April Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

agbullet2k1
Posts in topic: 15

Re: April Applications

Post by agbullet2k1 »

Sweet, we have our own room now!!! I'm starting to hope that the wait time is a bell curve and we're back on the low end now :biggrinjester:
Walther P99AS 9mm
Beretta PX4sc 9mm
Walther P99 .40 S&W
FrankenAR-15
Type II Phaser

pedalman
Posts in topic: 4

Post by pedalman »

I'll grab a chair in here, if y'all don't mind.

getusumtx
Posts in topic: 14

Post by getusumtx »

Howdy everyone....I think I'll pull my chair on over as well. DPS last told me
"At this time we are awaiting the completion of the background investigation. Thank you for your continued patience."-Simone
I dont know how much longer it will take,but the next round is on me..... :cheers2:
Proud College Student/VP of the College Republicans/Iraq war Veteran

WC87
Posts in topic: 7

Post by WC87 »

I'm an April applicant, and I haven't received squat. No PIN, no license, no nothing. Check was cashed in exactly 4 days, however.

:mad5

:iagree:
CHL Class: 2/17/08
Mailed packet 4/07/08
Check Cleared 4/11/08
PIN # received 7/17/08
8/14/08 Status Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

Rub N Smoke
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Rub N Smoke »

I recived an E-Mail from my Reps. office (Corbin Van Arsdale) and they said that they had spoken directly with Simone and she said they at DPS just hired on another 15 people to input applications but even with that they were only able to input 1 DATE per DAY and they were working on March 20th as of today. Hopefully that'll light a little flame under them and we can all get our apps. done a little quicker. As you can see from my sig. its been over 70 days for me without a PIN!! I think if enough of us keep pushing them they will eventually fix the system. I know it'll never be an overnight thing but come on there has to be a better way, starting with "First in, First out!!!" :deadhorse:
06 April 08: Class completed.
07 April 08: Paperwork sent.
11 April 08: Packet opened/ check cashed by DPS.
( 107 days License in hand!!)

getusumtx

Post by getusumtx »

This makes no sense to me, I applied after you and went into the "processing application" status at the beginning of may. I received an email from Simone last week,which stated the day they received my app(4-23-08) and that I that they are just waitin on my background check to come back. I dont believe they have an sort of order down there, its become just grab an app and get it done gaggle.

longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 4

Post by longhorn_92 »

labrat1001001 wrote:Hey fellas, in a few of the other rooms, things got heated and people started losing their cool to some degree. Can we agree to disagee and still show respect? :cheers2:

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Guys - nothing will be accomplished if we start turning on ourselves...

The plastic will arrive - just be patient!
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

kicker
Posts in topic: 3

Post by kicker »

Rub N Smoke wrote:I recived an E-Mail from my Reps. office (Corbin Van Arsdale) and they said that they had spoken directly with Simone and she said they at DPS just hired on another 15 people to input applications but even with that they were only able to input 1 DATE per DAY and they were working on March 20th as of today.
I dont believe their input system any consistency. My application was received in Austin on April 7th. And I have not yet received a pin number. Two other people from my class sent in their applications over 30 days after mine, in early May, and they received their pins numbers last week. I feel like it should be first come first served, but it doesnt appear to work that way.

getusumtx

Post by getusumtx »

labrat1001001 wrote:Hey fellas, in a few of the other rooms, things got heated and people started losing their cool to some degree. Can we agree to disagee and still show respect? :cheers2:
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

We have all our methods.. Which works best i say we go with =)

Rub N Smoke
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Rub N Smoke »

Did I miss something?? I didnt Honestly think anyone was getting "Heated", was I wrong??? If I was wrong, I apoligize for any Dis-Respect... :headscratch
06 April 08: Class completed.
07 April 08: Paperwork sent.
11 April 08: Packet opened/ check cashed by DPS.
( 107 days License in hand!!)

thebz
Posts in topic: 6

Post by thebz »

Well, here we are in late June. No words from DPS *at all*. The gentleman I work for took the class 3 weeks prior to me and received his plastic last Friday, June 20... he did NOT receive a pin number at all, the plastic just showed up. I know this cause the mail crosses my palms first. I did let him open it himself though<BAG>...

I know it should be 60 days, as in calendar days but our 60 "working" days is this Friday. Wonder what two more weeks will bring...no pin or any correspondence from the Great State of Texas...

Oh the joys of "THE WAIT'...

Brenda
S.A. XD 9sc
March 30, 2008 Class Taken
April 1, 2008 Packet Mailed
April 3, 2008 Packet Received by DPS (confirmed)
June 25, 2008 NOTHING, NADA, ZIPOLA

getusumtx

Post by getusumtx »

Did I miss something?? I didnt Honestly think anyone was getting "Heated", was I wrong??? If I was wrong, I apoligize for any Dis-Respect... :headscratch
No..you didn't. I think he was just trying to stop things before they got heated. in the other thread, it was only a matter of minutes before it exploded and tempers raged.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”