the 1st one to do that.... :oops:
15 JUL 09 - CHL Class
16 JUL 09 - Packet Mailed
13 AUG 09 - PIN Received
10 SEP 09 - Plastic In Hand!!!!

joe817

Post by joe817 »

TEX, not at all! USA1 used to do that alllllll the time, :lol: as he'd stay up every night past midnight to check his status. He was under the impression that DPS computers updated at that time.

it's happened to a lot of us.

Sleep deprivation does have a tendency to cause one to push the wrong buttons. :shock:
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

USA1
Posts in topic: 55

Post by USA1 »

joe817 wrote: USA1 used to do that alllllll the time, :lol: as he'd stay up every night past midnight to check his status. He was under the impression that DPS computers updated at that time.
the sad part is i'm still staying up too late every night . :oops:

however , with school getting back into session soon ,
i have to get up with the chickens to get USA1 jr. up and ready for class . :grumble
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

joe817

Post by joe817 »

USA1 wrote:
joe817 wrote: USA1 used to do that alllllll the time, :lol: as he'd stay up every night past midnight to check his status. He was under the impression that DPS computers updated at that time.
the sad part is i'm still staying up too late every night . :oops:

however , with school getting back into session soon ,
i have to get up with the chickens to get USA1 jr. up and ready for class . :grumble
Acckkkkkk! Uhhh....thought you had to make some phone calls! Sorrrryyyyyyyyy. :oops: :oops:

I wuz jus' funnin' wit ya.
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

lonewolf
Posts in topic: 9

Post by lonewolf »

It's all fun and games til someone puts an eye out......... :coolgleamA:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”