February Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Keith B
Posts in topic: 12

Re: February Applications

Post by Keith B »

Mitsu wrote:New to the forums, been on a few times to look up a question, you'd be surprised how often this forum is the top result on Google for Texas CHL questions.

Not sure when I sent off the packet, the received receipt came dated March 5. I wonder if being an under 21 applicant will slow it down much.
Welcome Mitsu.

The only reason under 21 should slow it down is if you weren't military, then you would be denied. ;-)

Seriously, I don't think it will make any difference. What branch of the military were/are you in??
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Mitsu
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mitsu »

Keith B wrote:
Mitsu wrote:New to the forums, been on a few times to look up a question, you'd be surprised how often this forum is the top result on Google for Texas CHL questions.

Not sure when I sent off the packet, the received receipt came dated March 5. I wonder if being an under 21 applicant will slow it down much.
Welcome Mitsu.

The only reason under 21 should slow it down is if you weren't military, then you would be denied. ;-)

Seriously, I don't think it will make any difference. What branch of the military were/are you in??
I'm Active duty in the Army, stationed at Ft. Polk.

ls6tt
Posts in topic: 20

Post by ls6tt »

I got my pin today :hurry: :hurry: :hurry:
-Alex

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Mitsu wrote:
Keith B wrote:

Welcome Mitsu.

I'm Active duty in the Army, stationed at Ft. Polk.
Awesome! Well welcome again and thanks for your service! :patriot:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

NJB
Posts in topic: 5

Post by NJB »

New to the forums, from Houston/spring area. Been browsing the forums for a couple weeks now, decided to sign up. I sent my application in on the 2/21/09, check cashed 2/27/09. I am headed back home to Idaho first of April and will be turning in my application for carry permit there as well. I am doing this because after talking to the sherrif's office back in my home town I have been informed I would probably get the Idaho permit much sooner than my Texas one. We will see if that is true.

knightx
Posts in topic: 3

Post by knightx »

not to be a gloomy-gus NJB, but you might be able to walk to Idaho, hand deliver your ap, wait for processing and walk back to Texas before your ap here is ready, especially being in the dreaded Harris-zone...I know..i'm in the pasa-deer park area and on hold since the first week of dec :grumble

NJB

Post by NJB »

Yep the nice lady I talked to mentioned they would even put a rush on my out of state application and mail me the plastic since I made the trip all the way up there to do the photos/prints.

Topic author
UpTheIrons
Posts in topic: 17

Post by UpTheIrons »

Woo Hoo! Finally some movement! Received my PIN today, 5 weeks to the day from application dropoff. The dreaded "Processing Application" screen has now appeared for me.

Shall I now start the 60 day countdown clock?

May 8 is 60 total days from the date of the PIN letter.

June 1 is 60 business days from the date of the PIN letter.

Anyone want to place some bets? :lol:
"I don't know how that would ever be useful, but I want two!"

Springs are cheap - your gun and your life aren't.

Shorts
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Shorts »

A Feb-er here

Nueces Co.
2/15 Class
2/17 USPS MO & Mailed
3/16 No PIN yet
Don't Mess with Texas Women

2/15/09 - Class Date
3/18/09 - PIN Assigned, Processing App
8/07/09 - Plastic in hand

lobotex
Posts in topic: 3

Post by lobotex »

Been lurking awhile and finally joined last week and wanted to say Hi. Lots of good info here, that's for sure. Just patiently waiting like everyone else.
lobotex-NRH, TX
02/07/09 -- CHL Class Taken
02/09/09 -- Packet mailed to DPS
03/16/09 -- PIN received (Letter dated 03/09 & mailed 3/13/09)
05/02/09 -- Application Complete
05/06/09 -- Plastic in hand!

dimbulb

Post by dimbulb »

Got my PIN today in the mail. Login and it states..... "No application or license/certificate active." Anyone else see this, or am I one of those lucky ones?

cmartinez95
Posts in topic: 14

Post by cmartinez95 »

I called on Friday to inquire about my PIN #. The gentleman I spoke to told me that I was probably another 3 to 4 weeks out before I was entered into the system. However, guess what came in the mail today :) Got my PIN. Status says app is processing. Sure would be nice to have it by the end of April, but I'll settle for early to mid-may if I have to!
2/7/09 - Class taken
8/20/09 - Plastic in hand

wheelgun wielder

Post by wheelgun wielder »

I received my PIN today as well. They must drop them in the mail in batches.

Signature updated as appropriate...
02/01/09 - Completed CHL Class
02/02/09 - Packet dropped in mail to DPS (didn't think to send it with delivery confirmation)
02/20/09 - Check deposited by DPS
03/16/09 - PIN Received
05/14/09 - Application Complete
05/16/09 - Plastic in hand

longtooth
Posts in topic: 4

Post by longtooth »

Welcome aboard wheelgun. Glad to have you. :tiphat:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
UpTheIrons
Posts in topic: 17

Post by UpTheIrons »

dimbulb wrote:Got my PIN today in the mail. Login and it states..... "No application or license/certificate active." Anyone else see this, or am I one of those lucky ones?
This has happened to a few people. Did you click on the "Instructor" link by accident?
"I don't know how that would ever be useful, but I want two!"

Springs are cheap - your gun and your life aren't.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”