January Applicants

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Coffeyc
Posts in topic: 8

Re: January Applicants

Post by Coffeyc »

WOW, I sent my information in Jan 12th, I have had no problems as far as missing paperwork or bad fingerprints, and I am still waiting. I have called and they always say, everything looks fine, there is no problems with your app, you should have it by the end of the week. that was 4 weeks ago :banghead:
Beretta 96 C .40 S&W
Smith & Wesson 915 9MM
Yes I like my WW2 technology, they go bang every time.

sgtredneck
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sgtredneck »

we'll been waiting since jan 28th several lame excuses sad part I work for the goverment and just went through our 5 yr homeland security and complete background checks and I was cleared again :hurry: , for the third time :coolgleamA: ,in less than 2 weeks :biggrinjester: . Why are they giving us so many lame excuses and does anyone know who the rep is for the east side of houston???

immadmacs
Posts in topic: 1

Post by immadmacs »

I sent my packet on January 2nd and received the license on May 14th.

USA1
Posts in topic: 21

Post by USA1 »

sgtredneck wrote:we'll been waiting since jan 28th several lame excuses sad part I work for the goverment and just went through our 5 yr homeland security and complete background checks and I was cleared again :hurry: , for the third time :coolgleamA: ,in less than 2 weeks :biggrinjester: . Why are they giving us so many lame excuses and does anyone know who the rep is for the east side of houston???
this may help you http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/mnuAddress.aspx :patriot:
:coolgleamA:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

thorkyl
Posts in topic: 12

Post by thorkyl »

sgtredneck wrote:...Why are they giving us so many lame excuses and does anyone know who the rep is for the east side of houston???
Its harris county.
DPS called my GF yesterday. Told her that they are waiting on Harris County for the BGC.

So the next letter going to our Senator and Rep will be complaining about Harris County.
Also folks keep in mind the FBI are jammed up from nationwide increase in requests.

Does the obamanation have his foot on the brakes over at the fed?
:txflag:
---
http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beyond Bitter, now I am just plain MAD
I know how many I own, not enough...

USA1

Post by USA1 »

thorkyl wrote: Does the obamanation have his foot on the brakes over at the fed?
nothing surprises me any more :crazy:

PBR
Posts in topic: 3

Post by PBR »

well i emailed every Representative and Senator in my district and haven't heard anything yet but the "We got your message, Thank you". I even told them that I felt as if I was getting scammed. Or course they wont care -- lol
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

JonK
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JonK »

thorkyl wrote:
sgtredneck wrote:...Why are they giving us so many lame excuses and does anyone know who the rep is for the east side of houston???
Its harris county.
DPS called my GF yesterday. Told her that they are waiting on Harris County for the BGC.

So the next letter going to our Senator and Rep will be complaining about Harris County.
Also folks keep in mind the FBI are jammed up from nationwide increase in requests.

Does the obamanation have his foot on the brakes over at the fed?

The FBI checks have actually not slowed things down at all. They have been returning checks back in a very timely manner and it is my understanding that actually they have managed to increase the turnaround. I am not a fan of the administration either but I want to make sure the focus is where it should be and that is DPS. It is DPS at the county level that does the local BG check and they should properly staff. The amount of time it is taking Harris county residents to get their CHL's is not just crazy but also illegal and a some point we should be given a real answer about why and not just a an excuse about Ike and too many apps.

That is just my 2 cents...

JonK
1/31/09 -- Class Taken
2/02/09 -- Packet mailed
2/04/09 -- Confirmed delivery
3/04/09 -- Status Processing
4/04/09 -- Contacted Rep application is being "expedited"
5/13/09 -- Background complete
5/28/09 -- Status - Application Complete (Next Day Air on License)
5/29/09 -- Plastic in hand!

pale rider
Posts in topic: 2

Post by pale rider »

Got my plastic yesterday , seems like it took forever . I had made several phone calls to DPS as to what was going on, "Just Processing" canned answer. Finally had enough called my State Rep, got a call from DPS the next day saying they were expiditing my application, then nothing. About a moth later I had given up hope, out of the blue my Reps assistant called to see if I had recieved my CHL. After I explained no, she said she would take care of it, that was at 11:00am, DPS called me at 4:00pm that day said I had been approved and it would be on the way, took another week to get the plastic. Give your Reps a call it worked for me. Good luck all !!. :cheers2:

USA1

Post by USA1 »

pale rider wrote:Got my plastic yesterday , seems like it took forever . I had made several phone calls to DPS as to what was going on, "Just Processing" canned answer. Finally had enough called my State Rep, got a call from DPS the next day saying they were expiditing my application, then nothing. About a moth later I had given up hope, out of the blue my Reps assistant called to see if I had recieved my CHL. After I explained no, she said she would take care of it, that was at 11:00am, DPS called me at 4:00pm that day said I had been approved and it would be on the way, took another week to get the plastic. Give your Reps a call it worked for me. Good luck all !!. :cheers2:
congratulations :txflag:

Coffeyc
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Coffeyc »

Well I just received my texas state vehicle registration form a few days ago. I am considering processing it in the same manner my CHL is being processed. I bet I would get in all sorts of trouble. That is just not right at all. over 100 days and still waiting :mad5
Beretta 96 C .40 S&W
Smith & Wesson 915 9MM
Yes I like my WW2 technology, they go bang every time.

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Coffeyc wrote:Well I just received my texas state vehicle registration form a few days ago. I am considering processing it in the same manner my CHL is being processed. I bet I would get in all sorts of trouble. That is just not right at all. over 100 days and still waiting :mad5
dont lower yourself to their level :tiphat:

EnglandGreen
Posts in topic: 11

Post by EnglandGreen »

Still waiting....
CHL Class at PSC Friendswood Fri./Sat. 1-17/18-09
1-29-09 - Overnight UPS delivery
1-30-09 - Delivered to DPS 10:30 a.m.
3-20-09 - PIN Received at last, dated 3-05-09
3-20-09 - Processing Application
9-03-09 - Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
9-09-09 - Plastic in Hand!

tesla
Posts in topic: 7

Post by tesla »

EnglandGreen wrote:Still waiting....
I'm with you... Day 117 since my application was received.

Class: 01/24/09
Mailed: 01/26/09
Check cashed: 02/02/09
PIN Received: 02/26/09
Completed: "rlol"

thorkyl
Posts in topic: 12

Post by thorkyl »

Latest poke in the eye we gave the DPS, they are starting to really get us PO'd
Sent to our Rep, Senator, and to Rick Perry, and a few Right Wing media friends we have in Harris county and Austin...

Mrs. Brummett;
I understand that the Department has had an increase in the number of applications since November, however I am concerned about the amount of time it has taken so far. As of today (5-29-2009) it has been 108 days. Will the department now require me to start over since the license has not been issued within the 90 days as required by the Statutes?

From discussions with other applicants this seems to be a common issue with the department and I am not an isolated case.

This seems to be a State wide issue and not just a "Hurricane Ike" issue.

Is the delay being caused by internal issues such as internal strife, under staffing, directive from a superior, or a condition set by the FED as part of the stimulus package?

What is the average process time you are seeing applications take when there are no issues, questions, or problems with the application or the background check?

I will expect your reply by close of business today.
---
http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beyond Bitter, now I am just plain MAD
I know how many I own, not enough...

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”