i've decided

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
knightx
Posts in topic: 3

i've decided

Post by knightx »

the wait for the mailman is more frustrating than the wait for the website to change...
at least with the website there's a glimmer of hope 24/7..

with the mailman, you get one shot at it per day, and if you draw a blank....you wait some more...

boomerang
Posts in topic: 1

Re: i've decided

Post by boomerang »

A watched pot never boils.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

Topic author
knightx

Post by knightx »

a watched pot may not boil, but a botched plot will LOL....

funny, i let the durn thing expire in 05 and never really gave much thought until last fall

CainA

Post by CainA »

If you're brewing beer an unwatched pot always boils over(especially at hot break time).

-Cain

WEC

Post by WEC »

I got a call from DPS on a Saturday saying my application was complete and they would mail the license "first thing Monday morning." I received it on Saturday the week after, with a postmark from Austin that was on Wednesday... I'm going to take a wild guess and say you'll get yours early next week. Try to enjoy your weekend. :mrgreen:
"We are oft to blame in this / 'Tis too much proved -- that with devotion's visage / And pious action we do sugar o'er / The devil himself."
Μολὼν λαβέ | NRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
knightx

Post by knightx »

well, it finally arrived saturday. ( i checked the mail saturday and saw nothing but a crummy post-card type advertisement) seems someone in the houose collected the mail enroute to work and took the rest of the pile, then about midnight it was disclosed, "oh, this is yours")

anyway, in spite of Harris county's reputation I took the course on 07 Dec, mailed the packet via standard mail on 08 Dec, had one hiccup dated 15 Jan (forgot copy of military ID) and plastic in hand via the mail 27 Mar

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”