March 2009 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Oldwolf
Posts in topic: 6

Re: March 2009 Applications

Post by Oldwolf »

UGH.... I am getting frustrated... I received a letter on May 6 saying that since I was born overseas I needed proof of citizenship (was born on a military base in Italy)... What frustrates me, is that their app should have told me that at the very beginning. I would have sent in my US Passport and Birth Cert. GRRRRR... Now I am past 80 days,.. no telling when it will get processed...

(Tarrant County)
02/28/09 -- CHL Class Taken
03/03/09 -- Packet mailed to DPS
04/09/09 -- PIN received - Processing App
05/10/09 -- Got request for proof of citizenship
05/15/09 -- Mailed proof of citizenship
XX/XX/09 -- Application Complete
XX/XX/09 -- Plastic in hand!

shawn
Posts in topic: 14

Post by shawn »

Vince wrote:Well guys and gals I just found this forum so I thought I would join you in the waiting room. All my dates are below. Have had no rejections or notices on anything.

Shawn, I see that we got our proccesing on the same day so it will be interesting to see what happens. What county are you in if you don't mind?
Collin County

myron243
Posts in topic: 12

Post by myron243 »

Just found the forum this morning. And I'm waiting on my "detailed letter". Found out late Friday online my app is incomplete. Called this morning and the young fellow told me the photos that were taken at the CHL class at Carter's Country in Harris County were too light to print. He suggested I go to Walgreen's. Looks like I'm basically starting over. And through no fault of mine nor DPS. :banghead:
9/12/09 - Day 174 - Finally in hand

jossef@charter.net
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jossef@charter.net »

I took my class in late March. I just got a pin number and when I first checked it I got a message stating Processing Application. Today I checked it and got a message No Application on file. Has anyone gotten a message like this before and if so what's up???

shawn

Post by shawn »

jossef@charter.net wrote:I took my class in late March. I just got a pin number and when I first checked it I got a message stating Processing Application. Today I checked it and got a message No Application on file. Has anyone gotten a message like this before and if so what's up???

Make sure you are clicking on the link for regular folks and not the one for instructors. There are 2 links on the same page. Try again and let us know.

Vince
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Vince »

Ok now its getting bad. I check at least two times a day for my status to change online. Its got to be anyday now!
1/3/09 Class taken
3/10/09 Packet Mailed
4/22/09 Proccesing App
6/09/09 Approved
6/13/09 Plastic in hand

piscessmith
Posts in topic: 3

Post by piscessmith »

OK I am ready to give up! Wife had to have extra paper work sent and everything and gets hers before me. I called today and all they would say is still processing call back about June 15th :banghead: :banghead: This is really stupid and wrong!!!! Cant even tell me why?
GRRRR
Thanks for letting me rant.

Wifes getting hers :woohoo :thewave

class taken 2/15
packet mailed 2/26
Pin received 4/8
Processing application 4/22
Application completed xxxx
Plastic in hand xxxx

wifey's application
class taken 2/15
Packet Mailed 2/26
Pin received 4/10
NEED birth certificate born in foreign country on military base 4/28
Application completed 5/27
Plastic in hand xxxx

dicion
Posts in topic: 11

Post by dicion »

piscessmith wrote:OK I am ready to give up! Wife had to have extra paper work sent and everything and gets hers before me. I called today and all they would say is still processing call back about June 15th :banghead: :banghead: This is really stupid and wrong!!!! Cant even tell me why?
GRRRR

class taken 2/15
packet mailed 2/26
Pin received 4/8
Plastic in hand xxxx

wifey's application
class taken 2/15
Packet Mailed 2/26
Pin received 4/10
Plastic in hand xxxx

Did you live in different places during the past 5 years?

Individual background checks can vary in how long it takes. (Especially in Harris County! They apparently have only 1 Trooper doing it for the entire city of Houston and surrounding areas :roll:)
Do you, perhaps, have a more 'colorful' background that they might need to look through for a little longer to verify you aren't disqualified?

USA1
Posts in topic: 68

Post by USA1 »

piscessmith wrote:OK I am ready to give up! Wife had to have extra paper work sent and everything and gets hers before me. I called today and all they would say is still processing call back about June 15th :banghead: :banghead: This is really stupid and wrong!!!! Cant even tell me why?
GRRRR

class taken 2/15
packet mailed 2/26
Pin received 4/8
Plastic in hand xxxx

wifey's application
class taken 2/15
Packet Mailed 2/26
Pin received 4/10
Plastic in hand xxxx
look at it like this...atleast your wife can protect you while you wait for your plastic ! :eek6 :lol:
better be nice to her :cool:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

wjh81
Posts in topic: 15

Post by wjh81 »

wjh81 wrote:
wjh81 wrote:
wjh81 wrote:Hi all. New member here. I took my CHL Feb 28th and sent off my paperwork March 2nd, so I am waiting like everyone else!

Yes, I quoted myself! I haven't taken the time out to figure out this site completely, but I wanted to update my time frame. I have been checking the DPS website daily, twice a day for any updated status and today it was updated to "Processing Application"!

Time frame so far is:

Took class Feb 28th '09
Mailed packet March 2nd '09
Received by DPS March 5th '09
Status changed to "Processing" April 9th '09
Status changed to "Application incomplete - missing information - detailed letter has been sent." May 5th '09

I called yesterday to check my status and the lady let me know that they sent me a letter yesterday letting me know that my picture is no bueno. I checked the status online today and it says "Application incomplete - missing information - detailed letter has been sent."

When I talked to the lady about a week ago she said that they are running right at 60 days, so to all of you that are waiting, that is great news for you! Lets just hope that I can get my picture right this time!!

Ok, they received my new pictures on May 21 and this morning they changed my status back to "Processing Application"!!

Took class Feb 28th '09
Mailed packet March 2nd '09
Received by DPS March 5th '09
Status changed to "Processing" April 9th '09
Status changed to "Application incomplete - missing information - detailed letter has been sent." May 5th '09
DPS received new photos May 21st '09
Status changed back to "Processing Application" May 27th '09

Also, does anyone know what I am doing wrong with the smilies? Whenever I try to add one, it does this: http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... 3&p=278890#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Class: 2-28-09
Mailed: 3-2-09
Received: 3-5-09
Status is: "Processing": 4-9-09
Letter sent for photos: 5-5-09
DPS received new photos: 5-21-09
Application Complete: 6-19-09
Plastic in Hand: 6-24-09

USA1
Posts in topic: 68

Post by USA1 »

wjh81 wrote:

Also, does anyone know what I am doing wrong with the smilies? Whenever I try to add one, it does this: http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... 3&p=278890#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
just place your cursor where you want the smile, then click on the smile icon you want. if you want to see what it looks like ,go down and click preview :thumbs2:
also , make sure the smiles option is not turned off. located bottom left under options. on mine, the only thing checked is (attach a signature)
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

wjh81
Posts in topic: 15

Post by wjh81 »

usa1 wrote:
wjh81 wrote:

just place your cursor where you want the smile, then click on the smile icon you want. if you want to see what it looks like ,go down and click preview :thumbs2:
also , make sure the smiles option is not turned off. located bottom left under options. on mine, the only thing checked is (attach a signature)

:woohoo

HeHe..been on arfcom too much! I drag and drop on there and that is what I was doing here. Thanks!!
Class: 2-28-09
Mailed: 3-2-09
Received: 3-5-09
Status is: "Processing": 4-9-09
Letter sent for photos: 5-5-09
DPS received new photos: 5-21-09
Application Complete: 6-19-09
Plastic in Hand: 6-24-09

piscessmith
Posts in topic: 3

Post by piscessmith »

dicion wrote:
GRRRR

class taken 2/15
packet mailed 2/26
Pin received 4/8
Plastic in hand xxxx

wifey's application
class taken 2/15
Packet Mailed 2/26
Pin received 4/10
Plastic in hand xxxx

Did you live in different places during the past 5 years?

Individual background checks can vary in how long it takes. (Especially in Harris County! They apparently have only 1 Trooper doing it for the entire city of Houston and surrounding areas :roll:)
Do you, perhaps, have a more 'colorful' background that they might need to look through for a little longer to verify you aren't disqualified?

Nope same house same places for the last 32 years :lol: Same house for the last 12 years. Collin County don't see many posts about that county here.

dicion
Posts in topic: 11

Post by dicion »

Well then, you got me :confused5 :confused5 :confused5

shawn

Post by shawn »

piscessmith wrote:

Nope same house same places for the last 32 years :lol: Same house for the last 12 years. Collin County don't see many posts about that county here.
OOHHH! I'm in collin county and we have our processing dates exactly the same. the race is on :lol: Bet you $5 I beat you ;) :anamatedbanana

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”