July '08 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

pims14
Posts in topic: 2

Re: July '08 Applications

Post by pims14 »

i mailed my app in mid june and im still at "packet mailed to applicant"
yours was at least 3 weeks after mine
when should i start contacting dps?

It is better to wait till atleast the 60 day mark.
"Whatever hits the fan won't be distributed evenly"

waterpump1
Posts in topic: 14

Post by waterpump1 »

After 30 days in austin application still not entered in system. :txflag:
IANAL
NRA-member
http://www.projectonemilliontexas.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

5/28/2008 completed chl app on
10/10/08 (plastic in hand) 84 days
"Especially for you Mr. Gore....From my cold dead hands!" Charleton Heston

kalipsocs
Posts in topic: 13

Post by kalipsocs »

Well guys, good things must be happening at the DPS because on a whim I checked the DPS website today and was shocked to see the the status had moved to "processing application"! I know it will still take a good bit of time, but it gives me hope that at the very least we won't be waiting more than 90 days. Could be the optimist in me, could be the overly optimistic in me. But its just nice to see that SOMETHING is moving right? So keep on checking guys...those new temps must be workin hard! :cheers2:

waterpump1
Posts in topic: 14

Post by waterpump1 »

:clapping: Woke up this morning to processing application. Did not expect that this quick maybe things are getting better for DPS :txflag:
IANAL
NRA-member
http://www.projectonemilliontexas.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

5/28/2008 completed chl app on
10/10/08 (plastic in hand) 84 days
"Especially for you Mr. Gore....From my cold dead hands!" Charleton Heston

jimmy
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jimmy »

Today it's two months till my CHL expires and about one month since I hand-delivered my completed CHL renewal documents to DPS in Austin. I just checked the online status of my application and it's still "Packet mailed to applicant. :waiting:
Last edited by jimmy on Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
ambitman
Posts in topic: 27

Great News!

Post by ambitman »

I am happy to learn that the DPS is moving faster! I hope this means July applicants will be the first group to get their chl's in under 90 days!
July 18 DPS Received
October 22 DPS website status change Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

poppo
Posts in topic: 11

Post by poppo »

FWIW, DPS received my package on July 22. Just for kicks I requested a PIN yesterday via e-mail. Got PIN today and status is Processing application. So things do seem to be moving a little quicker. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned something about veterans possibly being processed faster. I'm retired military, so I don't know if that has any bearing or not.
USMC Retired - DAV Life Member - VFW Life Member - NRA Life Member

kalipsocs

Post by kalipsocs »

FANTASTIC news from the grapevine.....check status this morning on DPS website. "Application incomplete- missing information-letter sent" So I call the DPS to ask what was missing, which to their credit the gentleman was as helpful as could be and polite, but he had no more to tell me than something was missing on the fingerprint card and that the letter had all the details regarding the issue. Thankfully I live about 30 mins from Austin so I suspect I will figure out what is wrong in the next day or so. But needless to say, frustration level has shot up a few points.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Topic author
ambitman

DPS getting help they need!

Post by ambitman »

I was visiting the June Applications board and I noticed that the two most recent CHL holders had their application processed in 74 and 60 days respectively. So it looks like our friends in the DPS are getting the staff they need from the State and things are improving! :txflag:
July 18 DPS Received
October 22 DPS website status change Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

Topic author
ambitman

July '08 Applications

Post by ambitman »

JUST GOT PIN NUMBER FROM DPS APPLICATION PROCESSING! SUBMITTED APPLICATION JULY 15.
July 18 DPS Received

jimmy
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jimmy »

31 days after hand-delivering my renewal documents to DPS headquarters my online status has changed from Packet mailed to applicant to Processing application. This is encouraging.

kalipsocs

Post by kalipsocs »

Ugh....prints were not classifiable. Anyone know a place near Austin I can get a GOOD set of prints done?

artificialgrey
Posts in topic: 1

Re: DPS getting help they need!

Post by artificialgrey »

ambitman wrote:I was visiting the June Applications board and I noticed that the two most recent CHL holders had their application processed in 74 and 60 days respectively. So it looks like our friends in the DPS are getting the staff they need from the State and things are improving! :txflag:
I think that "60 day application" you saw might've been a misinterpretation of someone's timeline in their sig. TexasCHL14 marked his 60 day point in his sig with bold red letters, but his app actually took 76 days to get done IIRC. The fastest one I've seen lately was 69 days and that guy was almost to the point of stalking his state rep. "rlol"

Edit: My mistake - just saw the person on the forum you were talking about - geez 60 days...
Last edited by artificialgrey on Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
05/30 Mailed Application
06/03 DPS Received Application
07/15 Changed to 'Processing Application'
08/13 'Application Completed - license issued or certificate active'
08/15 Plastic in hand
73 Days total w/o any calls to DPS or state rep

jee
Posts in topic: 30

Post by jee »

:willynilly: :willynilly: :willynill
Day fifty five and the start of another week of checking the DPS website daily.
6/12/2008 online app completed
class taken 6/28/008
Mailed app. 6/29/2008
received pin next week
8/8/2008 emailed dps
8/8/2008 status changed to processing app.
10/7 waiting on UPS
10/8 9:45 AM UPS with PLASTIC in hand

XDpackinBob
Posts in topic: 3

Post by XDpackinBob »

Ugh....prints were not classifiable. Anyone know a place near Austin I can get a GOOD set of prints done?
The FAST service DPS recommends has 2 locations in Austin.... (I had a link here but board rules I think say NO NO so I removed it ...) the link is also on the DPS CHL website.

Tips:

Make sure your fingertips are clean (tooth brushed with dish soap if need be. (Removes excess oils )) :thumbs2:

When working with the FAST Tech, relax and let them do the work, don’t push down on the pad your self unless they tell you too, let them put the pressure on the scanner pad, relax the hand totally when they roll them. I had one finger that would not print clear and the machine told him that it was bad (Beeped), had to roll it three times.

I did not use FAST but another Co. here in Dallas that also scans prints for the state. They went right through the background so I can’t say enough about scanned prints. :thumbs2:

But on a side note ;-) there have been reports of even the scanned sets getting returned so there is no real guarantee.

HTH :patriot: :txflag:
XD-40 Sub-Compact, Blackhawk! CQC Serpa level 2 and 3, Tuck This.
NRA.
TSRA.

Class. 5-14-08
Mailed. 5-15
Received. 5-19-08
96 days, Completed and active. 8-23-08
Plastic in hand. 8-27-08
First renewal complete
Second renewal pending

Bob

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”