January Applicants

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Glockfreak
Posts in topic: 6

Re: January Applicants

Post by Glockfreak »

I am so envious :drool:
Bily Lovec wrote:yipee :anamatedbanana

3rd renewal. Harris County.
mailed regular USPS, jan. 6th.
new liscense received by me on March 2nd.

less than 2 month wait
:thewave

tigerfan_9
Posts in topic: 4

Post by tigerfan_9 »

Fort Bend County
Class: 12/20/08
Mailed: 12/23/08
DPS Received: 12/31/08
Check Cleared: 01/06/09
Begin Processing: 01/16/09
PIN Received: 01/20/09

Current Status: Processing Application

Called last week and they said they were waiting on one background check.
Day 63......still waiting
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fort Bend County
CHL Class: 12/20/08
Mailed: 12/23/08
DPS Received: 12/31/08
Check Cleared: 01/06/09
Begin Processing: 01/16/09
PIN Received: 01/20/09
Completed: 03/11/09
Plastic In Hand: --/--/--

LaserTex
Posts in topic: 12

Post by LaserTex »

I called yesterday "just to check". Still waiting on background check. 20 years active duty, retired, last 10 years at same address, last 9 years at the same desk (5 yrs active duty, 4 as contractor - all working with TS clearance.) How hard could a background check be? Hell, my last speeding ticket was over 15 years ago :-)

Oh well...hopefully the state is paying the background "investigators" well so it will stimulate the economy... :lol::
LaserTex
Air Force Retired ** Life Member VFW ** NRA Member **
** Life Member AmVets ** Patriot Guard Rider **

optman09

Post by optman09 »

I received this dreaded message today

Application incomplete - missing information - detailed letter has been sent.

I checked and recheck and rechecked and rechecked before I mailed the Application. No telling what the problem is :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

LaserTex
Posts in topic: 12

Post by LaserTex »

Application incomplete - missing information - detailed letter has been sent.[/color]

I checked and recheck and rechecked and rechecked before I mailed the Application. No telling what the problem is :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:[/quote]

That sucks. I am hoping that I don't join you as I checked, checked and rechecked too. Could it be a gov-ment conspiracy? :headscratch
LaserTex
Air Force Retired ** Life Member VFW ** NRA Member **
** Life Member AmVets ** Patriot Guard Rider **

bkblaw84
Posts in topic: 14

Post by bkblaw84 »

It is probably the dates of your residences. If there is any unaccounted for time between living situations, it wont pass.
Dallas County
CHL Class: 1/9/09
Mailed Packet: 1/12/09
DPS Received Packet: 1/14/09
PIN Received in Mail: 2/9/09
Application incomplete - left a gap

tesla
Posts in topic: 7

Post by tesla »

FYI, when I tried to log in to check my application status today I received this message:
The data you have submitted does not match what is in our records. Please verify the data submitted is correct. If you still cannot proceed, please contact DPS at 1-800-224-5744 or email chl@txdps.state.tx.us for more information.
I called DPS, and they said that my application is still processing. They have gotten several calls like this today and something is apparently wrong with their server.

MrSpkr
Posts in topic: 11

Post by MrSpkr »

I just talked to DPS as well. Although I mailed my packet to them around January 14, they did not get it into their system until February 10. The (very polite) young lady who answered the phone said I can expect a 60 day wait from the time the packet was entered into their system.

So, I can stand down on looking for my license this month. Hopefully, I'll get it by Tax Day.

Steve
Ellis County
CHL Class 01-10-09 in Hutchins
Mailed packet (with prints, pics, etc.): 01-15-09
Processing Application since about 02-14-09
Certificate active: 04-10-09
Plastic in hand: 04-16-09
Total time from mailing to completion: 92 days

Glockfreak

Post by Glockfreak »

I received the following message today as well. I am sure its still processing just some error.

The data you have submitted does not match what is in our records. Please verify the data submitted is correct. If you still cannot proceed, please contact DPS at 1-800-224-5744 or email chl@txdps.state.tx.us for more information.

Glockfreak

Post by Glockfreak »

Thats beyond weak. What county you in? I mailed in on the 12th of Jan and I got my pin letter dated Feb 6th. If only someone would run the government like a small business.
MrSpkr wrote:I just talked to DPS as well. Although I mailed my packet to them around January 14, they did not get it into their system until February 10. The (very polite) young lady who answered the phone said I can expect a 60 day wait from the time the packet was entered into their system.

So, I can stand down on looking for my license this month. Hopefully, I'll get it by Tax Day.

Steve

diveinstructor
Posts in topic: 7

Post by diveinstructor »

optman09 wrote:I received this dreaded message today

I checked and recheck and rechecked and rechecked before I mailed the Application. No telling what the problem is :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I got the same thing yesterday. I called and was told that it was because I didn't sign the passport photo carrier. Funny thing is, I specifically remember signing it as per the instructions. And I was told that it would take 1 - 3 weeks to get it back into the system after they received the correction. So it's like I'm back at square 1.

MrSpkr
Posts in topic: 11

Post by MrSpkr »

Glockfreak wrote:Thats beyond weak. What county you in? I mailed in on the 12th of Jan and I got my pin letter dated Feb 6th. If only someone would run the government like a small business.
MrSpkr wrote:I just talked to DPS as well. Although I mailed my packet to them around January 14, they did not get it into their system until February 10. The (very polite) young lady who answered the phone said I can expect a 60 day wait from the time the packet was entered into their system.

Steve
Ellis County, just south of Dallas.

It is damned pathetic. I've been through three sets of background checks in the past six years (two state bar character investigations, including full FBI prints, and securing an escrow license for my real estate fee office), and I am waiting on this damned thing? And why does it take so long to process these packets when I filled out the online application?

Sigh. And this is how Obama wants our healthcare system to be operated.

Steve
Ellis County
CHL Class 01-10-09 in Hutchins
Mailed packet (with prints, pics, etc.): 01-15-09
Processing Application since about 02-14-09
Certificate active: 04-10-09
Plastic in hand: 04-16-09
Total time from mailing to completion: 92 days

optman09

Post by optman09 »

[/quote]I got the same thing yesterday. I called and was told that it was because I didn't sign the passport photo carrier. Funny thing is, I specifically remember signing it as per the instructions. And I was told that it would take 1 - 3 weeks to get it back into the system after they received the correction. So it's like I'm back at square 1.[/quote]

And the verdict is " photos are too pixelated". :mad5
Pics were taken at the class. They aren't that bad. No worse than my DL pic. Trying to thin the high stacks of apps... hmmmm :headscratch

Glockfreak

Post by Glockfreak »

You arent completely back to square one. I had to senc back my finger print card b.c the woman who took the prints forgot to sign the card. My status was updated from incomplete to processing application in less than 5 days after i sent the card back. I think my screw up might only cost a couple of weeks. keep the hope :patriot:

diveinstructor wrote:
optman09 wrote:I received this dreaded message today

I got the same thing yesterday. I called and was told that it was because I didn't sign the passport photo carrier. Funny thing is, I specifically remember signing it as per the instructions. And I was told that it would take 1 - 3 weeks to get it back into the system after they received the correction. So it's like I'm back at square 1.
Last edited by Glockfreak on Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigD_htl
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BigD_htl »

best of luck to all of yall, hope it gets there faster than a fat kid to the buffet line

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”