"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 3

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by longhorn_92 »

03Lightningrocks wrote:Plastic arrived today. I saw the mail man coming down the other side of the street and stood by my mailbox waiting for him to come back up my side...LOL.
After months of anxiously waiting for my plastic, it is rather anti-climatic. It looks like my drivers license, only I look fatter in this picture. I'll leave the door open on my way out so the rest of you can get out quicker. :cheers2:
Congratulations!

Yeah...it's funny that way.......All the fireworks and bells/whistles went off when you first saw the "Application Completed". Then it comes and it is somewhat anti-climatic.

Until you do your first real carry!

BTW - who is that fat-man on my "plastic"?........I guess with all of that waiting (Application Processing).....all I could do was snack! :smilelol5:
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 12

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

longhorn_92 wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:Plastic arrived today. I saw the mail man coming down the other side of the street and stood by my mailbox waiting for him to come back up my side...LOL.
After months of anxiously waiting for my plastic, it is rather anti-climatic. It looks like my drivers license, only I look fatter in this picture. I'll leave the door open on my way out so the rest of you can get out quicker. :cheers2:
Congratulations!

Yeah...it's funny that way.......All the fireworks and bells/whistles went off when you first saw the "Application Completed". Then it comes and it is somewhat anti-climatic.

Until you do your first real carry!

BTW - who is that fat-man on my "plastic"?........I guess with all of that waiting (Application Processing).....all I could do was snack! :smilelol5:

Yeah, it's going to seem weird to conceal carry legally... "rlol" . I celebrated by buying a pre-ban semi-auto Uzi today. Now I just need to figure out how to conceal it. Maybe a shoulder rig.

Lumberjack98
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lumberjack98 »

I just received my renewal in the mail yesterday (July 5th). It was mailed on July 3rd, so I'm saying that it was here on the 4th (the post office just happened to be closed.

It only took 48 days from mailing until plastic in hand. :thumbs2: Wow! I feel pretty fortunate based on the waiting time of others. I thought for sure that it would take AT LEAST another 52 days.

I checked on July 1st and it said "in process" or something like that. I'm pumped!
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

tarbe
Posts in topic: 10

Post by tarbe »

Been almost 3 months since I mailed my stuff in....still no movement from "Packet mailed to applicant".

I sent an email a couple weeks ago and they acknowledged that my stuff is in the pile...just gotta wait.

Tim
Semper Fi!

KaiserB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KaiserB »

My plastic finally arrived in the mailbox today... I am off to Wally-world this weekend. 105 total days from packet received by DPS to license received by me.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 12

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

KaiserB wrote:My plastic finally arrived in the mailbox today... I am off to Wally-world this weekend. 105 total days from packet received by DPS to license received by me.
Congrats. :tiphat:

Mark F

Post by Mark F »

I checked DPS online this morning and my "STATUS" has changed to "APPLICATION COMPLETED- LICENSE ISSUED".

OK, that's nice... but it took over 90 days to get to this point. Now I have to wait on our Postal System to get my CHL License to me! *** Ho boy ***

Mark Fuess
Bedford TX
Image Only when the best will suffice.

Mark F

Post by Mark F »

Ladies & Gents,

After 93 days in WAITING... my CHL Plastic arrived today! It's been a L O N G, L O N G, wait... but its here now and I'm a happy camper.

Mark F
Bedford TX
Image Only when the best will suffice.

kd5zex
Posts in topic: 6

Post by kd5zex »

Mark F wrote:Ladies & Gents,

After 93 days in WAITING... my CHL Plastic arrived today! It's been a L O N G, L O N G, wait... but its here now and I'm a happy camper.

Mark F
Bedford TX
Congrats, be safe!
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

bighays10
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bighays10 »

CONGRATULATIONS! I hope I get mines soon!
29 March 2008-took class
1 April 2008- mailed application
10 April 2008- packet received at DPS
16 July 2008- processing application
3 Sept 2008- License issued or certificate active
15 Sept 2008- Plastic in hand (159 DAYS)

Fixintu
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Fixintu »

Finally!!! :woohoo

This simple screen is what we all bow our heads and pray for each time we log in to check status:

God smiled on me today. Now I just have to wait on the postman!!!! :anamatedbanana :hurry: :cheers2: :patriot: :thumbs2: :thewave :party: :rock"

Good luck to those of you still waiting :cheers2:
EDC:Glock 43 IWB
USAF Vet

tarbe
Posts in topic: 10

Post by tarbe »

Well, mine just changed to "Processing Application" today! Only about 100 days after mailing!

:clapping:

Progress, at least....
Semper Fi!

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

One of my female students e-mailed last week that hers just came in - 16 weeks.

Possibly better news for renewals though: Mine just arrived today. Exactly 7 weeks from the date they received it.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Rayden

Post by Rayden »

Plastic in hand today :woohoo See y'all later .... I am out of the waiting room :anamatedbanana

:fire :thewave

blacksheepmarty

Post by blacksheepmarty »

After 85 days since receipt of my packet, I have plastic in hand. I am outta here!!

:thewave
:thewave

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”