August Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Lonestar 48
Posts in topic: 15

Re: August Applications

Post by Lonestar 48 »

Congrats Nils!!! Hope your walk goes well!
Mailed App Aug 11
Rec'd PIN Aug 18
S Swanston

fredtubbs
Posts in topic: 5

Post by fredtubbs »

cwsample - I suggest that you do not email but call your state senator's office. No need for any explanation other than 'it's been X days and I don't have it, can you help please?' Call DPS first so you can tell them you did that too.

I now personally know 5 people (including myself) who received their plastic within 2-10 days of calling their state rep. All received calls from DPS with offers to overnight their plastic.
Some call me Fred, some don't.

NRA Member
CHL
Bitter clinger

nils
Posts in topic: 34

Post by nils »

:iagree: ...mine was also overnighted...received it at 9am promptly. I can't imagine life without it now...sorry for gloating, but it is so freaking nice.... :thumbs2:
Sent Packet 7/27
DPS Received 8/11
Plastic in Hand 11/07/2008!!!!

Nils F.
Colt Defender
Springfield Armory Operator-Full Rail
Galco IWB Holster

cwsample
Posts in topic: 9

Post by cwsample »

I have called DPS twice now. The first time, 2 1/2 weeks ago, they said they were still waiting on my background check. I called again today, and still waiting on my background check. The guy said it normally only takes 60 days, and they have been waiting much longer than that, so he left a note on someone's desk to see if they could speed it up a little. He said if I don't hear from them or receive it in a couple weeks, then to call back. We will see.....this is /really/ frustrating...over 100 days? I mean, seriously.
Class Taken - 7/21/08
Packet Overnighted - 7/28/08
DPS Received - 7/29/08
Processing - 8/11/08
Application Completed - 11/14/08
Plastic Received - 11/17/08

Students for Concealed Carry on Campus

TexasOpenCarry.org

nils

Post by nils »

CW....don't wait, retaliate!!!! And by retaliate I really mean just bug the heck out of your state rep, and demand that they call DPS on your behalf. :rules: It's their job to help, and you need help at this point. Who is your rep? Send an email first stating your claim and the time frame. Then call if that doesn't get you anywhere. Good luck, and let me know if you need any help.
Sent Packet 7/27
DPS Received 8/11

Nils F.
Colt Defender
Galco IWB Holster

firegirl911
Posts in topic: 3

Post by firegirl911 »

Congrats to Nils :cheers2: and Lonestar :cheers2: !

Well now, I think you deserve a trip to the LGS; just a little "browsing." With all that we go through :waiting: to get our CCL, we certainly must have the right "CCL accessory." ;-) Besides, since the election, there has been a massive stream of folks at the LGS. When I was there, it was standing room only, 4 people working the counter, yellow applications everywhere; it had been like this for about 3 weeks prior to the election and they said they would be sold out within the next 2 weeks. This is a GS which typically carries 3000+ in stock. No AR10s, no accessories; heck, they didn't even have extra mags for either of the ones I bought (PPS40 & XD40). So, with this said, it certainly makes sense to me that once you get your CCL you should go to your LGS and find that perfect "CCL Accessory." :hurry: before there all gone! And then, you have to be comfortable with it; this means Practice, which can only mean you must go to the range and :fire at least 200 rounds through it to make sure it functions correctly. Yep, just my thoughts. "rlol"
"To disarm the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason

tx.agg.96

Post by tx.agg.96 »

logged in today to see - 'Application Completed - license issued or certificate active.'

just waiting on plastic. :woohoo

Nighthawk
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Nighthawk »

Congrats Nills ~ I know it's been a long time coming for you and I'm happy for ya!! :hurry:
Browning BDM 9mm
SW99 9mm
Kimber Ultra Carry 45

Class 8/16/08
Mailed 8/20/08
Received 8/22/08
PIN Received 9/8/08
Application Completed 10/30/08
Plastic Arrived 11/3/08

Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

cwsample ~ I agree with Nills ~ call your rep ~ things always get done faster when a voice is attached and it's not just an email ~ good luck and keep us posted.
Browning BDM 9mm
SW99 9mm
Kimber Ultra Carry 45

Class 8/16/08
Mailed 8/20/08
Received 8/22/08
PIN Received 9/8/08
Plastic Arrived 11/3/08

nils

Post by nils »

Thanks Nighthawk...it was a long wait, but well worth it...and it wouldn't have gotten done without my state rep's help...I'm sure of that.
Sent Packet 7/27
DPS Received 8/11

Nils F.
Colt Defender
Galco IWB Holster

waterpump1

Post by waterpump1 »

cwsample wrote:I have called DPS twice now. The first time, 2 1/2 weeks ago, they said they were still waiting on my background check. I called again today, and still waiting on my background check. The guy said it normally only takes 60 days, and they have been waiting much longer than that, so he left a note on someone's desk to see if they could speed it up a little. He said if I don't hear from them or receive it in a couple weeks, then to call back. We will see.....this is /really/ frustrating...over 100 days? I mean, seriously.
Also contact governors office I got more response from Perry's office.
IANAL
NRA-member
http://www.projectonemilliontexas.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

5/28/2008 completed chl app on
10/10/08 (plastic in hand) 84 days
"Especially for you Mr. Gore....From my cold dead hands!" Charleton Heston

Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

cwsample ~ I agree that it shouldn't take this long ~ I will say though that it's nice that they are so busy ~ I think that the more legal people caring the better!! :fire
Browning BDM 9mm
SW99 9mm
Kimber Ultra Carry 45

Class 8/16/08
Mailed 8/20/08
Received 8/22/08
PIN Received 9/8/08
Plastic Arrived 11/3/08

FlynJay

Post by FlynJay »

I have also contacted my state Rep. since I am now sitting at day 96. Recieved a call back from a staffer that has been assigned to look into my problem.

I think DPS in Austin is getting things figured out to get licenses out in 60days but DPS in Harris county is the problem now. It seems that everyone that has a BC in Harris has to wait 100+ days. I even read of one taking 200+ days. Totally unexcusable. Get your rep involved so that everyone in Harris county gets their plastic earlier.
IANAL, what I write should not be taken as Legal Advice.
"Why I may disagree with what you say, I’ll fight to the death your right to say it."

TexCaboCat
Posts in topic: 15

Post by TexCaboCat »

Day 78 today!!!! :rules: For some reason I have a bad feeling about the timeliness of my license being issued.

CHL class 8/17 :coolgleamA:
Package mailed 8/21 :coolgleamA:
Packaged received 8/25 :coolgleamA:
Processing application 9/04 :coolgleamA:
Application completed 11/20 :coolgleamA:
License in hand 11/28 :coolgleamA:

sivart-dod

Post by sivart-dod »

Day 82 for me! I emailed last night, I just got back a plain "copy / paste" answer.

" At this time we are awaiting the completion of the background investigation. Due to Hurricane Ike, some of the background investigations are taking longer than normal. We do not have an estimated time of completion at this juncture. Thank you for your continued patience"

Its been close to 2 months since Ike, who said anything about me being patient?! "rlol"

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”