June 2009 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

USA1
Posts in topic: 81

Re: June 2009 Applications

Post by USA1 »

neiltus wrote:
I am posting in June due to the "application processing" change on June 10th. I assume that is when my 60 day mark starts. They sat on my app for about 30 days prior to starting to process it.
welcome neiltus ,

the start time is really supposed to be when they receive it , by their definition .
sitting on it for 30 days seems to be normal these days .

hope you dont have to wait too long . :tiphat:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

neiltus
Posts in topic: 8

Post by neiltus »

usa1 wrote:
neiltus wrote:
I am posting in June due to the "application processing" change on June 10th. I assume that is when my 60 day mark starts. They sat on my app for about 30 days prior to starting to process it.
welcome neiltus ,

the start time is really supposed to be when they receive it , by their definition .
sitting on it for 30 days seems to be normal these days .

hope you dont have to wait too long . :tiphat:
Yep, I know that, you know that, and everyone else on this forum knows that...but they don't read this forum...
Course 5/2
Mailed packet 5/4
Application Processing 6/10
After reprints and all FINALLY 8/5 Plastic!

Fotopro
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Fotopro »

I was out of town for a week. I get home and "processing application" still in the window.

I'm sure glad nothing happened while I was away "rlol" because I didn't have the capability to check the site twice a day like I do from home. :banghead:
Crosman 1077
Beretta NEO U22
Taurus PT845
Taurus Millenium Pro 111

neiltus

Post by neiltus »

Fotopro wrote:I was out of town for a week. I get home and "processing application" still in the window.

I'm sure glad nothing happened while I was away "rlol" because I didn't have the capability to check the site twice a day like I do from home. :banghead:
Just curious, what county and when did you send off?
Course 5/2
Mailed packet 5/4

neiltus

Post by neiltus »

So, it appears that DPS is getting caught-up. I could not resist the urge today and called them.

I did notice that they appeared to be installing a new phone system with prompts...I got a LOT of busy signals after 2-3 rings. A couple times I got the prompts but it just hung up on me. This will be fun for the future bunch. Waited an hour later and called again, got through after waiting en queue 7 minutes.

The nice young lady said all of my checks were in and they did not need anything from me (fingerprints, photos, blood, money). I was going for 'final review' then 'printing'. I inquired will this take a 'month or two' and she kinda snickered.

So, good news I guess?
Course 5/2
Mailed packet 5/4

joe817
Posts in topic: 94

Post by joe817 »

Sure sounds like it to me! Rots of ruck!
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

USA1
Posts in topic: 81

Post by USA1 »

neiltus wrote: The nice young lady said all of my checks were in and they did not need anything from me (fingerprints, photos, blood, money). I was going for 'final review' then 'printing'. I inquired will this take a 'month or two' and she kinda snickered.

So, good news I guess?
when i was told that , it was only 4 days later that it switched to app. complete . ;-)
even though they told me to call back in 2 weeks :confused5
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

G23
Posts in topic: 10

Post by G23 »

couldn't pass up this pic for my avatar. This way I can get in a few rounds at the range while i'm on hold with the "D P S ".
Last edited by G23 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
06/02/09 - Paperwork Received
10/13/09-plastic in hand

ezenbrowntown
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ezenbrowntown »

When taking my CHL class, I had a question about my run in's with the law. I asked about a theft charge that was dismissed, not deferred, about 10 years ago. He said not to worry about it. The more I read on this forum, the more nervous I became, so I posted a question about it on another thread in this forum. Long story short, I ended up placing a call to DPS to check on the matter.

Guess it was a good thing I did, because apparently they are requesting new pictures (thanks a lot CVS!) due to poor picture quality. I guess that at least gave me a heads up, as my online status still says "Processing Application", despite the fact they supposedly have already mailed out a letter regarding my pictures. I guess I'll just postponed a little longer. :waiting:
05/30 : CHL Class
06/09 : Packet Mailed
06/19 : Check Cashed
07/18 : Received PIN via email
07/31 : Resubmitted photos
10/6 : Re-resubmitted photos for the 3rd time
11/21: Plastic in Hand

maxpower
Posts in topic: 22

Post by maxpower »

talked to DPS today to find out what information was missing since the detailed letter has not yet arrived - the info that is missing is that I did not list a second home address in my history, just the address where I have been living in Texas since I moved here in 1997....the same with my employer - same for the past 35 years, but that needs to be stated on the back.....what a crock! In my class we were told you did not need to go back further than 10 tears, well apparently that has changed. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I always thought my fingerprints would be kicked back :headscratch

tempter
Posts in topic: 7

Post by tempter »

Max! Oh no!! Now you have me worried... I asked if they needed an address further back than 10 years and my CHL instructor told me no. If I had been in the same job and lived at the same place it didn't matter... oh great... I can't believe it... looks like mine will get kicked back as well... GRRRR....
06/21/2009 - CHL class
06/22/2009 - Mailed application to DPS
06/25/2009 - Paperwork Received
07/20/2009 - PIN Received
09/02/2009 - Application Completed - license issued or certificate active!
09/08/2009 - Plastic in Hand

Beretta 92

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

maxpower wrote:talked to DPS today to find out what information was missing since the detailed letter has not yet arrived - the info that is missing is that I did not list a second home address in my history, just the address where I have been living in Texas since I moved here in 1997....the same with my employer - same for the past 35 years, but that needs to be stated on the back.....what a crock! In my class we were told you did not need to go back further than 10 tears, well apparently that has changed. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

This doesn't make sense. GC §411.174 (9) (b) states you are only required to list your address for residence and business for the preceding 5 years. I moved here in 1998 and only listed one address (same since moving here) and my current work address (same company) I had for the preceding 5 years. No problem with mine.

I would contact them back and ask why they are requiring more than what the statute requires since they meet the requirements per your post.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

maxpower wrote:talked to DPS today to find out what information was missing since the detailed letter has not yet arrived - the info that is missing is that I did not list a second home address in my history, just the address where I have been living in Texas since I moved here in 1997....the same with my employer - same for the past 35 years, but that needs to be stated on the back.....what a crock! In my class we were told you did not need to go back further than 10 tears, well apparently that has changed. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I was under the impression you only needed to go back 5 years for your home I moved to Texas in 2003 and that is as far back as I went. I got a letter but it was for my DD-214. You might want to call and clarify.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

tempter
Posts in topic: 7

Post by tempter »

Thanks for the info guys.... makes me feel a bit better...
06/21/2009 - CHL class
06/22/2009 - Mailed application to DPS
06/25/2009 - Paperwork Received
07/20/2009 - PIN Received
09/02/2009 - Application Completed - license issued or certificate active!
09/08/2009 - Plastic in Hand

Beretta 92

maxpower
Posts in topic: 22

Post by maxpower »

Keith B wrote:

This doesn't make sense. GC §411.174 (9) (b) states you are only required to list your address for residence and business for the preceding 5 years. I moved here in 1998 and only listed one address (same since moving here) and my current work address (same company) I had for the preceding 5 years. No problem with mine.

I would contact them back and ask why they are requiring more than what the statute requires since they meet the requirements per your post.

the DPS is blaming all the 'incomplete' letters on temps who see nothing on the back and assume information is missing

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”