March 2009 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

TexasHillBillY
Posts in topic: 4

Re: March 2009 Applications

Post by TexasHillBillY »

Harris county here. Over 100 days and counting. Trying to focus on other things to keep my mind occupied.
03/15/09 Class taken
03/18/09 Packet Mailed
06/03/09 Processing App
08/29/09 Approved
08/31/09 Plastic in hand

Samual Adams: "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

mes311
Posts in topic: 6

Post by mes311 »

Okay, so I heard back from DPS saying they were awaiting printing of the license on June 17th. I went out of town for 2 weeks and dug through a stack of mail 4 times...no license. Web page still says processing. What gives? Been nearly 4 months and I live in Walker. Emailed DPS back to inquire if they were using Gutenburg's printing press. Not really, but what info is necessary for your representative? Name, address and CHL app number?

carbon-14
Posts in topic: 32

Post by carbon-14 »

mes311 wrote:Okay, so I heard back from DPS saying they were awaiting printing of the license on June 17th. I went out of town for 2 weeks and dug through a stack of mail 4 times...no license. Web page still says processing. What gives? Been nearly 4 months and I live in Walker. Emailed DPS back to inquire if they were using Gutenburg's printing press. Not really, but what info is necessary for your representative? Name, address and CHL app number?
name, address, chl app #, & TXDL#
Harris County

CHL Class: March 14
Packet Mailed: March 16
Packet 'Incomplete' resubmitted same day received
Called: was told 'Its getting printed'!!: went to the printer 8/26/09
App complete!! Aug 29, 09
Plastic in Hand: Sept. 5, 09

total: 172 days :(

Starmapper
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Starmapper »

dwdog wrote:I am on day 102. I have attempted to call the CHL office all day, but the switchboards have remained busy. I called Sen. Mike Jackson's office today. They secretary first gave me the spew about Hurricane Ike and the Presidential Election, then patch me thru to another lady, only for me to leave a message on her machine. I am a March applicant, but several April applicants are jumping in line and getting there's first, because of their Senator's/Reps. Plus, I am a law enforcement officer, why aren't I in the head of the line. :mad5
I had the same problem with DPS Switchboard, so sent them an e-mail. Two weeks later, all I got was a "Background Investigation in process - no estimate for completion." And, from what I can tell, having my Representative's office (Rep. Larry Taylor) call hasn't changed anything. :banghead:
Application PIN received: 25 March
Plastic in Hand: 17 July

shoeless
Posts in topic: 9

Post by shoeless »

Status change to "Application Complete..."

Hope I get to do a Wally Walk this weekend!
CHL in hand - 7/09
Daily Carry - Taurus Millenium Pro PT-145

Phrase I most want to hear before I die... "The Texas Rangers win the World Series!"

USA1
Posts in topic: 68

Post by USA1 »

shoeless wrote:Status change to "Application Complete..."

Hope I get to do a Wally Walk this weekend!
take pictures , or we wont beleive you did it :mrgreen:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

dwdog
Posts in topic: 27

Post by dwdog »

Received a call from Senator Mike Jackson's office today. I told them of my situation (103 days, law enforcement officer, Galveston County, blah,blah), The lady gave me her email address, and asked me to send her my ap# and all that stuff, so I did so. Well, we will see. She was very nice, and seemed helpful. I also complained about the April applicants calling their Senator's and jumping ahead of me from March. If you are an April applicant and reading this, sorry, but it just isn't fair.
Application Mailed: 26MAR 09
Pin Received: 24MAY09
Told being printed
but still showed as
processing: 27AUG09
Application Comp: 30AUG09
License Rec: XXXXXXXX

USA1
Posts in topic: 68

Post by USA1 »

dwdog wrote: I also complained about the April applicants calling their Senator's and jumping ahead of me from March. If you are an April applicant and reading this, sorry, but it just isn't fair.
no harsh feelings here ...it really is'nt fair .. :tiphat:
but nothing they do over there is fair :rules:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

graysilv
Posts in topic: 6

Post by graysilv »

i had emailed dps on june 24th, and got a reply july 6 that they were awaiting the printing of my license. Hopefully it doesnt take much longer, its been about 110 days now
02/21/09 -- CHL Class Taken
03/10/09 -- Packet mailed to DPS
03/12/09 -- Packet received by DPS
05/01/09 -- PIN received...date on letter (04/22/09)
07/10/09 -- Application Complete
07/16/09 -- Plastic in hand!

Chip
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Chip »

dwdog wrote:jumping ahead of me from March. If you are an April applicant and reading this, sorry, but it just isn't fair.
Line jumping? Not fair? I view it differently. DPS is consistently failing to meet its statutory requirements. Personally, I think that everyone who passes the 90 day mark - thereby receiving an implicit denial - should burn up the phones and start a letter-writing campaign. I don't think it's an attempt to "line jump" or "be unfair", it's an attempt to take some initiative and hold DPS accountable. We've paid for a service that DPS is obligated to provide within a specified time frame, and there is nothing wrong with rattling their collective cages until they fix the problem. Perhaps if enough of DPS management hears from enough irate legislators they'll shift staff around to fix the problem. I'd bet that if they assigned two additional officers for three weeks the Harris County backlog would disappear.
I will add, as a fifth circumstance in the situation of the House of Representatives, restraining them from oppressive measures, that they can make no law which will not have its full operation on themselves and their friends, as well as on the great mass of the society. - J Madison, Federalist #57

Cowboyrob
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Cowboyrob »

Despite multiple calls to state rep and senator, I still have not received my plastic. See my signature for the dates. This is beyond ridiculous :totap:

The Harris County excuse has been offered both to me and my legislators. Absolutely whistle clean record; so, nothing to find in the background check.

As a fee supported process, this needs to be overhauled.
03/01/09 - CHL Class completed
03/02/09 - Mailed packet
03/03/09 - Packet received by DPS
03/13/09 - Check Cashed
04/13/09 - PIN Received
08/03/09 - App Complete
08/10/09 - Plastic received

CrimsonSoul
Posts in topic: 25

Post by CrimsonSoul »

I say they change the system and pay them per Background Check completed, or give them a bonus for each they complete!
Approved 07/17/09
In hand 07/17/09

carbon-14
Posts in topic: 32

Post by carbon-14 »

Seeing other Harris County applicants that sent their packets in earlier than me & they still havent received their license is depressing.... Harris county needs to get their stuff straight!
Harris County

CHL Class: March 14
Packet Mailed: March 16
Packet 'Incomplete' resubmitted same day received
Called: was told 'Its getting printed'!!: went to the printer 8/26/09
App complete!! Aug 29, 09
Plastic in Hand: Sept. 5, 09

total: 172 days :(

dwdog
Posts in topic: 27

Post by dwdog »

I was told that it was Harris, Galveston, and Montgomery county that had slowed down so much, and that it had to do a lot with the Presidential Election and Hurricane Ike. The Election causing "hundred's of thousands" more applicants than normal, which ok maybe I can see, but the Hurricane, I will throw up the bull flag on that. Things should be back to normal for that by now.
Application Mailed: 26MAR 09
Pin Received: 24MAY09
Told being printed
but still showed as
processing: 27AUG09
Application Comp: 30AUG09
License Rec: XXXXXXXX

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”