October Application

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

gaspar
Posts in topic: 3

Re: October Application

Post by gaspar »

Just got home and checked on line (as I do every day) and saw that my status has been changed to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"!!! So here's my updated timeline:

Took CHL class - 06/14/08
Paperwork received by DPS - 10/02/08
PIN Reveived by email - 10/15/08
PIN Reveived by mail - 10/19/08
Application still processing - 11/18/08
Application Completed - license issued or certificate active - 11/24/08

I wasn't really expecting it, but now I'm kind of hoping I have plastic in hand before I leave for Thanksgiving late Wednesday. I'm in Austin, and there are 2 days of mail delivery between now and then, so it's possible I guess...but maybe I'm dreaming :)
Application (still) processing - 11/18/08
Plastic Received! - 11/26/08

Topic author
ProjectS15
Posts in topic: 14

Post by ProjectS15 »

gaspar wrote:Just got home and checked on line (as I do every day) and saw that my status has been changed to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"!!! So here's my updated timeline:

Application still processing - 11/18/08

I wasn't really expecting it, but now I'm kind of hoping I have plastic in hand before I leave for Thanksgiving late Wednesday. I'm in Austin, and there are 2 days of mail delivery between now and then, so it's possible I guess...but maybe I'm dreaming :)
congrats man!
i am kinda in the same shoes.
DPS got my paperwork on the 3rd of October
so hopefully the same will happen to me :hurry:
Harris County
Took CHL Class Sept 27th
Mailed Application to DPS Sept 29th
Application received by DPS Oct 3rd
Processing Oct 3rd
Emailed District 135 Representative Dec 11th
Emailed Texas Senator Dan Patrick Dec 11th
Tammy Called Dec 23rd
Application Completed Dec 29th
Plastic in hand Dec 30th

gaspar
Posts in topic: 3

Post by gaspar »

ProjectS15 wrote: congrats man!
i am kinda in the same shoes.
DPS got my paperwork on the 3rd of October
so hopefully the same will happen to me :hurry:
Good luck...hopefully you're next on the list!

And just as an update (and I added my timeline to my sig), plastic arrived today! I guess the DPS being fairly speedy for me is one more thing to add to my "what I'm thankful for" list this year! Am I the first one in the October Waiting Room to get theirs delivered so far? I haven't gone back to check. Good luck to everyone...I hope they start arriving quickly now!
Application (still) processing - 11/18/08
Plastic Received! - 11/26/08

jiannichan
Posts in topic: 9

Post by jiannichan »

Sucks for me. I just checked my status and it says "Application incomplete - missing information - detailed letter has been sent." Booo..... I hope after I resolve whatever it is, everything goes through.
-jchan

WEC
Posts in topic: 7

Post by WEC »

jiannichan wrote:Sucks for me. I just checked my status and it says "Application incomplete - missing information - detailed letter has been sent." Booo..... I hope after I resolve whatever it is, everything goes through.
This happened to me last week. I got a letter in the mail stating that the passport photo I submitted as too "grainy." Upon inspection of the photo, it looked like the top edge of the photo had the top layers of paper missing, as if someone unceremoniously ripped the tape off of my submitted photo and then told me that I'm at fault for it. It reeked to me of yet another excuse for delay.
"We are oft to blame in this / 'Tis too much proved -- that with devotion's visage / And pious action we do sugar o'er / The devil himself."
Μολὼν λαβέ | NRA Lifetime Member

jiannichan

Post by jiannichan »

So, more than likely, it is either my photo's or fingerprint. Those 2 are easy for me to obtain again. I am sure I sent them everything they need to get the application completed. I had my name changed when I became a US citizen in 2002, but I also sent them the court document that stated my name was changed. It could also be that it needs to be notarized, since I only sent them a copy of it. So when they sent you the letter, they also sent you back your photo's that were rejected?

EDIT: I received the letter from TxDPS today. It is because I stated my POB was a country outside of the US (Cambodia). They are requesting document that proves I am a legal resident of the United States. I will probably go into the office tomorrow and make a copy of my US citizen certificate. Do any of you think I will need to get the copies notarized or anything or just sending the copy as-is sufficient?
-jchan

Duck_and_Cover
Posts in topic: 4

Multiple PIN letters?

Post by Duck_and_Cover »

I have received two PIN letters (same PIN) about 3 weeks apart. Has anyone else received multiple letters?

WEC
Posts in topic: 7

Post by WEC »

jiannichan wrote:So, more than likely, it is either my photo's or fingerprint. Those 2 are easy for me to obtain again. I am sure I sent them everything they need to get the application completed. I had my name changed when I became a US citizen in 2002, but I also sent them the court document that stated my name was changed. It could also be that it needs to be notarized, since I only sent them a copy of it. So when they sent you the letter, they also sent you back your photo's that were rejected?

EDIT: I received the letter from TxDPS today. It is because I stated my POB was a country outside of the US (Cambodia). They are requesting document that proves I am a legal resident of the United States. I will probably go into the office tomorrow and make a copy of my US citizen certificate. Do any of you think I will need to get the copies notarized or anything or just sending the copy as-is sufficient?
Do you have a passport? A photocopy of the identification page is sufficient. Photocopies of passports are allowed per the DPS website. I'd check that, or give them a call and verify lest you have it returned to you again. :grumble
"We are oft to blame in this / 'Tis too much proved -- that with devotion's visage / And pious action we do sugar o'er / The devil himself."
Μολὼν λαβέ | NRA Lifetime Member

jiannichan

Post by jiannichan »

WEC wrote:
jiannichan wrote:So, more than likely, it is either my photo's or fingerprint. Those 2 are easy for me to obtain again. I am sure I sent them everything they need to get the application completed. I had my name changed when I became a US citizen in 2002, but I also sent them the court document that stated my name was changed. It could also be that it needs to be notarized, since I only sent them a copy of it. So when they sent you the letter, they also sent you back your photo's that were rejected?

Do you have a passport? A photocopy of the identification page is sufficient. Photocopies of passports are allowed per the DPS website. I'd check that, or give them a call and verify lest you have it returned to you again. :grumble
No passport. I've never left the country, much less left the state of TX for anything so I've never needed one. I've already made a copy of my Naturalization Certificate today and sent it off to them. Hopefully it is enough.
-jchan

ou20081
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ou20081 »

I will be leaving the waiting room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Plastic arrived today. 41 days total.

jiannichan

Post by jiannichan »

Congrats man!!
-jchan

YellowTJ
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Multiple PIN letters?

Post by YellowTJ »

Duck_and_Cover wrote:I have received two PIN letters (same PIN) about 3 weeks apart. Has anyone else received multiple letters?

Yep I've gotten 3 !! Seems like there were about 2 a couple days apart then just recentally another. Not sure what they're doing.

Hos
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Hos »

I've received 2 duplicate PIN letters 2 weeks apart ...so far.
God, Goats, and Guns

Topic author
ProjectS15
Posts in topic: 14

Post by ProjectS15 »

ou20081 wrote:I will be leaving the waiting room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Plastic arrived today. 41 days total.
congrats man

if you dont mind me asking, which county are you in.
IIRC different counties have different processing times for the BG check.
Harris County
Took CHL Class Sept 27th
Mailed Application to DPS Sept 29th
Application received by DPS Oct 3rd
Processing Oct 3rd
Emailed District 135 Representative Dec 11th
Emailed Texas Senator Dan Patrick Dec 11th
Tammy Called Dec 23rd
Application Completed Dec 29th
Plastic in hand Dec 30th

ou20081
Posts in topic: 6