April Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

ericsu19
Posts in topic: 43

Re: April Applications

Post by ericsu19 »

sent out and e-mail last night to rep hope it gets things moving faster

Rub N Smoke
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Rub N Smoke »

ericsu19 wrote:sent out and e-mail last night to rep hope it gets things moving faster
Heck at this point it couldnt hurt. Im in the same boat with you.......
06 April 08: Class completed.
07 April 08: Paperwork sent.
11 April 08: Packet opened/ check cashed by DPS.
( 107 days License in hand!!)

ABN556
Posts in topic: 25

Post by ABN556 »

It will be 80 days for me tomorrow and I have not rec'd a pin or heard a word from anyone. I wonder if I'll get this thing before the November elections???

JLB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JLB »

4/12 completed course and mailed package
4/30 received PIN and status was "Processing Application"
Mid June and early July I sent mail to CHL address and got some "disgruntled" responses.
I guess some people hate their jobs.
7/8 Still "Processing Application"
Not sure what the real reason is for the delay but I'm afraid if I send another message my application could go "MIA"
Being Paitient but not happy
7/8 After reading a number of entries on this forum I wrote an e-mail to my represenative. Lets see if that helps.
7/11 On Line status changed to Application incomplete-missing information. I called and they said I sent the wrong page of my DD214 (Im a former Marine). I faxed a new copy to them and called back. They said I have to wait till Monday to see if the Fax arrived and if it was readable. Waiting again... :banghead: :mad5
7/15 Called DPS (CHL) again and they received my FAX.. Web page still says missing information..
7/16 TexasOnLine site updated back to "Processing Application". Help Mr Wizard, I am stuck in a big loop.. :mad5 :banghead:
7/21 Another week gone and still "Processing Application". I have spoken to the CHL support line a couple of times and at least they are nicer than they were. Still not sure what the hold up is. It is getting to be enough to P%$$ off a preacher. :grumble :grumble
7/23: Spoke to the CHL office again yesterday. For Joy.. THey said they were doing my background investigation and laid the blame on my county. They said "Some counties just are not very fast with their turn around of the background checks. Yeah I believe them. I think if it is left up to them here is something we would never get to do.. .. :fire I guess I should be more understanding since they are all such hard working government employees.. :smilelol5: Here they are on a typical Monday morning telling you that the slant you put on your "t" isnt acceptable and that you have to resubmit. :rules:
7/25: 104 days so far. That is 3 months, 13 days. Maybe the people working on the CHL's are lawyers or something. They are still passing the buck and blaming the County for being slow on the background investigation. I guess I just figure that if they hadn't taken 3 months to submit the background investigation it would have been done already. :headscratch
7/28: The start of another week of waiting. Congratulations to those of you who have plastic in hand. The rest of us will bang our heads a little louder to make up for you being gone.. :banghead:
7/29: Progress (I think). Governmental progress that is. I called the CHL office again today and they said everything was done and that my license was sent to "imaging" to have the photo added to it. They said another week or two. Must be a very slow printer. It's fuzzy and very dim, but perhaps that is a light at the end of this tunnel.. :totap:
7/31: Page still shows Processing Application. :grumble
8/4 : Called DPS again today and spoke to Lauren. No help and couldnt answer what the delay was. She just had the pat answer.. "Wait another 4 weeks then call back". Told me to write to the PO Box address and make it attention to Heather (The supervisor). Im sure writing to a PO Box will take a few weeks as well. Once again I am :banghead: I did send an e-mail to the CHL address with forwarding instriuctions to Heather asking for her assistance.
8/6: Received a call back from Heather (CHL License Supervisor). Very nice person. She said she was sorry for the delays and for the different answers we get each time we call someone. Again she sounded very nice but we will see how long before she calls back. She said she would call me when everything is ready and my plastic is ready to mail out. :roll: We will see..
8/8: Another Friday with no word. Im gona call Heather again on Monday. Argggggggggggggggggggggg :cryin
8/12: Sent another request to DPS to have Heather update me on my package. Websites still says (you guessed it) "Processing Application"... :banghead:
8/14: Arggggg. Still no call back or word since I sent Heather a request to call me on Tuesday.
8/15: Yet another Friday with no word. I really thought that Heather would assist but I guess that was giving her to much credit. :mad5
8/19: Another wet Tuesday in Texas and another e-mail sent to Heather. Never heard back from the last one so I sent another one today. I figure this is a matter of princilpal now (Since my check was cashed many months ago). :totap:
8/20: Im not releasing the dancing banannas quite yet but I will give it a smile. After all these months I got this today:"Your license was mailed to you on Tuesday August 19, yesterday. Please allow 7-10 business days for it to arrive. " :txflag: The website still says Processing Application but it should change in the next day or two.
8/21: You all know I love ya but it will be good to finally escape the Waiting Room.. Im waiting on the Postal service now. Today the Web site shows "Application Complete... License issued or certificate active". Until the mail arrives I'll let loose with one dancing bananna.. :anamatedbanana
8/27: This is why Only let out with one Bananna.. Still no plastic. I guess the mail gets routed to China or something like that.
8/28: I knew this would happen. Got my card today HOURAAAAAAAAAA.. To those of you left here I know paitience is hard (I had none). I hope your plastic arrives soon. Goodby.. :thewave
Last edited by JLB on Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:22 pm, edited 30 times in total.

ericsu19

Post by ericsu19 »

Received auto reply from rep. They have to many e-mails to answer if you think it important enough you can mail a letter. Looks like I am on my own no help from the rep. By the time I write a letter It may take them 60 days to open it.

ABN556
Posts in topic: 25

Post by ABN556 »

I contacted the governor's office today after receiving a message stating that they were swamped with applications and had no news for me after nearly 80 days.
04/19/08 - Took Class
4/25/08 – Packet received by DPS
5/1/08 – Check cleared my bank
7/21/08 – Rec’d PIN
08/28/08 - Heather called - license being mailed out today.
08/29/08 - web site updated:

ericsu19

Post by ericsu19 »

At this point I guess it will come when it comes Ill just wait it out and let it run its course.

WC87
Posts in topic: 7

Post by WC87 »

Rub N Smoke wrote:
WC87 wrote:Nothing for me. What a joke.
Sounds to me like you need to be E-Mailing/ Calling your Rep. for help!!
Email sent last night!! :lol:: Response from the Rep today, we'll see if it helps...
CHL Class: 2/17/08
Mailed packet 4/07/08
Check Cleared 4/11/08
PIN # received 7/17/08
8/14/08 Status Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

ArmedTeacher
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ArmedTeacher »

98 days and still waiting...

I have had no notice of any problems with my packet.

:banghead:
15 Mar 08--CHL Initial Class
20 Mar 08--Applied Online
26 Mar 08--Packet mailed certified to DPS
02 Apr 08--Packet Rec'd by DPS
25 Jul 08--Plastic in wallet---115 Days

ericsu19

Post by ericsu19 »

Looks like ours are around the same time keep me informed of your process. surely if there were any back ground problems we would have seen it by now.

ericsu19

Post by ericsu19 »

I am a little confused I see were the application is sent to the designee is this the county we live in they are sending this to for reveiw? If it is the county maybe they are the ones setting on things. If someone could clear this up for me I would appreciat that.

thebz
Posts in topic: 6

Post by thebz »

WOOHOO... got an envelope in the mail today, bent it back and forth just to see if maybe, maybe there was a feel of plastic. Alas, no. But I did finally get my pin number today. Looks like day 98... Yes, I checked already...Processing Application.

Brenda
S.A. XD 9sc
March 30, 2008 Class Taken
April 1, 2008 Packet Mailed
April 3, 2008 Packet Received by DPS (confirmed)
June 25, 2008 NOTHING, NADA, ZIPOLA
July 9, 2008 Pin Received, Processing Application

kman458
Posts in topic: 9

Post by kman458 »

thebz wrote:WOOHOO... got an envelope in the mail today, bent it back and forth just to see if maybe, maybe there was a feel of plastic. Alas, no. But I did finally get my pin number today. Looks like day 98... Yes, I checked already...Processing Application.

Brenda
S.A. XD 9sc
March 30, 2008 Class Taken
April 1, 2008 Packet Mailed
April 3, 2008 Packet Received by DPS (confirmed)
June 25, 2008 NOTHING, NADA, ZIPOLA
July 9, 2008 Pin Received, Processing Application
Yes well at least we both seem to be on the same schedule as far as time goes so maby we will both get them at the same time so we can do 1 wally walk seeing as I really do hate to go there. Plus we finally know they are doing something. :thewave :thewave :woohoo

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”